Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

image001-1.jpg

So positive tests are through the roof but you can't get a test for love nor money.

Hmm...

The picture above is from a deserted testing place in Guildford yesterday lunchtime.

Last week this snippet from an email was sent round...

"Government testing sites are extremely busy and that delays may be experienced in arranging tests. Government home kit deliveries have apparently been suspended.

 

We have been informed that NHS staff are no longer permitted to attend the Manchester Airport testing facility without an appointment."

Someone who works at the airport told me in the last day or so the airport testing facility is DESERTED too.

WTF is going on?

 

Edited by JackieO
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why bother with a test anyway?  If you feel ill take paracetemol and go to bed and stay home.  Surely driving miles for a test which may not be accurate (17% apparently aren't and give false +ve or -v

I don't trust a word they say.

The excitement is in tents.

Posted Images

A few weeks ago my son was to get a test done in Norn Iron.  Looked online and the nearest was over in England. So checked the next day in the morning and there were several available locally.  Booked one and turned up a bit early, you know, to join the big queue.  We were the only ones getting tested in the c20 minutes it took to do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JackieO said:

image001-1.jpg

So positive tests are through the roof but you can't get a test for love nor money.

Hmm...

The picture above is from a deserted testing place in Guildford yesterday lunchtime.

Last week this snippet from an email was sent round...

"Government testing sites are extremely busy and that delays may be experienced in arranging tests. Government home kit deliveries have apparently been suspended.

 

We have been informed that NHS staff are no longer permitted to attend the Manchester Airport testing facility without an appointment."

Someone who works at the airport told me in the last day or so the airport testing facility is DESERTED too.

WTF is going on?

 

Oktoberfest is nigh, so why not repurpose them as beer tents for a beer festival?

From what I recall from the UK, we used to be quite good at those...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, 23rdian said:

I don't trust a word they say.

Especially the WHO and anyone associated with them.

Lied from the start, had to get all the media channels to actively block any counter commentary. Run by fake doctor associated with a tyrannical regime in Ethiopia. All under the UN with their Agenda 21 shite.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, janch said:

Why bother with a test anyway?  If you feel ill take paracetemol and go to bed and stay home.  Surely driving miles for a test which may not be accurate (17% apparently aren't and give false +ve or -ve) or may not even happen is a sure fire way to make any illness you may have worse.  If you take a turn for the worse dial 999 and get an ambulance.  I'm sure when you get taken to hospital they'll do any necessary test then.

As far as I can see the whole test thing is a complete nonsense.  It doesn't happen for any other illness in this way.  What's so special about this one?

If you see a queue join it!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JackieO said:

image001-1.jpg

So positive tests are through the roof but you can't get a test for love nor money.

Hmm...

The picture above is from a deserted testing place in Guildford yesterday lunchtime.

Last week this snippet from an email was sent round...

"Government testing sites are extremely busy and that delays may be experienced in arranging tests. Government home kit deliveries have apparently been suspended.

 

We have been informed that NHS staff are no longer permitted to attend the Manchester Airport testing facility without an appointment."

Someone who works at the airport told me in the last day or so the airport testing facility is DESERTED too.

WTF is going on?

 

Guildford is too posh for CV!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, janch said:

...

As far as I can see the whole test thing is a complete nonsense.  It doesn't happen for any other illness in this way.  What's so special about this one?

Because when I give a cold or flu to someone (or catch it myself) then death is unlikely.  With this, basically, someone's dying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, janch said:

Why bother with a test anyway?  If you feel ill take paracetemol and go to bed and stay home.  Surely driving miles for a test which may not be accurate (17% apparently aren't and give false +ve or -ve) or may not even happen is a sure fire way to make any illness you may have worse.  If you take a turn for the worse dial 999 and get an ambulance.  I'm sure when you get taken to hospital they'll do any necessary test then.

As far as I can see the whole test thing is a complete nonsense.  It doesn't happen for any other illness in this way.  What's so special about this one?

Considering your likely symptomatic and are at risk spreading when accessing site to test - coupled with fact test not always accurate - then I question too.  

Bed rest, don't leave house etc unless you are very unlucky and need treatment.  Why aren't they promoting that first and foremost?

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NewryH said:

Because when I give a cold or flu to someone (or catch it myself) then death is unlikely.  With this, basically, someone's dying.

Not true at all 99% survival for most and flu is killing 10x more at the moment. Sadly what has happened has gov propaganda to convince that this is deadly, it really is not. 

Eh9wnUAXkAQ5uQp.thumb.jpeg.97194e753c5f9f9ac7b31fa163b3eaa5.jpeg

Edited by ad_ceng
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Considering your likely symptomatic and are at risk spreading when accessing site to test - coupled with fact test not always accurate - then I question too.  

Bed rest, don't leave house etc unless you are very unlucky and need treatment.  Why aren't they promoting that first and foremost?

Same as all the kids with a temperature. They should probably stay at home if they're poorly

Link to post
Share on other sites

We need tests to stop entire schools, classes and households being closed down for 14 days at a time because of the sniffles.

However since we seem obsessed with positive case numbers without context, this might be the plan to manage the numbers. More likely though it's pure "gov.uk" Kafka-esque incompetence. It's got Serco/G4S/SopraSteria written all over it. Ive not checked. One of those three?

Edited by eta-carinae
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, eta-carinae said:

We need tests to stop entire schools, classes and households being closed down for 14 days at a time because of the sniffles.

However since we seem obsessed with positive case numbers without context, this might be the plan to manage the numbers. More likely though it's pure "gov.uk" Kafka-esque incompetence. It's got Serco/G4S/SopraSteria written all over it. Ive not checked. One of those three?

I think it is a combination of incompetance, not wanting to admit mistakes, and seeing an opportunity 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...