DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As I've mentioned before, they seem to WANT to lock things down whether they need to or not. Knowing the reason why they want to lock things down again is anyone's guess.

What utter bollocks! My town has gone into lockdown. If they do this because 60 people per 100,000 test positive then we are not coming out of lockdown until May next year. It will make no differ

Ban-uary Febru-worry   XYY    

10 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

Looking like the second countrywide lockdown is going to start when the schools break up for half-term. This time they are saying two weeks, but remember the first lockdown was only supposed to be three weeks.

Not sure it will be a total lockdown like last time. I expect them to keep the cash tils ringing and the tax incoming, apart from the high risk super spreader stuff, schools, universities, pubs, clubs, gyms. I do hope it wont be such a draconian lockdown. I doubt it will as it will cost another furlough bung and can the UK afford it? Something adopted by wales and the north ie county wide lockdown might be a less bitter pill to swallow and more likely IMO. As we saw last time it takes 2 months for the lockdown to take effect so it would be that long IMO. I can see a nationwide curfew. Phew commie state here we come.

Edited by Green Devil
4 minutes ago, Green Devil said:

Not sure it will be a total lockdown like last time.

We are going into Winter, even with a mild lockdown they will not lower the infection rate. The result will be a constant knee-jerk tightening of the restrictions until everything is shut again.

6 minutes ago, OurDayWillCome said:

We are going into Winter, even with a mild lockdown they will not lower the infection rate. The result will be a constant knee-jerk tightening of the restrictions until everything is shut again.

Now we can understand the deafening silence on what's been happening in Australia. I think we can expect something similar here, going on for many, many months.

2 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

What utter bollocks!

My town has gone into lockdown. If they do this because 60 people per 100,000 test positive then we are not coming out of lockdown until May next year. It will make no difference at all, what a complete shower of shit!

Are you going to adhere to it though? probably not...

59 minutes ago, Bkkandrew said:

Oktoberfest starts today. Big beer festival starts at 2pm. 50 ales on tap Are you suggesting that this is cause for "lock up your daughters" or something?

I am going to try 12 hours on the lash. Lest see if the Covid can cope with that!

You really need to sort out Dosbods Island, the UK is not the place to be looking for our little parcel of utopia.

Glancing at the Mail homepage right now virtually all the top articles are doom and gloom the UK is shutting down again. Not going to be good for Greggs and Wetherspoons. Will the British go back online and spend shutdown buying, buying, buying knickers from Boohoo and hair trimmers from Amazon?

Looks like the shutdown is here. Now.

Luidcrous story time. I got talking to a lady yesterday in Swansea who was waiting for her son to come visit her. He was coming from Rhondda Cynon Taff that was due to be locked down within a few hours. But he thought he would come see his Mum first. Lovely gesture of course but great that the virus is patient enough to not spread before certain times.

Today he is no longer allowed to visit his Mum. He can travel for work but he cannot visit his Mum.

Whilst I was chatting with her he turned up.

If the lockdown idea is being discussed it will be come in next week. Politically if they wait those in the media and opposition will throw back why didn’t happen sooner, gov’ dithering  etc.

Anyway a few weeks ago the view I heard from friends, and colleagues, media was we were over the pandemic children going back to school, economy getting going again and eat out to help out a tremendous success. Now it’s like oops time to shut everything down and people searching the country for covid tests. It’s unbelievable!

5 hours ago, Ash4781b said:

If the lockdown idea is being discussed it will be come in next week. Politically if they wait those in the media and opposition will throw back why didn’t happen sooner, gov’ dithering  etc.

Anyway a few weeks ago the view I heard from friends, and colleagues, media was we were over the pandemic children going back to school, economy getting going again and eat out to help out a tremendous success. Now it’s like oops time to shut everything down and people searching the country for covid tests. It’s unbelievable!

Back in August, when I heard Boris describe how the country was opening up and the staged plans of how it would do so, and how we'd all enjoy Christmas, I thought you're having a larf Boris.

Edited by Hopeful
31 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Just got back from my local Tesco Extra.

Decent dents already being made into pasta, rice, eggs and flour...

Oh fucking hell not a-fucking-gain. I've still got my dried stuff from last time but eggs were a problem.