Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Real people


Recommended Posts

Jeff Stelling recently "thought about" sticking by his mates who got fucked off by Sky, but in the end he didn't..

Morrissey took a load of flak in recent years for not having government sanctioned opinions, however Johnny Marr was still happy to sing Smiths songs at Glastonbury.

Rosanne Barr dared to air some unfavorable views (we used to call the opinions) not so long ago and yet all the people who made their names on her show were more than happy to throw her under the bus.

 

We are living in the age of the shithouse. Can't see it ending well.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, lid said:

Jeff Stelling recently "thought about" sticking by his mates who got fucked off by Sky, but in the end he didn't..

Morrissey took a load of flak in recent years for not having government sanctioned opinions, however Johnny Marr was still happy to sing Smiths songs at Glastonbury.

Rosanne Barr dared to air some unfavorable views (we used to call the opinions) not so long ago and yet all the people who made their names on her show were more than happy to throw her under the bus.

 

We are living in the age of the shithouse. Can't see it ending well.

 

 

 

 

 

Have you just noticed?

xD

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeff Stelling hasn't done fuck all else except a failed stint on Countdown. It'd be nice to imagine in his shoes you'd be principled and stand down, but you'd probably have to give up that six/seven figure salary and pension, and the chances of you finding a new job at his 'age' are slim. Plus he's a bit boring/vacuous anyway and limited to sports stuff.

I saw a recent article in the DM about the bloke who plays Ian Beale wanting to 'move on' from Eastenders despite doing it for 20 years and being paid £200k annually to do so. He reckons he can be a 'serious' actor. Why would you give that up? You're completely typecast now, and not even that great an actor, and unless you want to retire, I'd carry on thank you very much.

If being paid to do my media job means not tweeting my leftfield opinions or having to watch what I say, then so be it. It's all very well to be egged on by journalists into 'resigning out of principle' but let's see them take some fucking initiative and stop toeing the line. Let's see them starting to report things out of principle such as: why the fuck are we in lockdown/why is there so much Muz child rape/whatever.

Journalists and media luvvies are happy to criticise others but rarely put themselves in the firing line.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, spunko said:

Jeff Stelling hasn't done fuck all else except a failed stint on Countdown. It'd be nice to imagine in his shoes you'd be principled and stand down, but you'd probably have to give up that six/seven figure salary and pension, and the chances of you finding a new job at his 'age' are slim. Plus he's a bit boring/vacuous anyway and limited to sports stuff.

Do NOT diss Jeff Stelling in my earshot you cunt - he is Hartlepool royalty...!

My football team were days away from being wound up, but Jeff convinced local businessman Raj Singh to buy the club - and Jeff put a six-figure sum of his own money into the pot to seal the deal.

Hartlepool United would not exist today had Stelling not been involved in the deal...

 

XYY

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ashestoashes said:

if you look very closely at the edge of the avatar it's made of little squares

Speaking of shapes, why do round pizzas come in square boxes and are eaten as triangles?

Covering all angles?

Just now, The XYY Man said:

I had a bet with myself that some cunt would come up with a quip like that...!

And sure enough, some cunt did...

 

XYY

Not just any cunt, an M&S cunt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, spunko said:

Jeff Stelling hasn't done fuck all else except a failed stint on Countdown. It'd be nice to imagine in his shoes you'd be principled and stand down, but you'd probably have to give up that six/seven figure salary and pension, and the chances of you finding a new job at his 'age' are slim. Plus he's a bit boring/vacuous anyway and limited to sports stuff.

I saw a recent article in the DM about the bloke who plays Ian Beale wanting to 'move on' from Eastenders despite doing it for 20 years and being paid £200k annually to do so. He reckons he can be a 'serious' actor. Why would you give that up? You're completely typecast now, and not even that great an actor, and unless you want to retire, I'd carry on thank you very much.

If being paid to do my media job means not tweeting my leftfield opinions or having to watch what I say, then so be it. It's all very well to be egged on by journalists into 'resigning out of principle' but let's see them take some fucking initiative and stop toeing the line. Let's see them starting to report things out of principle such as: why the fuck are we in lockdown/why is there so much Muz child rape/whatever.

Journalists and media luvvies are happy to criticise others but rarely put themselves in the firing line.

Ian Beale? 20 years? Try 35.

Soaps are a great gig if you can get one, avoid alcoholism and avoid thinking that winning 'best supporting actress' at the TV quick awards means you can get Hollywood work. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Ian Beale? 20 years? Try 35.

Soaps are a great gig if you can get one, avoid alcoholism and avoid thinking that winning 'best supporting actress' at the TV quick awards means you can get Hollywood work. 

I can sort of understand how Mr Woodyatt (Ian Beale) feels. I worked for the same corporate job for nearly 20 years. It was financially secure and reasonably well paid, but for about the last 15 years I had the feeling of wanting to do something else, perhaps not stuck in a rut, but a comfortable groove. In the end I started a part time business which then become full time and I no longer have that feeling. I wish Squeal Beale all the best - maybe he's thinking of becoming a lifestyle guru!

(And I bet they'll always let him back if he wants to, as people are always coming back to the Square after being missing for years, even being dead like Dirty Den is no barrier!)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

I can sort of understand how Mr Woodyatt (Ian Beale) feels. I worked for the same corporate job for nearly 20 years. It was financially secure and reasonably well paid, but for about the last 15 years I had the feeling of wanting to do something else, perhaps not stuck in a rut, but a comfortable groove. In the end I started a part time business which then become full time and I no longer have that feeling. I wish Squeal Beale all the best - maybe he's thinking of becoming a lifestyle guru!

(And I bet they'll always let him back if he wants to, as people are always coming back to the Square after being missing for years, even being dead like Dirty Den is no barrier!)

But that's a different business, a sea change altogether. Ian Beale wants to follow the starry lights to Hollywood...

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, spunko said:

f.

I saw a recent article in the DM about the bloke who plays Ian Beale wanting to 'move on' from Eastenders despite doing it for 20 years and being paid £200k annually to do so. He reckons he can be a 'serious' actor. Why would you give that up? You're completely typecast now, and not even that great an actor, and unless you want to retire, I'd carry on thank you very much.

I

More than that.  He would have had many, many tax free freebies such as theatre tickets, travel, parties, clothes, food, all which us plebs have to pay for.  For example, food on set - always there.  Imagine if your office job had paid for every lunch you had for 20 years.  How much is that!?!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, spunko said:

But that's a different business, a sea change altogether. Ian Beale wants to follow the starry lights to Hollywood...

I imagine he’s been astute and has the nice houses and pension etc so he’s  definitely at the ‘dont need the money’ stage so why keep doing it if the dosh is the only motivation?

Heck if he gets to spend a few years lounging by the pool with Hollywood hopefuls before returning with his tail between his legs then good luck to the bloke.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...