DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Question of Sport - Guess the new blacks/women.

So it seems a Question of Sport are having a clear out of their current all white team. Phil "White Boy" Tufnell and Matt "The Cracker" Dawson are both to be replaced as captains along with Women-but-unfortunately-White-and-Old presenter Sue Barker.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-54135771

So the question is which blacks and women will be captaining the new teams and which black will be the new host?

I honestly can't think of any female sporting celebrities with any personality whatsoever. Jessica Ennis is a vacuum, as are all the tennis failures, cricket players and soccerers. They will really struggle to find any women with sufficient fame, knowledge and personality I think. Maybe that marathon runner from 10 years back?

Kris Akabusi is fun and black so he might be alright. There must be plenty of black ex soccer players who have a decent amount of media training also. They will do alright for blacks I think. The beauty of getting a black in is that they don't have to be women to score pravda SJW points.

Edited by deathfunk
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've you're doing a sweepstake I'll go for Tanni Grey Thompson as she's always come across as fairly bright and articulate and ticks the "disabled" and "not a man" boxes. Not that I really give a

And all of whom will simply stop watching it. But it will continue to be made as will Top Gear and Dr Who since the BBC will never admit it is wrong even when the programmes they make have all th

So, they'll take a nice comfy program that older people watch and jazz it up for the younger audience who dont watch the bbc anyway. Then not admit that it's gone to shit.  If only they'd read up on t

Posted Images

1 minute ago, deathfunk said:

So it seems a Question of Sport are having a clear out of their current all white team. Phil "White Boy" Tufnell and Matt "The Cracker" Dawson are both to be replaced as captains along with Women-but-unfortunately-White-and-Old presenter Sue Barker.

So the question is which blacks and women will be captaining the new teams and which black will be the new host?

I honestly can't think of any female sporting celebrities with any personality whatsoever. Jessica Ennis is a vacuum, as are all the tennis failures, cricket players and soccerers. They will really struggle to find any women with sufficient fame, knowledge and personality I think. Maybe that marathon runner from 10 years back?

Kris Akabusi is fun and black so he might be alright. There must be plenty of black ex soccer players who have a decent amount of media training also. They will do alright for blacks I think. The beauty of getting a black in is that they don't have to be women to score pravda SJW points.

They'll go for the whole diversity range. Wouldn't surprise me if they changed the show's format so they can have a couple of presenters or more team captains - otherwise they'll need to find a black disabled tranny who was a refugee and now represents GB in Islamic pole vaulting.

I've you're doing a sweepstake I'll go for Tanni Grey Thompson as she's always come across as fairly bright and articulate and ticks the "disabled" and "not a man" boxes.

Not that I really give a stuff about this terminally tedious quiz that needs putting out of its misery; I think David Vine was presenting it the last time I watched it.

49 minutes ago, deathfunk said:

Kris is a Kunt.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/11728868.olympian-kris-akabussi-enters-renting-game-after-joining-property-franchise/

https://www.propertytribes.com/kriss-akabusi-ask-the-man-in-the-mirror-t-127625342.html

If you want engaging and entertaining then sportsfolk are the last people you want (outside of their sports environment, obviously).

[I think this is baked into them -- you're selecting people who are far more interested in spending all their time training than being normal.  And, even when they get wealthy enough to 'have a good time', they spend all their time behaving like 15 year olds, because that's where their social development stopped.]

The one exception would be any of the disabled athletes, because they've come from a very different background/environment than the able-bodied athletes -- so, even though they've also had 'spending so much time training' they have half a chance of actually being normal as well.

And maybe snooker and darts -- well, they always used to be signs of a misspent youth, anyway.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Not that I really give a stuff about this terminally tedious quiz that needs putting out of its misery; I think David Vine was presenting it the last time I watched it.

There is a finite number of ways a quiz on TV can work so ultimately the success of a show depends on the participants. If they can’t deliver it simply won’t work. The honest thing for the BBC to do would be to scrap the show but for all their supposed longing for things young, new and diverse they increasingly rely on their “heritage” products to deliver viewers since most of their more recent output simply is not very good.

With regard to replacements there are vanishingly few sports people who can perform as presenters of programs as most of them are poor communicators and  know little or nothing about the world outside the cloistered world of their sport. Looking at the Form book at recent BBC show revamps my suspicion is that it will be a disaster and the brand will simply crash and burn. My guess is that someone like Jason Mohammed will be quiz master as he is at least a professional presenter  and knows how to use a microphone. Fuck knows who they will get as captains.

Edited by Virgil Caine
2 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Not a woman?

Any chance his agent could get him to go trans?

I'll be honest, I've never watched qos. The brief clips I've seen have boring.

Essentially sport and comedy really don't mix; sport is entirely po-faced and about professionalism and winning.

The single exception to this IMO was Frank Skinner who against all the odds made football funny for a few years in the 90s through being original rather than just saying blah blah David Pleat blah blah Jimmy Bullard blah blah Gazza.

29 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Essentially sport and comedy really don't mix; sport is entirely po-faced and about professionalism and winning.

The single exception to this IMO was Frank Skinner who against all the odds made football funny for a few years in the 90s through being original rather than just saying blah blah David Pleat blah blah Jimmy Bullard blah blah Gazza.

Looking back now, the Jeff Astle singing was absolutely inspired; one of the most bizarre things ever to make it on to mainstream telly, and it worked!

Laura Davies was always very good on the show as a guest. Incredible sports knowledge. Not quite light up the screen personality but that's probably not important. 

Maybe someone like John Barnes who is a constant whinger who also thinks he's funny but really isn't may fit their criteria. 

Le Tissier and Flintoff would be the sort of combination that could actually be vaguely amusing. Clearly won't though for obvious reasons.

15 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Who cares? Does anyone even watch it? Even those of you with a licence? 

Well my endearing memories of it were Emlyn Hughes, Bill Beaumont and David Coleman (possibly Beefy). Two of those are dead which shows how long it's taken to get rid of this unflushable programme. 

I really liked Superstars, and enjoyed it when they brought it back. No idea why they didn't make more. Either I was the only person that enjoyed it, it was too expensive to make or modern sports people are too busy training to take time out to cycle around the Canaries and do some dips.