DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The High Street Group

spygirl

Funny how you stumble on stuff.

ITV news - NE is lockdown....

Here we have Gary Forrest who has (cant remember if it was a big number or large number of property) in Newcastle.

Not heard of them. Quick Google.

https://thehighstreetgroup.com/about-us/meet-the-team/

Over a 100 years .... where they add up 50 people with 2 years...

Ahh someone else is kicking tyres.

https://safeorscam.net/the-high-street-group/

We are not suggesting there is anything wrong with The High Street Group, its associated companies or the investments.  They may in fact turn out to be the first investment group we have ever reviewed that could be given a “Safe” endorsement rather than “Scam”, however our experience of similar multiple bonds issued one after another is that the income from the newest bonds is often spent on paying up the old bonds, thereby creating the illusion that the old bonds delivered on their promises and that the company knows how to generate high returns from its assets.  The reality is that this is often far from the truth, but the illusion works very well because each new bond issuance raises more money than the last.

When the new money stops rolling in the ponzi scheme collapses.  The more complex the company structure, the more difficult it is to see exactly what has been going on.  Just to be clear – we’re referring to other companies and not The High Street Group when we describe this scenario.

Thus far our investigation has revealed an impressive 78 companies in The High Street Group structure and a lot of bonds that have been issued one after another, of which a number of the earlier ones have been paid up.

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/columnists/backtrack/backtrack/17376472.gary-forrest-man-behind-newcastles-tallest-building/

THIS is the story of Gary Forrest, chairman of a group of companies recently valued at £1.2bn and manager of West Auckland football club, going OK but worth a few bob less.

“We’re now aiming at £3bn by 2022,” he says, and it shouldn’t be a column, it should be a book.

He’s 50, left school at 16 – “GCSEs? Two, I think” – began working life on a job creation scheme helping lay footpaths at Jubilee Park in Spennymoor.

“In those days you didn’t just sit around on community schemes playing computer games all day,” he recalls.

Yes they did. It was 1985 ffs.

Hes building a sky scraper! Got to be legit.

Now he flies the world first class, dizzy heights for a lad with two GCSEs. The average Northern League football ground may be supposed closer to economy

What did he co between laying footpaths on a YTS at 16 and building skyscrapers? Thsts a bit of a CV hole.

“They gave me a psychometric test and it literally went off the paper. They asked if I had the ambition to own a Porsche and I said that if I had a Porsche I’d want a Ferrari and if I had a Ferrari I’d want a Lamborghini.

As I arrive he’s on the phone, “Rothschild” and “mobilising equity” mentioned in the same sentence. He’s casually dressed, welcoming, wholly affable despite that the Northern League management committee once hauled him in (as he puts it) for persistently becoming a bit too excitable while at Shildon.

“My wife calls me a robot, says I have no emotions,” he says. “Maybe I only have emotions in football.”

His memory’s impressive – “I missed my wife’s 30th birthday because of football, we were playing Spennymoor” – his mental capacity hindered by a brain disorder which means he’s unable to see pictures in his mind.

“If someone asked me to describe Mike Amos, I couldn’t do it. I couldn’t picture Nicola (his long-time PA) except that she has black hair.

“It’s why I don’t read books, except biographies, because I can’t form pictures in my mind. You don’t have that problem with emails.”

Mensa material...

https://companycheck.co.uk/director/916877670/MR-GARY-RONALD-FORREST/summary

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where GARY holds a current appointment equals £19.8k, a combined total current assets value of £30.6m with a total current liabilities of £35.1m and a total current net worth of £-3.7m. Roles associated with Mr Gary Ronald Forrest within the recorded businesses include: Director

How does this maths thing work, Gaz? Add one, carry 5, borrow 2, multiply by 10... fuckme hes a trillionaire!

The oldest company dates back to 2012.

https://bondreview.co.uk/2020/05/21/scam-introducer-at-the-heart-of-mirror-investigation-promoting-high-street-group/

Edited by spygirl

Hes obviously hired a PR.

Barely appears in the court pages until a few years ago.

Now moody piccy, dreaming of billions, casual dress down day - The only limits are your dreams *

* - And daft pensioners money.

https://netimesmagazine.co.uk/editorial/10-questions-gary-forrest/#:~:text=Gary Forrest is the founder,and property investment and development.

linkyin:

About

Previously operated at Director level within GMAC RFC, and now the Chairman of The High Street Group, recently valued at over £1 billion.

Driven by the desire to build for the future and an insatiable appetite for entrepreneurial spirit and integrity, The High Street Group is proud to have become the award winning body of companies it is today.

Founded by myself in 2006, The High Street Group is a family of companies successfully growing in three key sectors; Private Rental Schemes, Property Development & Construction, and Hospitality.

A combination of our passion, financial strength, and far-reaching relationships has allowed us to expand from Newcastle upon Tyne to Birmingham, London, Dubai, Malaysia, and Singapore, with over 350 employees now operating in the UK alone.

With flagship projects like Newcastle’s tallest skyscraper, a portfolio of exclusive residential developments, and a collection of recognisable hospitality brands, our significant growth and business expertise will secure our vision to become a £3 billion business within three years.

As part of the Gruup, High Street Residential (now the largest Build to Rent company in the UK) boasts a pipeline in excess of £1.5 billion in strategically identified areas across the UK, with ambitions to develop communities and homes where people love to live. We are trusted by renowned institutions such as Invesco, Grainger and Cording Real Estate.

The Group has recently acquired First Penthouse and we are planning our first projects on rooftops in London, and we are excited by the opportunities presented by this purchase.

Operating at a 'director level' .... ah yes ....

I had to google GMAC RFC

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/143968-gmac-rfc-closing-down-mortgage-operations-in-uk/

Hi

GMAC RFC announced on 29 Sept 2008 that all their sales force are to be made redundant by the end of the year! - and not currently writing any new business in UK.

Anyone had a GMAC mortgage which has been sold to another lender? - and what your experience was of the transfer?

GMAC had sold a tranche of mortages to Bradford & Bingley - and we know what happened to them!

Made redundant. or hailed?

Phew - sold its book to Bradford n Bingley - lucky mortgage holders ...

GMAC was the finance of General Motors selling junk high risk mortgages in the UK - these are not sub prime as theres no such thing in the UK. These were people noone else would do business with.

Fined and banned out of existence, even before GFC.

Heres his CV:

Chairman

The High Street Group

Jan 2009 – Present11 years 9 months

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom

The High Street Group of Compnies continues to go from strength to strength. Our range of investments and companies now include:

Development/Construction- All saints living is the groups development arm with developments including the £20,000,000 Larbert house, Stirling.
£6,000,000 Belmont, Durham city
£5,000,000 walled gardens, Gosforth
£3,000,000 Morar house,
£2,000,000 Hexham
Our pipeline of new housing developments is in excess of £60,000,000 for 2018 and 2019.

We have completed our first two PRS institutional sales to Grainger Trust for £31,000,000 in Milton Keynes and Cording for £35,000,000 in Warrington.
We have pipeline projects in several cities including
Newcastle
Birmingham
Salford
Warrington
Leeds
Total GDV on our PRS schemes is in excess of £1 billion.
This includes the construction of Newcastle’s tallest building Hadrian’s tower.

The group has recently launched its hotel arm,
An exclusive block of Execulets in Harrogate was our first project followed by the launch of hotel 52 in Whitley bay and Stanley, Co Durham, Sea hotel South Shields, hotel 52 Spennymoor and Hotel 52 Washington
Penthouse Execulets in Whitehaven and Harrogate

All saints construction was launched to deliver the construction projects and growing at a rapid rate.
Turnover within the All saints construction arm of the company will exceed £30,000,000 in 2018

The group posted a profit of £26 million for 2017

Show less

Managing Director

guardian

Jan 2008 – Sep 20091 year 9 months

Director of High Street homeloans

GMAC-RFC

Feb 2003 – Sep 2007 4 years 8 months

Having launched High Street homeloans as a sub prime mortgage broker the business evolved into a lender before being acquired by GMAC-RFC, i stayed with the company for a further 5 years delivering substantial growth during this period.
In 2006 High street homeloans completed on £800,000,000 of mortgages and with 76 staff made a divisional profit of £12,000,000. The company was on track to break the £1 billion of lending barrier in 2007 until the credit crunch.

He claims to have left school in 1986. Theres a large gap between school before being a 'director of GMAC.

Whatever money GMAC 'made'  it appears to have been fined 10x more.

GMAC - a mortgage lender even worse than Northern rock ...

The High Street Groups was inc in 2011, not 2009.

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07831810

Its accounts are long overdue.

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/07831810-high-street-grp-limited

Just look at that asset v liabilties chart.

No wonder accounts are overdue.

Leaving school at 16 in 1986 and has two GCSEs? Which didn't begin to be awarded til 1988?

Sloppy journalism? He's got an impressive memory so how has he misremembered his qualifications?

Also - the oldest trick in the book - namedropping as the journalist arrives to make you seen connected (although Rothschild, lol - journalist should have asked him if he was a QAnon).

Interesting bloke.

1 minute ago, Heart's Ease said:

Leaving school at 16 in 1986 and has two GCSEs? Which didn't begin to be awarded til 1988?

Sloppy journalism? He's got an impressive memory so how has he misremembered his qualifications?

Also - the oldest trick in the book - namedropping as the journalist arrives to make you seen connected (although Rothschild, lol - journalist should have asked him if he was a QAnon).

Interesting bloke.

hehe, ringing and talking to the talking clock isnt really a business call.

arseholes all. esp journo.

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, Heart's Ease said:

Interesting bloke.

Hold on, just on the phone to Rothschild.

Yes, I'd like to bifurcated my equity, and put 30% in stocks, 30% in shares, 30% in property and 30% in bitcoins. Got that? Good.

Hold on, Dicky Bransons called. Yes I'd like 2 seats for Virgin Galatic. 200k? Make that 4 seats.

Now, where were we......

• Lol 2

He was born Oct 86. Hed have left school in 1985.

Then theres a big gap from 85ish to 2000.

He mentions being Allied Dunbar youngest salesman...

Hes gone from selling scam endowments, to scam mortgages, to scam bonds.

4 hours ago, spygirl said:

He was born Oct 86. Hed have left school in 1985.

Then theres a big gap from 85ish to 2000.

He mentions being Allied Dunbar youngest salesman...

Hes gone from selling scam endowments, to scam mortgages, to scam bonds.

Says HMP on his CV for that period.

3 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Not sure how that involves me seeing I have no connection with Shildon or Darlington, but nice to know you still love me...

XYY

the chinese will always rub you sir. Hows the NE lockdown, i hear they are building a wall around the whole of the NE like in that documentary film escape from new york, with one eyed jack.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, leonardratso said:

the chinese will always rub you sir. Hows the NE lockdown, i hear they are building a wall around the whole of the NE like in that documentary film escape from new york, with one eyed jack.

Behind schedule, Escape from New York was supposed to take place in 1997.

When they come to write the history of our times, 2000ish to 2020ish will be down as one huge Ponzi scheme, where everyone thought their wealth was real.  What's worse is that when everyone's wealth disappears they'll blame it on Coronavirus and will spend years trying to repeat the same tricks that made the invented wealth in the first place.  It'll take years before the two decade period will be seen for what it is -- a financial industry scam.

• Agree 7

1 minute ago, dgul said:

When they come to write the history of our times, 2000ish to 2020ish will be down as one huge Ponzi scheme, where everyone thought their wealth was real.  What's worse is that when everyone's wealth disappears they'll blame it on Coronavirus and will spend years trying to repeat the same tricks that made the invented wealth in the first place.  It'll take years before the two decade period will be seen for what it is -- a financial industry scam.

Finsec jobs are still disappearing at a rapid clip.

That's one leg gone.

MMR removes the never ending leverage from 2000 to 2011ish.

The loss n lack of jobs also feedback into MMR.

I've said it on varios threads - theres a number of Southern towns  I'd love to see the actual employment rates and earnings of the today's under 45s.

Number of house transactions are lurching down n down. Once the average age of an OO hits 60 then its game over.

4 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Not sure how that involves me seeing I have no connection with Shildon or Darlington, but nice to know you still love me...

XYY

NE lower league football.

15 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Nice to see you Lenny, you cunt.

No need to call me sir though. Call me Snake....

XYY

snake piss-skin it is.

• Lol 1

https://p2pindependentforum.com/thread/14892/loan-street-group-farrbury-capital

Google

high street group loan note

https://bondreview.co.uk/2020/05/21/scam-introducer-at-the-heart-of-mirror-investigation-promoting-high-street-group/

High Street Commercial Finance Limited (the company issuing the bonds) is 8 months overdue with its December 2018 accounts. Although failure to file accounts on time is a criminal offence, no action has been taken against the company or its directors that is in the public domain.

Starting in April 2019, readers reported that High Street Group was trying to avoid repaying their investments in cash when they fell due, by offering to pay them in High Street Group shares instead.

Due to its failure to file legally-required accounts, how much investor money is at risk in High Street Group is not known. In December 2017 High Street Commercial Finance owed £37.5 million to loan investors, but it’s anyone’s guess how much that is now after two and a half years of hard work by Stoimenov, Conway and co.

Sorry Bob-it looks like the coffers are dry at least until new investors can be “persuaded” to subscribe and this is becoming more and more difficult. The recent rumour that work has stopped on the Westminster Works (“WW”) site in Birmingham is true! United Living which was working for HSG on this site is no longer working for them and are referring all enquiries to HSG. HSG has said that due to Covid (ha,ha) they are in talks with contractors i.e. they have no money to pay them. So far I have not had a detailed response from Fortwell Capital (“FC”). FC is funding the WW development (up to £31.1 million on the basis of 75% of Gross Development Value (“GDV”). There is clearly a problem! I am guessing but I believe that the project is over budget and FC wish to see more funds injected by HSG before it will continue with its funding arrangements. This is not unusual. My guess would be that FC has been pushing HSG to inject funds for some time. FC may continue to be patient and wait hoping that HSG will be in a position to inject further funds in the near future OR it could exercise its security and take possession of the development and find a way to complete it itself. Time will tell!

If FC exercises its security and takes control of the site any equity that HSG may have had in this site will almost certainly be completely lost.

If the numbers stack up there might just be a small possibility that HSG could persuade a “vulture” investor to take a look and help provide the additional finance needed to enable FC to continue with its funding agreement. However, I would imagine that HSG has already tried to do this and has failed.

https://bondreview.co.uk/2019/10/23/high-street-group-attempts-total-shutdown-of-bond-review-oh-and-its-late-filing-accounts-again/

Here I’m making an exception because The High Street Group has attempted to have Bond Review completely shut down on the basis of me being a “repeat infringer”.

My supposed status as a “repeat infringer” is based on the fact that I have used company logos and director images in my reviews under the “fair dealing” principle (known as “fair use” in some jurisdictions). Regular readers will know that occasionally I respond to complaints over my fair dealing usage by removing the images and replacing them with my own artist’s impressions, as a courtesy only.

My take on this would be just to include links.