DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Wow, this shit really IS fucked up

Mrs. Mellie is ill, potentially COVID, but maybe not. Booked a test, got a slot in Sunderland, drove all the way there but guess what... The people supposed to be doing the testing never turned up. The only people there were the press and hundreds of people who thought they were going to be getting a COVID test but obviously weren't. 

Can it really be this bad by accident? 

Edited by Roger_Mellie
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

2 deaths. 

Sounds like a contrived shitshow for the media.

There aren't enough to justify the measures they want to impose.

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Mrs. Mellie is ill, potentially COVID, but maybe not. Booked a test, got a slot in Sunderland, drove all the way there but guess what... The people supposed to be doing the testing never turned up. The only people there were the press and hundreds of people who thought they were going to be getting a COVID test but obviously weren't. 

Sounds like a contrived shitshow for the media.

1 hour ago, Roger_Mellie said:

My thoughts exactly. But why? And organised by whom? 

Political points.

Grab more funding.

Whatever hope Mrs Mellie OK, the last symptom check sheet from the NHS was downright confusing to my mind. If worried high temperature and low oxygen (with or without breathlessness) are clear signs that the body is fighting something so if you can find means of monitoring those in the meantime. 

2 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Maybe the testers had covid

Don't worry Boris will be doing 10,000 tests a day there next we, its just that you arrived a week too early...Can Mrs M not postpone it for a week?!

All I can say is fucking shambles. Sat here at a supposed drive through test site in boro. They said we need an appointment, the website is wrong it's not drive-through anymore. Pulled over to the side of the road to book an appointment, website says its too busy. It's a fucking ghost town, nobody aside from the staff here. 

2 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

In fact, we've just come to the conclusion that it's all just a data harvesting exercise. See where the hotpots for symptoms are and drive local lockdowns from that. 

Always thought they could figure it out from NHS direct calls. Or sewage...

4 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

My thoughts exactly. But why? And organised by whom? 

Here's your why.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/sep/17/health-minister-rejects-claims-two-week-national-lockdown

On Wednesday night, the director of University College London’s Institute for Global Health, Prof Anthony Costello, tweeted: “I’m hearing from a well-connected person that government now thinks, in the absence of testing, there are 38,000 infections per day.”

No testing = make up any number you want.

1 minute ago, eight said:

I can get with this as an explanation.

I can't understand why we're not reporting anything except hospital admissions and deaths. Anything else - who gives a fig?

All I can say is fucking shambles. Sat here at a supposed drive through test site in boro. 

Middlesbrough...? But you were in Sunderland earlier on...!

If your COVID 2020 tour of the North East includes Peterlee Community Hospital, then give us a shout and I'll buy you ten pints in 'Spoons with my redundancy money....

XYY

7 hours ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Was that you on the BBC news with the tats? :D

The fact that the Beeb managed to get a camera and a reporter to the Sunderland site suggests a media setup to me.

Here in Cambodia, the few suspected cases found were isolated and tested so they wouldn't mix with the general population. 

This contrasts with suspected cases in England being forced to to a regional Grand Tour of the road network, encountering media scrums, useless officials and XYY's Wetherspoons offers.

Can anyone think why England is in Covid Crisis, while we are not?

All the mistakes made right at the outset, Asia took it seriously  - border controls, don't let the infection in so it could get embedded right at the outset. 

EU nope, US nope, UK nope. Can't stop the free flow of individuals all over the place but can put the place into lockdown.

8 hours ago, onlyme said:

All the mistakes made right at the outset, Asia took it seriously  - border controls, don't let the infection in so it could get embedded right at the outset. 

EU nope, US nope, UK nope. Can't stop the free flow of individuals all over the place but can put the place into lockdown.

EOTHO wasn't right at the start. We were heading to towards zero until they crammed tens of millions into small spaces during August. The lag before infections started rising, nicely mirrors the earlier spread from Italy, etc. Has anyone in the media dared ask if EOTHO was a mistake yet?