DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Covid-to save the NHS or destroy it?

As per title...can't get a F2F appointment now with GP, waiting times for essential operations now tripled due to their cancellation, and I heard on R4 this morning that the government are proposing that you will have to call NHS action line to make an appointment for A&E!?...is it all a ruse to just make it so useless people will allow it to be abandoned?

36 minutes ago, MrXxxx said:

will have to call NHS action line to make an appointment for A&E!?

Oh hello, yes I've just chopped my leg off and I'm bleeding to death

Ok sir I just have some questions to ask you...

Do you have a temperature, dry cough or loss of smell?

(Followed by several hundred similar daft questions)

8 minutes ago, A tremendous # on the lung said:

Oh hello, yes I've just chopped my leg off and I'm bleeding to death

Ok sir I just have some questions to ask you...

Do you have a temperature, dry cough or loss of smell?

(Followed by several hundred similar daft questions)

Im not sure if you are joking or serious such is the recent absurdity experienced as part of the `New` normal!

The NHS for all intents and purposes doesn't exist any more. My biggest fear in the context of what's happening at the moment is what will happen if I or someone I care about needs treatment or diagnosis.

And I still don't have my shoes. And doubt I'll have them any time this year.

The destruction of the NHS will not be explicit or overt or whatever the word is....it'll be an increasing realization from everyone who can afford it that they'll have to pay private for decent medical care in most scenarios. And that's already happening.

Edited by JoeDavola

Six monthly dental appointment going ahead for me tomorrow. It's private sector though so perhaps that makes a difference? I did have to fill out an extra online form though. Do I have covid? Do I know anyone with covid? Do I believe in Covid? Are we all fucked? That sort of thing.

5 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

The NHS for all intents and purposes doesn't exist any more. My biggest fear in the context of what's happening at the moment is what will happen if I or someone I care about needs treatment or diagnosis.

And I still don't have my shoes. And doubt I'll have them any time this year.

The destruction of the NHS will not be explicit or overt or whatever the word is....it'll be an increasing realization from everyone who can afford it that they'll have to pay private for decent medical care in most scenarios. And that's already happening.

And yet they still somehow manage to convince people it is the best thing in the world and the highest achievement of Britain as a nation.

To paraphrase a famous saying, 'Don't piss on our orthopaedic shoes and tell us it's raining!'

1 hour ago, Wight Flight said:

Be interested to know how many here have private health insurance?

Probably not the worst idea going forwards.

I had it when I worked overseas, and saw the real value of having it. That said, I begrudge paying twice hence don't have it here in the UK...if they gave some sort of rebate if you opted out I would consider it though.

2 hours ago, Wight Flight said:

Be interested to know how many here have private health insurance?

Probably not the worst idea going forwards.

I don’t but several of my friends work for IT firms that have it as an employee perk. I think we’ll see more and more private companies providing it as a reason to join them. 

I had to work with a social worker this week. Nice lady. Mid thirties.

Quite far left leaning but easy to work with as she can separate her own beliefs from the job.

I recalled a post via TMT..preganant lady..family contact with CV..poorly..husband could not secure a COVID test for love nor money. Due to possible contact community mid wife nor hospital would see her without a test result and she was poorly.

I had read this article just before heading out that morning and fuming. So much so that I could not help but mention it.

To my astonishment she really let rip at the current situation..lack of many GPs direct involvement..delayed referals with requests to resend when " it is all over".

She had told me a few months ago that she had stopped clapping for the NHS and been given dirty looks from a few of her neighbours at the time.

At the moment I am of the camp that it is incompetence rather than a formulated plan to garner views. I am however, ready to change that view.

This lady should be a stalwart behind the NHS given her past views.