DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Are you ready for the "Circuit Breaker"

We have squashed the peak of the sombrero...now the Supreme Leader says we have to deal with the second hump of the dromedary.........

Shut the frickin pubs.

Coronavirus: Tighter national rules considered by government

New England-wide measures which could see hospitality businesses forced to shut are being considered by the UK government to try to slow a second surge of coronavirus cases.

A short period of national rules- a "circuit break" of a few weeks - could be announced in the next week, BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said.

Schools and most workplaces would be kept open during those weeks.

But no final decisions have yet been reached on the next course of action.

At a meeting on Wednesday night, the government's chief scientific adviser and medical officer predicted another serious outbreak of the disease.

They forecast that there would be a significant number of deaths by the end of October if there were no further interventions.

The possible measures being discussed include asking some hospitality businesses to close, or limiting the opening hours of some pubs and restaurants nationwide.

The virus is now understood to be doubling every seven to eight days, with more than 3,300 new cases reported on Thursday.

Options for ministers

Under the so called "circuit break", restrictions could be reintroduced in some public spaces nationwide for a period of a few weeks, but schools and workplaces would be kept open.

One of the ideas suggested by the government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) is that some parts of the hospitality sector could be asked to close.

No 10 is also considering the possibility of limiting the opening hours of pubs and restaurants across the country, as has already happened in some areas.

It is not yet clear what impact this week's new rule banning social gatherings of more than six people will have on the rate of increase, and No 10 is continuing to monitor the data and take scientific advice.

But it seems increasingly likely that within the next week, the prime minister will tighten the national rules again, our correspondent said.

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How long can they pull this panic shit, with a virus so bad, that you have to have a government test to find out if you are ill?

Are there still people out there think this has anything to do with health ?  What is the end game here. 

I see “data driven” incompetence and nothing else. concentrating on the wrong question gives the wrong answer. Cases are being used as the metric but the data is so fucked it’s almost meaningless

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, WorkingPoor said:

We have squashed the peak of the sombrero...now the Supreme Leader says we have to deal with the second hump of the dromedary.........

Shut the frickin pubs.

Coronavirus: Tighter national rules considered by government

New England-wide measures which could see hospitality businesses forced to shut are being considered by the UK government to try to slow a second surge of coronavirus cases.

A short period of national rules- a "circuit break" of a few weeks - could be announced in the next week, BBC political editor Laura Kuenssberg said.

Schools and most workplaces would be kept open during those weeks.

But no final decisions have yet been reached on the next course of action.

At a meeting on Wednesday night, the government's chief scientific adviser and medical officer predicted another serious outbreak of the disease.

They forecast that there would be a significant number of deaths by the end of October if there were no further interventions.

The possible measures being discussed include asking some hospitality businesses to close, or limiting the opening hours of some pubs and restaurants nationwide.

The virus is now understood to be doubling every seven to eight days, with more than 3,300 new cases reported on Thursday.

Options for ministers

Under the so called "circuit break", restrictions could be reintroduced in some public spaces nationwide for a period of a few weeks, but schools and workplaces would be kept open.

One of the ideas suggested by the government's Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies (Sage) is that some parts of the hospitality sector could be asked to close.

No 10 is also considering the possibility of limiting the opening hours of pubs and restaurants across the country, as has already happened in some areas.

It is not yet clear what impact this week's new rule banning social gatherings of more than six people will have on the rate of increase, and No 10 is continuing to monitor the data and take scientific advice.

But it seems increasingly likely that within the next week, the prime minister will tighten the national rules again, our correspondent said.

Riots soon I think. 

2 hours ago, Mental Floss said:

I see “data driven” incompetence and nothing else.

concentrating on the wrong question gives the wrong answer. Cases are being used as the metric but the data is so fucked it’s almost meaningless.

It’s 4th industrial revolutionists at work. Can’t see beyond the data and thus fail. Data scientists are the new “engineers”. They have appropriated a title without any of the discipline required. They aren’t any more “scientists” than I am. Plausible looking results on flashy dashboards are now what drives decision making...

Test provision being an awesome example. Assume all people are rational and will not act in their selfish best interest. No doubt their models predicted that if only symptomatic folk presented they could manage. They then incentivised negative results with an effective pass back into “normal” life short circuiting the isolation requirements... Fucking morons.

I don't think the criticism should just be levelled at those with the Data Scientist title, but a large percentage of the back office staff for big companies these days is an "analyst" of some sort who play around with numbers they don't understand using an Excel spreadsheet to put a linear trend line on pretty much everything.

Most of my working life has been spent making the case within businesses as to why their metrics are poorly thought out and why their data landscape cannot provide them with meaningful enough data to adequately monitor those metrics in any event. It is a fool's errand to be fair - I don't know why I keep doing it to myself.

To be a director in a big firm these days, you can get by by looking through the endless graphs and packs that are spewed out and looking for inevitable discrepancies in the data (from the plethora of "analysts") so that you can whip your cock out, say why are we getting different stories from different datasets and therefore completely avoid the point that there is a problem out there that needs to be resolved. Rinse and repeat.

You are right Mental Floss, this is exactly the same as what happens in any business. The metric (number of cases) is meaningless and its method of calculation is flawed and confounded by other variables, not least the number of tests conducted.

6 hours ago, Popuplights said:

Riots soon I think. 

Rioting makes no difference sadly. It needs to be targeted know where a politician lives burn their house down senior police officer same. Do not destroy businesses but elements of the state police stations council offices etc. 

The only way we are getting out of this is making the politicians scared of us again. 

Sadly the courts are not unlike in the USA going to provide the output I fear 

5 hours ago, ccc said:

Are there still people out there think this has anything to do with health ? 

What is the end game here. O.o

Control, for its own sake.

When you have all the money, all the corporate clout, all the hot and cold running poontang you could ever desire, all the yachts, expensive cars and luxurious homes staffed by those ready to cater to your every need, all that remains to attain is control of others and the life-extension techniques to do it forever.

Edited by Conniption
coffee kicked in
18 minutes ago, Conniption said:

Control, for its own sake.

When you have all the money, all the corporate clout, all the hot and cold running poontang you could ever desire, all the yachts, expensive cars and luxurious homes staffed by those ready to cater to your every need, all that remains to attain is control of others and the life-extension techniques to do it forever.

Until the revolution. 

That only arrives after our bellies are empty and we have nothing to lose. Bread and circuses keep us happy and allow us to grumble to our hearts content.

What I'm witnessing at ground level is an increasing number of people smelling bullshit on all this.  But, the vast majority of people (whether believing this shit or not) are scared to make a stand.  They will simply comply for fear of things going down the shitter for them personally (I'm talking loss of job primarily here), although I suspect many are also scared of becoming isolated from their social group if they are seen to be a 'rebel'.  Some will only be prepared to do something when it's too late and their jobs are screwed, airlines screwed etc.  I do fear the worst here, people are so totally complacent now and just love being told what to do and what to think.

I am well aware of any government's love of social control and would not rule that out as a motive. 

With my tin foil hat on though I do wonder if we are literally being locked down for our own safety. Safety against something other than the virus. 

No kids at school = no school shootings 

No crowded music events = no concert bombings 

Etc.

2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I am well aware of any government's love of social control and would not rule that out as a motive. 

With my tin foil hat on though I do wonder if we are literally being locked down for our own safety. Safety against something other than the virus. 

Etc.

That was my theory too. 

2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Etc.

Report to Q immediately for your next conspiracy.

1 minute ago, MrPin said:

Report to Q immediately for your next conspiracy.

Latest Q drop says new first rule of Q don't mention Q. Then the bastards can't turn off your account. You know what that Spunko guy is like, you'll be shadowbanned before you can say "Qanon" 

Oh shit I went and said it 

11 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Etc.

Closed pubs, covered faces etc. are very muslamic friendly. I've made this point here repeatedly. Also who knows what is going on in mostly muslim areas whilst they are "curfewed"? They can act without any external scrutiny.

3 hours ago, ccc said:

I don't think it's just data.

Every day they are seeing the data that shows hospitalisations and deaths are rock bottom. I don't believe for a second all of our governments are only full of people so stupid they can't look at those basic numbers and say "Hang on a minute here...."

More to it imo

Months ago the figures justifying state intervention were of those who had died of Corona. Then it became 'with Corona' then it became 'within x months of testing positive for Corona' and now it's just figures of who supposedly has Corona (which can happen without the person even having symptoms) but they don't seem to have proper testing anyway, so how do they know?

It's bizarre.

How long can they keep it going?
Is it being co-ordinated and if so why, and by whom?

Edited by Austin Allegro
54 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Etc.

Yes I wondered about this. A forced societal change to make Islamist crime (and other crime) harder to commit by severely restricting the rights of innocent people. Possibly they have decided it is the only way forward if we are going to have globalist open borders/race replacement etc.

It's hard to believe but when Peel introducted the Metropolitan Police in 1829 some people voiced similar concerns about curtailment of freedom in order to benefit the moneyed class, etc.

2 minutes ago, Austin Allegro said:

Yes I wondered about this. A forced societal change to make Islamist crime (and other 

When I wrote that I was thinking more of protecting against deep state retaliatory false flags than garden variety nutters. 

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

Interesting, could you expand on that theory?

Can't know the truth obviously but it's a fairly common theory on the anon boards. 

Good guys: "we're gunna drain the swamp. You cartel of corrupt pedos are fucked" 

Bad guys: "Back off or we'll kill civilians. We've got viruses, old soviet nerve gas, and MS-13"

Lockdown and removal of crowds would be a realistic counter to such threats.