DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Working from home will be even better in the Winter. Only someone who had never commuted could say that the Winter would get people commuting again. Commuting in the Winter is hateful. Summe

I think this fiasco has buggered up the lives of many, and for what?

This scenario is the reason why I’ve withdrawn from work and spending on anything other than essentials. When I left school in 1974 aged 16 and started full time work my understanding was that I

Posted Images

Lies, damned lies, statistics, and unemployment numbers.

https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/business/unemployment-scarborough-lower-average-england-data-shows-689717

The latest ONS data shows that 3.5% of people aged between 16 and 64 and actively looking for a job were unemployed in Scarborough in 2018 – around 2,000 people.

Those figures were worked out as a monthly average across the year.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/middlesbrough-jobless-rate-hits-10-18437713

The town's rate of 10.1% is the fifth highest in the country behind places including Blackpool, Birmingham and Wolverhampton.

I can go to estates, which house several percentage points on the local population, that barely a handful actually have FT jobs.

Mix in crap like TCs n UC, DLA etc and youve not fucking idea of economic activity/unemployment is.

This has been going on since the early 80s.

Not a single government

has provided an honest snapshot.

Neither has the ONS which play the same bull shit game

_106126973_optimised-benefits-nc.png

This chart doesnt show a low unemployment economy FFS.

A simpler, ungamed metric would be - number of 16-65 earning NMW or more.

3 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Stats on number of people receiving HB would help
in work
out of work
retired

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-benefits-statistics-august-2019/dwp-benefits-statistical-summary-august-2019

Jobseeker’s Allowance    251,000

Income Support  448,000

Carer’s Allowance  1,303,000

Attendance Allowance  1,571,000

Pension Credit  1,613,000

Disability Living Allowance   1,679,000

Employment and Support Allowance   2,073,000

Personal Independence Payment   2,114,000

Housing Benefit   3,758,000

State Pension   12,633,000

Not sure of the overlap- work dodgers barely claim just one benny - but those figures point to ~6m/7m at least.

4 minutes ago, spygirl said:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/dwp-benefits-statistics-august-2019/dwp-benefits-statistical-summary-august-2019

Jobseeker’s Allowance    251,000

Income Support  448,000

Carer’s Allowance  1,303,000

Attendance Allowance  1,571,000

Pension Credit  1,613,000

Disability Living Allowance   1,679,000

Employment and Support Allowance   2,073,000

Personal Independence Payment   2,114,000

Housing Benefit   3,758,000

State Pension   12,633,000

Not sure of the overlap- work dodgers barely claim just one benny - but those figures point to ~6m/7m at least.

I am going there will be some new furlough scheme. Not called that of course. Designed to smudge the true figures even further from reach by Christmas. 

49 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I think this fiasco has buggered up the lives of many, and for what?

A positive we can take is well known business leaders starting to call 'bullshit' on corona regs and they will carry considerable weight in the court of public opinion, unlike fringe lunatics on sites like dosbods or off guardian. Linked to that article in the hate is an interview with Rocco Forte doing just that:

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-8725559/Sir-Rocco-Forte-wants-Britain-reopened-business.html

London Real also covered this and is making noises about co ordinating London business to get people back in work and get the economy moving before everything is gone for good. I think he mentions one of the investment banks moving to get their salespeople and trading floor staff back into London:

https://www.bitchute.com/video/Tb-4rd_8XvU/

2 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

9.6m on furlough mid August.

They are people with a job that doesn't need doing, or that work for a company that can't afford them.

I don't see what can happen to change the above position.

Really 9.6m furloughed in August? O.o After the economy started re-opening? 

Fuck me, I knew it was bad for the UK, but if that’s correct it’s bad to the point of disaster. And all for nothing. 

1 minute ago, Errol said:

It won't make any difference. At least 50% of the population will carry on isolating and not shopping or doing 'normal' stuff until either the virus leaves or there is a vaccine etc. 

So Mr. Forte can open up as much as he likes, but the cat is out of the bag. Things won't return to normal for at least 50% of his customer base - probably for years. Same goes for working for home. It's too late - pandora's box has been opened.

The Government can't control it now.

Hope this is all true.

I only spend in places without mask wearing enforced. The other 2k a month accumulates...

5 minutes ago, Caravan Monster said:

making noises about co ordinating London business to get people back in work 

It isn't coming back. People are already at work - work is a thing not a place. Home working is going to be 50% (at least) of working life for a majority of those in London now. So the businesses need to adapt to have 50% fewer customers.

Over the course of lockdown plenty also learned to save money (no coffee buying) and realised how much they were squandering on lunches etc.

I genuinely believe that the economy has changed for good.