DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Happy times in this bad era

I've had a rough week dealing with all sorts but a nice weekend has just sorted it out. Tales of upbeat news around us despite the crap being forced upon us are welcome all the time, but especially now to keep our spirits up.

Friday - met parents over from Lancashire and had a walk to the Tees Barrage, final top up of the tan of the year. Glorious autumn weather, warm t-shirt weather in the sun, fleece needed later.

Saturday - a trip out to Chadwick's in Maltby. Three course course meal with wine and espresso martini to finish. 

119937163_10158997088324783_7057923140557454610_o.jpg

14 minutes ago, Stuey said:

I've had a rough week dealing with all sorts but a nice weekend has just sorted it out. Tales of upbeat news around us despite the crap being forced upon us are welcome all the time, but especially now to keep our spirits up.

Friday - met parents over from Lancashire and had a walk to the Tees Barrage, final top up of the tan of the year. Glorious autumn weather, warm t-shirt weather in the sun, fleece needed later.

Saturday - a trip out to Chadwick's in Maltby. Three course course meal with wine and espresso martini to finish. 

Nice. I am hoping that is the starter.

12 minutes ago, One percent said:

Living anywhere but Teesside I would guess.  o.O

runs away.  xD

Only moved here two years ago but feel at home already. The first year I couldn't understand people, not because of the accent, but the more rough and tumble approach compared to the northwest.

Next week is a three day week so I might join the hundreds of thousands we're told are thronging across some bridge in Whitby xD

27 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to eat food without taking a photograph of it :ph34r:.

14 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Only moved here two years ago but feel at home already. The first year I couldn't understand people, not because of the accent, but the more rough and tumble approach compared to the northwest.

Next week is a three day week so I might join the hundreds of thousands we're told are thronging across some bridge in Whitby xD

Fuck off.  xD

1 minute ago, Stuey said:

Is that the village you have been describing elsewhere on these esteemed forums. 

No, it’s what the germ ridden mouth breathers need to do, rather than coming over here spreading their mucky viruses.  o.O

not been out today but yesterday, the town was eerily quiet. Like it was in the lockdown level of quiet.  

22 hours ago, Option5 said:

Contrary to popular belief, it is possible to eat food without taking a photograph of it :ph34r:.

Fair's fair mind Oppy. I'd have taken a photo too if I'd ordered a Sunday roast - and was instead served with a large porky scratching spattered with snot, runny dog shit and privet leaves...

XYY

On 19/09/2020 at 09:57, Stuey said:

I was out for some work in one of the darker parts of Africa, and the only convenient accommodation was a very upmarket, but remote game lodge. Flew in, dropped bags off at the lodge and headed off into the bush for work. Came back after a strenuous day to be presented with a meal like the above. Tasted nice, gone in 2 seconds, but needed calories and volume, so we got the chef to cook up a mountain of chips and made chip butties washed down with beer and many £200 bottles of wine (one of the cheapest on the list).  Glad it was all on expenses.

Edited by Captain Cavey