DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The High Street Group

spygirl

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had contact from Gary Forrest and been told to contact TLW solicitors to claim their money back from the banks? Apparently checks should have been undertaken by the banks as to where the money was going to???

Yes hes spoke to my dad he said he has told others the same. I'll be ringing him tomorrow sounds dodgy 3 to 4 years to get the money back from High Street or go with these solicitors 30 per cent! Now my view is why should my dad have to pay anything to get his own money back.

Jo Porter what you should be asking yourself is,why woukd Gary Forrest,the man behind HSG suggest you use a particular firm of solicitors?

Yes that's what I said!

From Gary Forrest???????

If we can approve it is a fraud the bank will refund under PPI or CRM scheme

But we need a police reference number first

How is the Bank going to do that, they will say it's your money. My bank questioned me about it in the first place and held it until they said it was a large number of people who'd deposited money into the Lloyds Black horse account where it all went so it looked coshia. So it was my choice to continue with the deal so they released it. I'm pretty sure that's what everyone else's banks will say

Lorraine Dyus apparently he said to my dad the bank should have checked where the money was going not to a middleman. That suggests to me he's saying he doesn't have the money.

Jo Porter what if the Banks say different? I'm just trying to see how you'd argue that one with them that's all. Be interesting to see their response

What exactly has GF said?

Satinder Singh Jalf just what I have posted

Im going to ring him tomorrow and see what he has to say my father is elderly and is struggling with all of this

Jo Porter OK, please let me know, I'll try and help. We should all try to help each other.

Jo Porter it’s got to be worth following up, let us all know how it goes.

You don't need a solicitor to get your money back from our banks. The funny thing is by GF recommending we get our money from banks points to fraud or being mislead. If we can prove this it should not be too difficult to get our money back from our banks.

1 hour ago, spygirl said:

Has anyone had contact from Gary Forrest and been told to contact TLW solicitors to claim their money back from the banks? Apparently checks should have been undertaken by the banks as to where the money was going to???

Yes hes spoke to my dad he said he has told others the same. I'll be ringing him tomorrow sounds dodgy 3 to 4 years to get the money back from High Street or go with these solicitors 30 per cent! Now my view is why should my dad have to pay anything to get his own money back.

Jo Porter what you should be asking yourself is,why woukd Gary Forrest,the man behind HSG suggest you use a particular firm of solicitors?

Yes that's what I said!

From Gary Forrest???????

If we can approve it is a fraud the bank will refund under PPI or CRM scheme

But we need a police reference number first

How is the Bank going to do that, they will say it's your money. My bank questioned me about it in the first place and held it until they said it was a large number of people who'd deposited money into the Lloyds Black horse account where it all went so it looked coshia. So it was my choice to continue with the deal so they released it. I'm pretty sure that's what everyone else's banks will say

Lorraine Dyus apparently he said to my dad the bank should have checked where the money was going not to a middleman. That suggests to me he's saying he doesn't have the money.

Jo Porter what if the Banks say different? I'm just trying to see how you'd argue that one with them that's all. Be interesting to see their response

What exactly has GF said?

Satinder Singh Jalf just what I have posted

Im going to ring him tomorrow and see what he has to say my father is elderly and is struggling with all of this

Jo Porter OK, please let me know, I'll try and help. We should all try to help each other.

Jo Porter it’s got to be worth following up, let us all know how it goes.

You don't need a solicitor to get your money back from our banks. The funny thing is by GF recommending we get our money from banks points to fraud or being mislead. If we can prove this it should not be too difficult to get our money back from our banks.

Something I have never really got my head around. Maybe it's just selective reporting but it always seems to be these naïve "retail investors" who put their entire 200k life savings in one and only one random specific company. 

I think surely if they had this mix of greed + being a retarded sucker they would have been burned multiple times in their 20s/30s/40s etc with smaller amounts and either got street smart or already lost all their money. If they've built it up in savings accounts and ISAs, was this odd little scam man just that convincing and charismatic that they went straight from zero risk to high risk with all their wealth?

It does make me laugh though that even after they've been conned, the scam legal firms turn up to bend them over and roger them again. Commercial radio has a few of these adverts for 'misold Investments', I guess It's one rather effective way of homing in on a gullible demographic.

On 17/03/2023 at 08:43, JohnnyB said:

Something I have never really got my head around. Maybe it's just selective reporting but it always seems to be these naïve "retail investors" who put their entire 200k life savings in one and only one random specific company. 

I think surely if they had this mix of greed + being a retarded sucker they would have been burned multiple times in their 20s/30s/40s etc with smaller amounts and either got street smart or already lost all their money. If they've built it up in savings accounts and ISAs, was this odd little scam man just that convincing and charismatic that they went straight from zero risk to high risk with all their wealth?

It does make me laugh though that even after they've been conned, the scam legal firms turn up to bend them over and roger them again. Commercial radio has a few of these adverts for 'misold Investments', I guess It's one rather effective way of homing in on a gullible demographic.

I dont know but I'd guess that these are pension freedom lump sum- 100k-300k.

The sale of the bonds will have been illegal in most case.

Unregulated investment are for sophisticated investors only.

These were not.

• 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I can’t believe i just came across this thread. Wow.

im still in shock of how little we know, I have been keeping my eye out on trustpilot reviews and news articles from business live and it’s all shambles. 

from High Street group and high street hospitality to hAdrian Real Estate, one collection group, then one management services, all saints and so many more it’s absolutely incredible what people can pull off. From what I’ve seen on companies house and read from others is that all the companies still taking the money in the north east are now owned by Gibraltar company, which is, obviously, owned by Gary Forrest’s daughter and a friend. 

there also seems to be a call to action for tynemouth authorities in terms of their bars and restaurants on the strip trying to claim his sidekick aka Richard Knox is a criminal who shouldn’t be running these businesses (and to be fair, he doesn’t, it’s in his wife’s name) as they’ve just opened yet another venue. 

other than that, it seems sadly the dust has completely settled - they are just cracking on expanding and living their best lives (other than poor Gary who’s now bankrupt so he’s daughter will have to send money) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/02/2024 at 21:50, Kaya Mel said:

I can’t believe i just came across this thread. Wow.

im still in shock of how little we know, I have been keeping my eye out on trustpilot reviews and news articles from business live and it’s all shambles. 

from High Street group and high street hospitality to hAdrian Real Estate, one collection group, then one management services, all saints and so many more it’s absolutely incredible what people can pull off. From what I’ve seen on companies house and read from others is that all the companies still taking the money in the north east are now owned by Gibraltar company, which is, obviously, owned by Gary Forrest’s daughter and a friend. 

there also seems to be a call to action for tynemouth authorities in terms of their bars and restaurants on the strip trying to claim his sidekick aka Richard Knox is a criminal who shouldn’t be running these businesses (and to be fair, he doesn’t, it’s in his wife’s name) as they’ve just opened yet another venue. 

other than that, it seems sadly the dust has completely settled - they are just cracking on expanding and living their best lives (other than poor Gary who’s now bankrupt so he’s daughter will have to send money) 

If you are a bond holder all I can suggest is checking your sales document and suing the person /IFA/whatever sho recommend HSG.

Make a claim against their PI.

Garys new bankruptcy has started - 

https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/4558072

Scam co is in trouble - 

https://www.business-live.co.uk/commercial-property/high-street-group-administrators-raise-28478086

Insolvency experts handling the affairs of collapsed property developer High Street Group have cast doubts over the future of a related company with obligations to out-of-pocket investors.

Joint administrators for the firm, which was placed into administration in 2021 owing more than £123m to private investors, say they are worried about the stability of Hadrian Real Estate plc - a company that assumed control of key High Street Group assets following its collapse, including partially-complete projects. A new report from insolvency experts at Insolve Plus and SKSi highlights "concerns" about the financial position of Hadrian, which has indemnity obligations to High Street Group loan note holders, many of whom are private individuals who lost savings in the demise of the property developer.

The documents also reveal that no Statement of Affairs has been provided by High Street Group founder Gary Forrest, despite it being requested in 2022 by administrators who at the time had only received limited access to incomplete financial records. Mr Forrest, who was declared bankrupt in October last year, could risk a fine for the offence.

Meanwhile, forensic accountants are under way with painstaking work to analyse thousands of bank transactions. Investigators are looking at 12,300 such transactions including the movement of assets and inter-company funds to establish a picture of what went on in the company. Administrators say that while they are working with unnamed authorities on the investigation they cannot comment on any action those authorities might have taken or plan to take.

An earlier Co her set up - 

https://www.mortgagestrategy.co.uk/news/hmrc-seeks-to-wind-up-credit-issues/

Marcus Taylor 2nd June 2010 at 5:57 pm

Not surprised, Gary Forrest who was/still is chairman of this group is a crook and an undischarged bankrupt.

Another - 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/opinion/money-opinion/p-s-investigates/credit-no-issues-yes-534778

Last month, Credit Issues, based in Gateshead and chaired by Gary Forrest, went into a voluntary arrangement. In short, it's run out of cash. But Forrest, 41, isn't a director, was made bankrupt last August and the biggest shareholder is his wife Hazel.