DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Shisha bar in trouble for allowing smoking

https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/news/18718882.shisha-bar-fined-allowing-smoking-third-time/

Two Apples Cafe at 341 Rochdale Road, Oldham and owner Mohamad Mayali, 51, who lives at the premises, were fined a total of £5,000 and ordered to pay a total of £900 costs for breaching the Health Act 2006 which prevents people smoking in public places.

In April, 2019, Kayali was fined £2,000 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £170 plus costs of £825.

Then, Two Apples, was also fined £3,000 with a victim surcharge of £170 and costs of £825.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

with a victim surcharge of £170 and costs of £825.

So someone who finds smoking objectionable deliberately went to a shisha cafe. Then rather than just fuck off when they realise it doesn’t suit them, they take the owner to court, to try and destroy their business.

And they are the victim... :wanker:

1 hour ago, Hail the Tripod said:

So someone who finds smoking objectionable deliberately went to a shisha cafe. Then rather than just fuck off when they realise it doesn’t suit them, they take the owner to court, to try and destroy their business.

And they are the victim... :wanker:

I love smoking, but I'd be down the local copshop pronto personally, if I knew there were Muz sitting round smoking shisha all day near me, openly flouting the law, while others get fined for smoking just for being white.

Edited by spunko
4 minutes ago, spunko said:

I love smoking personally, but I'd be down the local copshop pronto personally, if I knew there were Muz sitting round smoking shisha all day  near me, openly flouting the law, while others get fined for smoking just for being white.

I’m the opposite, a non smoker who respects people’s right to smoke if they want to. The smoking ban has destroyed the ambience of the pub, I don’t feel any great urge to pass that destruction along.

Given they’ve been fined multiple times at this point, it doesn’t seem like anyone is giving them a pass for “cultural reasons”. And it’s not like shisha pipes are exclusively restricted to any race or religion.

Just another case to file under self-righteous cunt going out of their way to fuck over people who just want to be left the fuck alone, IMO.

Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

I’m the opposite, a non smoker who respects people’s right to smoke if they want to. The smoking ban has destroyed the ambience of the pub, I don’t feel any great urge to pass that destruction along.

Given they’ve been fined multiple times at this point, it doesn’t seem like anyone is giving them a pass for “cultural reasons”. And it’s not like shisha pipes are exclusively restricted to any race or religion.

Just another case to file under self-righteous cunt going out of their way to fuck over people who just want to be left the fuck alone, IMO.

Maybe if I could go into a shisha bar and smoke with them, I'd feel more inclined to agree with you on that. Sure, I could in theory legally be allowed to go in, but would I be made to feel welcome? Probably not.  Smoking shisha is reserved for the Muz.

It'd be nice if more pubs flouted the smoking ban, but that's another story.

3 minutes ago, spunko said:

Maybe if I could go into a shisha bar and smoke with them, I'd feel more inclined to agree with you on that. Sure, I could in theory legally be allowed to go in, but would I be made to feel welcome? Probably not.  Smoking shisha is reserved for the Muz.

It'd be nice if more pubs flouted the smoking ban, but that's another story.

I went to one on Edgware road a few times before the ban and it was fine. Nobody raised an eyebrow. My mate was an atheist with a Muslim father so was technically guilty of apostasy and no-one seemed bothered by that either.

Just now, Hail the Tripod said:

I went to one on Edgware road a few times before the ban and it was fine. Nobody raised an eyebrow. My mate was an atheist with a Muslim father so was technically guilty of apostasy and no-one seemed bothered by that either.

Interesting, would I be allowed to smoke cigs in there? :P Might pop in on the way home... any excuse.

1 minute ago, spunko said:

Interesting, would I be allowed to smoke cigs in there? :P Might pop in on the way home... any excuse.

I haven’t even seen one in years. There used to be a Lebanese restaurant in Woking with a couple of Shisha pipes on the patio, but the local Muslims avoided it and it was almost exclusively for drunk (mostly white) office parties. Even that’s been gone a few years now though.

Better off just getting a shed with a pool table and dartboard and inviting a bunch of the nicer neighbours round once a week.

8 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

Better off just getting a shed with a pool table and dartboard and inviting a bunch of the nicer neighbours round once a week.

Or..invite up to five neighbours who live in the same house, on rotation, seven times a week.

Do your bit to protect the NHS.

Edited by eta-carinae
Just now, eta-carinae said:

Or..invite up to five neighbours who live in the same house, on rotation,

Or..invite up to five neighbours who live in the same house, on rotation, seven times a week.

Do your bit to protect the NHS.

Smoking appears to be highly protective for Covid19. But it’s yet another one of those “unhelpful” Covid facts, so no one will thank you for it.