DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Corporate cunts in action

Right, reuters, anybody use it?

try this, clear your cookies

visit https://uk.reuters.com/

you'll get this come up

reuters.thumb.png.83045214ba4dd7f71b42abd921d24b7d.png

now click on manage consent....for this next bit to come up, I need to click on 'IAB Europe' then back to 'Information We collect', might be cos of ublock, but anyway let's continue 

reuters2.thumb.png.6e45ad711bc8e5ea30475ec971199ed5.png

then you click on 'Decline All'

BUT IT DOESN'T FRICKIN WORK, IT GOES BACK TO 'WE NEED YOUR CONSENT'

SO LISTEN UP YANKEE CUNTS, YOU'RE ON MY BLACKLIST NOW AND I'M COMPLAINING TO THE EU COMMISSION ABOUT YOU

CUNTSX1000

:PissedOff:

Edit to add: this is using Chromium browser......actually Firefox doesn't ask for cookie consent.....why not? :ph34r:

Edited by 5min OCD speculator
5 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

Another one YAHOO, what a complete pile of steaming cac that co turned into as well :P

Just don't even bother, more websites than I realised belong to yahoo and always pop ups loads of crap something about the OATH Group. 

Who would ever have predicted 25 years ago when they were the coolest thing ever. 

I'm not sure what their crime is (?)

Legally they're required to notify you of cookies and give you the opportunity to decline them, they're not obliged to offer access if you decline.

You can probably get around it with script blockers or by configuring your browser to delete cookies at the end of the session.

My gripe in this area is far more about the EU requiring consent in the first place. How many billions of sterile mouse clicks have they created with that stupid law?

24 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

Right, reuters, anybody use it?

try this, clear your cookies

visit https://uk.reuters.com/

you'll get this come up

A lot of daft sites have cookie consent which goes into a loop if you reply No. 

Many of them have referrals in the URL pointing back to the site you were on when you clicked. 

If they do the cookie loop thing or piss me off in some other way then I change the referral value something like 

ref_url=www.livedonkeysex.com

Should make somebody jump when it eventually appears in their traffic reports. 

10 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

the crime is having to sign off my basic human rights to read the frickin news nowadays! :Old:

10 minutes ago, Lightly Toasted said:

My gripe in this area is far more about the EU requiring consent in the first place.

can you remember when Microsoft bundled IE in with Windows 3 then they took 99% of the browser market?

The EU should have stuck up for OUR rights earlier.....Yankee CUNTS! :PissedOff:

EDIT: it's worse than that, I agree to being a 'brainwashed knob' in order to read their bloody propaganda

NOTE TO ONESELF: STOP READING THE NEWS THEN YOU DUMB FOOK

christ I'm wired today, need another bike ride and some relaxation therapy xD

Edited by 5min OCD speculator
2 hours ago, Lightly Toasted said:

Legally they're required to notify you of cookies and give you the opportunity to decline them, they're not obliged to offer access if you decline.

You can probably get around it with script blockers or by configuring your browser to delete cookies at the end of the session.

My gripe in this area is far more about the EU requiring consent in the first place. How many billions of sterile mouse clicks have they created with that stupid law?

When you add up the extra clicks, I wonder how many more mice have worn out and had to be replaced than would otherwise be the case?

3 hours ago, spunko said:

Getting angry about cookie notices it like whinging about the number of adverts in Google results nowadays...

The solution is to download AdBlock Plus and forget about it.

yeah I concur BUT it doesn't work like that anymore hence the example above

I used to use Adblock years ago but the owner sold out; I'm sure they're some corporate c**ts (sorry used that word far too much today) who sell your info to other f**kers......so then I moved over to ublock origin and some 'badger blocker' on firefox too

BUT I'm increasingly seeing more and more websites ask me to accept all their cookies, trackers and other crap they use to 'monitor your behaviour'........I'm trying to ignore them but it's limiting the amount of shite I can read on the internet :o

3 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

yeah I concur BUT it doesn't work like that anymore hence the example above

I used to use Adblock years ago but the owner sold out; I'm sure they're some corporate c**ts (sorry used that word far too much today) who sell your info to other f**kers......so then I moved over to ublock origin and some 'badger blocker' on firefox too

BUT I'm increasingly seeing more and more websites ask me to accept all their cookies, trackers and other crap they use to 'monitor your behaviour'........I'm trying to ignore them but it's limiting the amount of shite I can read on the internet :o

Have you tried manual filters? Anyway there's prebake but not sure if that's still updated. I just set manual ones.

5 hours ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

the crime is having to sign off my basic human rights to read the frickin news nowadays! :Old:

can you remember when Microsoft bundled IE in with Windows 3 then they took 99% of the browser market?

The EU should have stuck up for OUR rights earlier.....Yankee CUNTS! :PissedOff:

EDIT: it's worse than that, I agree to being a 'brainwashed knob' in order to read their bloody propaganda

NOTE TO ONESELF: STOP READING THE NEWS THEN YOU DUMB FOOK

christ I'm wired today, need another bike ride and some relaxation therapy xD

There was no windows 3 ie bundle. Windows 3 is from.

1st IE was in 95.

The cooky notice is a European law.

A large number of US sites dont bother and say - fuck off.