DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

The majority want immigration drastically reduced, they have for decades. So why are we ignored and what can we do?

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Pray Trump wins. This is all planned and he's the last hope for humanity. If he loses it's enslavement and one world government for everyone.

Just about every problem you and the country face is made worse by mass immigration. Why the fuck would anyone want immigration? Especially the goat shagger kind? Mass immigration is shit for wag

I lived in londonistan for years.  I am against the current type of immigration whereby it seems to be mainly uneducated, backward, illiterate, inbreds from some flyblown shithole, who will be a drain

Posted Images

The majority want immigration drastically reduced

How do you know? Just because you want it reduced doesn't necessarily mean that everyone or most people do.

I'm not really bothered about "immigration" although that doesn't mean I'm "in favour" of it. Lots of other factors affecting my life which I care far more about. 

Also I am guessing that your idea of immigration differs from mine. As far as I am concerned they don't have to be a different colour they just have to be from outside my country. Which includes Scottish/Irish/Welsh coming in. In a perfect world I would not want it to happen but that ship has sailed. We have more important stuff to worry about right now.

8 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

How do you know? Just because you want it reduced doesn't necessarily mean that everyone or most people do.

I'm not really bothered about "immigration" although that doesn't mean I'm "in favour" of it. Lots of other factors affecting my life which I care far more about. 

Also I am guessing that your idea of immigration differs from mine. As far as I am concerned they don't have to be a different colour they just have to be from outside my country. Which includes Scottish/Irish/Welsh coming in. In a perfect world I would not want it to happen but that ship has sailed. We have more important stuff to worry about right now.

Immigration doesn’t particularly bother me.  As long as these people can support themselves and don’t expect sap taxpayer to foot the bill. Sadly, there doesn’t appear to be many with the skill set to be self supporting 

21 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

The fact that we had a) a referendum on brexit in the first place b) the leavers won and c) a large tory majority on a restricted immigration ticket, gives us a pretty good idea.

I realise you are the token leftie on here but your just going to have to such this one up.

1 minute ago, goldbug9999 said:

I realise you are the token leftie on here but your just going to have to such this one up.

See that's what spoils this site, the people on a hair trigger who start on the insults as a first rather than last resort. Rational debate much? 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

however, for those who can fully support themselves, without recourse to public money and services, then I have no particular objection. 

You simply cannot effectively provide key services like health education and transport effectively when the population is increasing fast, no matter skilled/qualified/rich the immigrants are. And that is just a relative change, I also dont want an absolute change in population size - we have enough people already.  

9 minutes ago, spygirl said:

I cant think of any.

Trade agreements are about tariffs n rules.

not hard

https://www.ft.com/content/56074dda-95bd-11e9-8cfb-30c211dcd229

India’s government has made it clear that it will be in no rush to reach a trade deal with the UK without significant concessions on movement of people.

Edited by ashestoashes
9 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

not hard

India’s government has made it clear that it will be in no rush to reach a trade deal with the UK without significant concessions on movement of people.

That's not been agreed.

The flip side is movement of UK company and services into India. Quid pro.

37 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

not hard

FTAs often loosen visa requirements as well as enact WTO mode 4.. You also have to deal with visa overstayers who disappear... 

https://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/serv_e/mouvement_persons_e/mouvement_persons_e.htm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-20525842

Edited by Dave Beans
37 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

My observation that you are a leftie was intended as a genuine observation of your position, not an insult. 

Leftie aka Lefty is routinely used as a grave insult on this site as you can't possibly be unaware. 

Be that as it may, how does "not that bothered about immigration" translate into "being a holder of a left-wing political stance."

People who know me think that I am a right-wing extremist based on the English 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 flag in my garden and on couple t shirts :D

2 hours ago, haroldshand said:

https://news.sky.com/story/rise-in-net-migration-to-uk-driven-by-increase-in-non-eu-nationals-arriving-to-study-12057605 Someone please to explain to me why UK immigration

figures are up in 2020?

Before we start I don't care if you call me racist, xenophobic or bigoted, I can defend myself with good arguments but with hand on heart I really do not care. I can go back at least two decades now and am convinced that the man on the street and most people who I am in contact with have been sick to the back teeth of ever increasing immigration. I hate the fact that we are told by politicians and self proclaimed "experts" that immigration does not effect living conditions, infrastructure jobs or housing, but we all know it does. Yes there are supporters of higher and more immigration and in many cases they are white, ruthless business owners for example have loved the slave labour, I personally if I had the power would force able bodied people who have ponced for years on welfare to work or at least do the dross work that needs doing.

We also have that WOKE antifa type who would love higher immigration and the really militant black ones such as Abbott and Butler would just love to see ethnics take over the white majority, all that is for another post and another day and lets just say I dread if that day should come with certain people gaining more power. 

So elections come and go, Immigration is nearly always one of the highest topics of interest to the voter, yet year after year they are ignored as immigration just keeps rising. So what do we do?

It seems like if you want to end Poll tax, support dumb WOKE protest or force the white population to accept they are racist scum you take to the street and cause havoc and scream as loud as you can. 

What do you do about immigration when it is quite clear that politicians will never act?

Whilst I agree, the problem lies not with the "Scroungers" but with the social contract.

That is that we are told that we can better ourselves through hard work and application. We can't, its a lie.

At best we can hold our heads above water and afford the occasional luxury, or load ourselves with debt and pretend we're doing well. This is for average wage employment with two incomes.

When you get to minimum wage it just don't add up, c.£2500 joint net a month for a family is livable but nothing else, why bother? Especially when a significant proportion of that income will be spent on work expenses. 

The only tool Labour has is to withdraw itself, mass immigration means that the low paid work still gets done.

I'm sure its more complex than this

1 hour ago, One percent said:

Immigration doesn’t particularly bother me.  As long as these people can support themselves and don’t expect sap taxpayer to foot the bill. 

Immigration is all well and good as long as the people coming in benefit society.

My parents came from Ireland in the 50's. Both always worked hard, paid their taxes and raised their kids to be law abiding and pay their own way. I'm one of 5. We all 'bettered' ourselves. None of us have claimed benefits,  been criminals or a burden on society.

The same is not true of many today's refugees immigrants...

Our awakening of the scam/replacement came in a maternity ward. I was going into labour with my only child aged 38.

We were in a 4 bay unit, the other 3 bays were occupied with young Somali women already with big families. So many kids running around we felt shoved in a corner. >:(

Edited by JackieO
9 minutes ago, GBDamo said:

Whilst I agree, the problem lies not with the "Scroungers" but with the social contract.

Scroungers are just rational economic actors, like (as much as it gauls me to say it) BTLers and the immigrants themselves. The system that creates incentives for these things is the problem.

As you say the problem is lack of linearity between effort and reward. For zero effort you get x, for a fuck load of effort you get x + a little bit so why would any sane person do the latter ?.  

9 minutes ago, goldbug9999 said:

Scroungers are just rational economic actors, like (as much as it gauls me to say it) BTLers and the immigrants themselves. The system that creates incentives for these things is the problem.

As you say the problem is lack of linearity between effort and reward. For zero effort you get x, for a fuck load of effort you get x + a little bit so why would any sane person do the latter ?.  

So what you have to do is to reduce X. That means that the guy making the effort has to pay less tax to pay for X, hence the differential increases both by he reduction of X and his increased take home. And as less money is being spent on the scroungers, there is less paid by way of benefits for housing. As X is smaller there is less attraction for non productive immigrants.