DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The High Street Group

spygirl

The High Street Group
Investor Update
November 2021
Investor update
I would like to take the opportunity to share with you an update on the restructuring of The High Street GRP LTD and its assets.
The first stage of the restructuring was completed with the sale of some of the Group’s assets. The asset sale to Hadrian Real Estate PLC is backed by an indemnity, whilst the sale of some of the other assets have been agreed on the basis of a Joint Venture contract.
These transactions were prepared by independent Lawyers and have subsequently been reviewed by Castle Trust and our corporate advisors.
Further, there have been a substantial amount of positive discussions and meetings with the Investor Group. These discussions are ongoing and have been focused on the following; -
Board Representation for the Investor Committee on Hadrian Real Estate PLC
An increased and improved communication amongst all partners
Hadrian Real Estate PLC to share their detailed business plan to the investor committee and demonstrate how this will deliver against the indemnities
Refining the indemnity for the 7 and 3 year loan note holders, in discussion with all stakeholders including the investors committee
A strategy meeting to be held between Hadrian Real Estate PLC, The High Street Group, Castle Trust and the Investors Committee
Negotiations on the delivery of the Strawberry Place Project
Business progress discussions
Investor equity relating to existing loan note holders
There is no denying the last two years have been very challenging for the group. However, there is a business plan and strategy in place that is being shared with the investor committee that we genuinely believe will deliver a full return of the investor loan notes.
There is massive growth in the PRS sector and there has been a substantial increase in the level of institutional enquiries received recently.
The demand for a PRS development team with a track record of delivering projects is huge and Hadrian Real estate PLC have that infrastructure. (Please click on the link below)
We will shortly be issuing the details of the independent investor committee and urge you all to join and work closely with this committee. Together we are stronger.
Yours sincerely
G Forrest
Gary Forrest

stop_the_craziness

I've become almost numb to this sort of shit now.  It just seems to be the way of the world along with corrupt politicians and bought-off scientists.

Maybe it's always been this way and I just never had awareness of it before.

@spygirlit seems you have a nose for a fishy set-up.  And this one stinks to high heaven.

I presume we will get all the bullshit next of lessons being learned and protections being looked into to make sure that this will not happen again until the next lunatic con-man goes wild with other people's money and blows up the lot.

Sad times.

• Agree 3

• 3 weeks later...

Savers face £89m loss as failing property group goes to court

More than 600 DIY investors will lose their money if the group collapses

ByJessica Beard4 December 2021 • 5:00am

The life savings of hundreds of investors are on the line as a failing property firm has declared insolvency and risks collapsing in the coming weeks.

More than 600 DIY investors poured £89m into The High Street Group’s “loan notes”, also known as “mini-bonds”, on the promise of 12pc returns per year. However, they have since been blocked from redeeming their money and the company has defaulted on payments.

Directors from The High Street Group will sit in front of the High Court on Dec 16 to determine the future of the firm and whether it enters administration. But the company might have been insolvent since 2018 despite continuing to take on new investments as late as September this year, it has emerged.

Peter Murray, of Insolvency & Law, a claims firm representing a group with more than £4m invested, said previous disagreements over the accounts between former auditors and The High Street Group suggested the firm was insolvent three years ago. The company has since taken in tens of millions of pounds worth of investments.

Advertisement

Mr Murray said he had originally called for a complete liquidation but now backed a restructure on the condition that an independent administrator is appointed. It is understood that The High Street Group has put forward two administrators who had previous ties with the business. Mr Murray said these individuals would have a “conflict of interest” and may not act in the best interests of investors. A spokesman for The High Street Group said Mr Murray was acting in his own interest, attempting to charge investors 10pc for any recovered funds.

The struggling company has a net liability of £75m, owing a total of £212m while having just £136m worth of assets. However, investors have warned the firm only has £500,000 worth of fixed assets that could be easily sold.

Mr Murray said he was concerned about transfers of assets out of the company this summer. Last year, directors of the limited company, known as High Street Group Limited, set up a separate entity, High Street Group plc.

Days after this newspaper’s initial investigation in August 2021, the group was rebranded ­as Hadrian Real Estate, which bought several property development schemes from High Street Group Limited.

Advertisement

Action Fraud, a government scam prevention agency, has opened a case file with Northumbria Police’s fraud team, to probe financial misconduct.

Mr Murray said: “Assets were sold off right under investors’ noses. The biggest risk now is that investors lose 100pc. The company needs a thorough investigation.”

A new “investor committee”, backing The High Street Group’s management, has written to more than 600 creditors urging them to support an administration. There is little value in the company, so investors would be unlikely to be refunded from a liquidation and sale of the assets, it said.

Carla Thimble*, 40, who invested £90,000 and is now owed £105,000 with interest, said she had doubts in the intentions of the investor committee. “We saw a lot of our assets being sold in the summer and got nothing for it so far. It’s like being told that at 3pm someone will go to your house and take your possessions and move them to another known location but there’s nothing you can do,” she said.

The High Street Group said: “The directors of HSG have been working on a robust recovery plan that could see 100pc of investor funds paid. Details of this plan have been shared with an investor committee representing in excess of 600 investors

https://www.business-live.co.uk/commercial-property/administration-only-way-forward-developers-22448900?utm_source=mantis_rec&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=more_like_this

He added: “I’m not going to sit here and say we haven’t made mistakes on this journey. I’ve openly admitted that mistakes have been made, as in any business. We grew too big, too fast. We went, in a three or four-year window, to becoming the largest PRS developer in the UK, with £1.3bn worth of projects under development. We had a valuation of the business at one point of £930m, pre-Covid.

“There is an argument of: did we have enough cash reserves to manage an instance like Covid hitting? Obviously we didn’t. We didn’t expect all the early redemptions we had. Did we have enough cash reserves? Possibly not.

“There’s an abundance of mistakes being made but one of our biggest mistakes was communication. Communication is easy when things are going well. People communicate badly when things aren’t going too well, whether it’s business, sport, relationships, whatever it is. When something’s not good, people don’t know how to communicate bad news. And we were bad at it, we didn’t know how to do it.”

Kaboom

Hadrian's Tower developer High Street Group is placed in administration

The company applied for administration, saying that it was necessary for a rescue plan

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/news/north-east-news/hadrians-tower-developer-high-street-22486436?fbclid=IwAR0lMpJ4CpzdvYUoZ8c9bCj_iHxzcjMAuf2WNvOFlWIUmTycwkZPRgdO7UM

Now the fun starts.

• Informative 1

• 1 month later...

Well, after 2 months of zilch posts on FB, the administrator has gone away with the books and come back with a very very small figure.

Dire.

We are no enter9ng the writing to your MP and FSA stage.

But its properdee ....

HousePriceMania
2 hours ago, spygirl said:

Well, after 2 months of zilch posts on FB, the administrator has gone away with the books and come back with a very very small figure.

Dire.

We are no enter9ng the writing to your MP and FSA stage.

But its properdee ....

I like your posts on these corrupt (IMHO) companies, it's good to see someone cares what they are doing.

Do you ever get the feeling though that being a lying cheating thief in a suit is the only way to get ahead in this world ?

• Agree 3
  • Cheers 1

• 2 weeks later...

FB pages are getting the creditor reps together, to provide input and whatnot.

Post brief bios for a couple of proposals.

Names left out.

xxxxx:
Professor of mechanical and manufacturing engineering (PhD) to support the team by bringing 27 years of experience in planning, strategy making, analysis, team work, project management and industry contract negotiation skills to the team.

xxxx:
A vastly experienced and proven Entrepreneur and Executive, with a demonstrable track record of achievement having successfully operated in Category, Purchasing and Sales Director roles within manufacturing and retail organisations. A commercially astute professional and inspirational business leader, with a proven ability to restructure under-performing businesses, enter new markets, successfully motivate large teams and ultimately exceed expectations. Chair of governors at xxxx Primary school near xxxx.

So, these arent grannies.

Why in fuck could they not work out it was a Ponzi?
It took me literally a few minutes, just reading the blurb and he figures.

They are high functioning idiots.

Or a bit crooked, expecting to get out before SHTF

On 06/11/2021 at 20:30, spygirl said:

I'm curious to know the full amount ripped off individuals.

50m does not sound enough for their building work, which might be why contractors have been downing tools.

It's a massive fuvkup and should gave halted years before my first post.

Developer High Street Group went down owing £212m

https://www.constructionenquirer.com/2022/02/21/developer-high-street-group-went-down-owing-212m/?fbclid=IwAR2UZWBUQLEZLN2xzBe_5Cvjucd3WwC2XbRG90GkehywxwbSAVGCShE0I6M

Scamming investors.

Scamming contractors.

Scamming HMRC.

I wonder why no one is mentioning the fact that all assets have been moved to “One Collection limited” including Hadrians tower they are so well known for and his put it into his eldest daughters name hmmmmmm 

• Informative 1

On 22/02/2022 at 00:00, Kaitlyn said:

I wonder why no one is mentioning the fact that all assets have been moved to “One Collection limited” including Hadrians tower they are so well known for and his put it into his eldest daughters name hmmmmmm 

Tried to move the assets....

They are easily moved back by the administer/courts.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12878826/officerss

This will end up in court.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/natalie-ellis-a9630219b

16 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Tried to move the assets....

They are easily moved back by the administer/courts.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/12878826/officerss

This will end up in court.

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/natalie-ellis-a9630219b

He just needs to pay the right MPs and he will walk away minted. Visavi Philip Green BHS. 

Pay the right people you can kill, steal and rape your way to success..  we are a massively corrupt country.

18 minutes ago, macca said:

He just needs to pay the right MPs and he will walk away minted. Visavi Philip Green BHS. 

Pay the right people you can kill, steal and rape your way to success..  we are a massively corrupt country.

MPs have no control over the courts, which is why clawing money out of Green cuntweasel was tortuous.

Equally, you cannot pay people to get away with serious crimes.

Business and investment tends to be subjective. 

Good luck proving any crime in investing in an unregulated investment.

• Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 06/11/2021 at 20:30, spygirl said:

I'm curious to know the full amount ripped off individuals.

50m does not sound enough for their building work, which might be why contractors have been downing tools.

It's a massive fuvkup and should gave halted years before my first post.

~124m of investors money

https://insolvencyandlaw.co.uk/download/Merged-Proposals-GRP.pdf

• 1 month later...

OK, update.

Still counting the debt.

Huge number of scammers trying to extra ween more money from the 'investors' who put money into HSG.

Im a member of the FB group. I tend to get 1 or 2 scammers a week, inviting me to send money to get it back...

Anyhow, with that in mind, some people have being getting emails from the ex CEO.

ther FB posters are saying - Its a scam!

I dont think it is, theres no asking for money.

Heres the email thats being going out, see what you think - 

High Street Group Creditors and Investors Update

High Street Group Creditors and Investors Update
I can confirm that, as reported in the recent article, I am personal friends with both Peter Murray (Insolvency and Law) and Sanjay Swarup (SKSI). They have both successfully liquidated some of my previous companies, which is why I have recommended and shared your data with them to ensure creditors appoint the right liquidators who are familiar with my businesses. I can also confirm we have funded the promotion in recommending both SKSI and Insolvency and Law. I can put your mind at ease and am happy to let you know that these guys will be working towards the best interests for all of us. To make sure we all come out of this process as winners.
We are currently under investigation with allegations that this liquidation was foreseen as we offered interest rates of upwards of 15%, as well as paying agencies for introducing clients to our investments.
In hindsight, I should have borrowed funds from the Banks, with a much lower interest payment or even used bridging for the developments but I wanted to give the public an opportunity to benefit from our projects.
I would like to take this opportunity to ask for you to not contribute to any investigation, as this can result in more personal distress and have unsettled my family during our Easter weekend.
The past twelve months have proven unprecedented in every walk of life and has impacted every area of business and economics, not least the property sector. The knock-on effects of having to abruptly alter our business practices to account for a global pandemic as well as our formal removal from the European Union, has had a detrimental effect on our cash flow as such we regret to inform you that we now are in imminent liquidation.
Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic that we all find ourselves in the midst of, our ability to sustain and grow the company has been thwarted, despite our best efforts. With a large amount of company funds wrapped up in an un-operational project coupled with the fact that we have lost a significant amount of forecasted funding as we are no longer in a position to advertise investments with us being unregulated by the FCA. This has dramatically reduced our ability to generate capital in order to credit clients with their impending interest payments, let alone the principle bond values upon future maturity dates. This has been further compounded with several in house redundancies, as well as the furlough of several staff members and outsourced partners.
I hope you understand my personal wealth is no longer in a position to provide security in regards to our bonds and investments and thus all investments held with us are no longer regulated, rendering them extremely insecure at the point of us going into liquidation.
I recommend that you do not talk to the police or the government appointed liquidators as this results in more asset seizures of mine and further delays in the liquidation process.
We are completely aware as to how impactful this sudden turn of events could prove to be, therefore advise all creditors to keep quiet and remain patient.
If you have any questions please feel free to email and reply to my personal email and I will ensure I will get back to you personally.
Best regards,
  • Informative 1

GF is a total fucking moron.

Id hazard a guess that HSG was trading insolvent waay before Covid.

In fact, it was probably bust within a year being set up.

Hes in deep shit as hes been party to scamming naïve investors out of their money.

Hes also been paying off certain investors, which will land him in deep shit.

• 3 weeks later...

Spygirl you did amazing job keeping up with all the updates!!! Years of absolutely unbelievable facts being shared and every so often it feels like we just keep hitting a wall! Administrators are a joke - clearly closely monitored by High street gang. So glad more and more people are sharing about assets being moved and now it has also been confirmed that Hadrian Real Estate didn’t even pay for them! I mean how long will this go on for… 

• Agree 1

• 5 months later...
On 28/12/2020 at 20:51, mary mason NE1 said:

SPYGIRL YOU REALLY DO LEAD A SAD AND DESPERATE LIFE ON HERE AND ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT MUCH GOING ON IS THEIR YOU RIDCULOUS OLD SHREW 

Hows it going Gary?

Fraud squad asked you in yet?

• 3 months later...