DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Second Lockdown: how are you preparing?

Rumours of a second lockdown seem to be growing, and the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if we get it fairly soon. It might be helpful to share how we're prepping.

I'm making sure everything in the house is working ok, eg essential appliances, getting in a few consumer durables that might become scarce.

I'm keeping the food stocks from pre-Lockdown One topped up.

I'm getting a few financial/family things done that involve visits to solicitors, accountants etc.

Planning an English holiday for the autumn but not putting any money down for it.

How about the rest of the Dosbodderers?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

stocking up on bottles, petrol, rags, & matches.  

Doing fuck all because I’ll be completely ignoring it.

Yeast, flour, rice, pasta. Beef fillet and lobster in the freezer. A wine, beer and scotch lake. Enough marijuana to put a herd of bison on its back. Some good books. Entire b

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Kilham said:

Don't worry, it's only infectious when you're not being a productive drone. Work, spend and clap, you'll be safe.

This country is becoming like some third world communist state. Hmmm. Like the one who set this virus upon the world. Done a bloody good job so far of converting the Rotw. 

They wont do another national lockdown.

The first one was designed to piss everybody off so they would sell their fellow countrymen down the river during the subsequent 3 years of local lockdowns.

That was always the gameplan. 

And sell out their countrymen they have because "im alright jack"

"First they came for the people of Leicester and i didnt speak out"

"Just sat and said "oh well serves em right bloody foreign sweatshops" etc etc 

You got local lockdown measures up the ass until 2023.

Edited by WorkingPoor
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

Rumours of a second lockdown seem to be growing, and the way things are going it wouldn't surprise me if we get it fairly soon. It might be helpful to share how we're prepping.

I'm making sure everything in the house is working ok, eg essential appliances, getting in a few consumer durables that might become scarce.

I'm keeping the food stocks from pre-Lockdown One topped up.

I'm getting a few financial/family things done that involve visits to solicitors, accountants etc.

Planning an English holiday for the autumn but not putting any money down for it.

How about the rest of the Dosbodderers?

The local quay, which is normally fully booked as a winter hard stand for boats has loads of capacity this winter and ins advertising storage - this is unheard of. Last winter the lockdown buggered people putting their boats in the water for spring/summer, so I think quite a few people aren't lifting their boats out this winter in case.

Edited by Hopeful
24 minutes ago, Chewing Grass said:

Gently building my stocks up, learned a few lessons from last time, oatcakes were one example as they go horribly soft near their best before date which can be quite short.

Try recooking them, on a tray, in the oven.

Better yet, just buy lots of oatmeal, butter, make sure you've some bicarb & salt, and make 'em fresh during lockdown.

1 minute ago, Hopeful said:

The local quay, which is normally fully booked as a winter hard stand for biats has loads of capacity this winter and ins advertising storage - this is unheard of. Last winter the lockdown buggered people putting their boats in the water for spring/summer, so I think quite a few people aren't lifting their boats out this winter in case.

My old boy isn't.  But it's more because he usually has it in from March to October, but they weren't allowed to launch/crane in until late July, so he's hoping for some nice winter days.