DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

"An iron fist in a velvet glove"

Well.....it should now be quite apparent to all who doubted what i have been saying over the last 7 months, that the only way out of this is mass protest. 

You can now expect a £10,000 fine for failing to engage with G4S / SERCO employees masquarading as "NHS Test & Trace" (from 28 sept)

Hancock on the telly this morning, "follow the rules or more stringent enforcement coming" 

Make no mistake this is going to run till 2023.

"Covid Tokens" coming next (copying singapore model

Like weight watchers you will be given points to spend on social interactions (rationed per week) 

Covid token

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-54206824

Edited by WorkingPoor
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

World Leader Solutions to the Second Wave Donald Trump ‘Bad, the Chinese virus from China is bad, very bad. Our response has been good, very good, excellent, best in the world, none better. So w

It's never been so obvious that the state sees me as something it owns, like cattle. Yet another reason to treat it with the contempt it deserves, and legally minimize tax if you can. I was

Good job I’ve got no intention of having a test then, or to provide my real name and phone number when I visit the pub.

It will also be illegal for anyone to ignore Test and Trace instructions to self-isolate after coming into contact with someone who is infected with the disease.

----this means you do exactly as G4S & Serco ugg ugg's tell you, backed up by criminal sanctions. 

How does "mortgaged man" feel about that? 

You all thought i was exaggerating didn't you? 

It was obvious it was going to come down to iron discipline, just people thought they were gonna "muddle thru" and "it would all be over by xmas" xD

Edited by WorkingPoor

I listened to Douglas Murray talking with Joe Rogan on YT this morning. At one point Murray brought up the story of the greengrocer by Vaclav Havel in his The Power of the Powerless.

Havel uses the example of a greengrocer who displays in his shop the sign Workers of the world, unite!. Since failure to display the sign could be seen as disloyalty, he displays it and the sign becomes not a symbol of his enthusiasm for the regime, but a symbol of both his submission to it and humiliation by it.

Havel returns repeatedly to this motif to show the contradictions between the "intentions of life" and the "intentions of systems", i.e. between the individual and the state, in a totalitarian society.

An individual living within such a system must live a lie, to hide that which he truly believes and desires, and to do that which he must do to be left in peace and to survive. This is comparable to the classical tale of "The Emperor's New Clothes."

...they must live within a lie. They need not accept the lie. It is enough for them to have accepted their life with it and in it. For by this very fact, individuals confirm the system, fulfill the system, make the system, are the system.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Power_of_the_Powerless

"The Power of the Powerless" - Vaclav Havel

https://hac.bard.edu/amor-mundi/the-power-of-the-powerless-vaclav-havel-2011-12-23

4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I listened to Douglas Murray talking with Joe Rogan on YT this morning. At one point Murray brought up the story of the greengrocer by Vaclav Havel in his The Power of the Powerless.

https://hac.bard.edu/amor-mundi/the-power-of-the-powerless-vaclav-havel-2011-12-23

From the article, “to refuse to give power to empty slogans and meaningless rituals, “

They were probably thinking of mask wearing and the psychobabble trotted out ad nauseum,

“We need to do all we can to control the spread of this virus, to prevent the most vulnerable people from becoming infected, and to protect the NHS and save lives.”

16 minutes ago, ccc said:

Wait - do people actually put their real names on these pub notice boards and fill in the UK arrival forms that you don't actually have to fill in ? 

:ph34r:

xD

I had heard from you and others that UK arrival forms were not checked so I wondered whether to bother or not. In the end I did fill it in as I could tick the exempt box anyway. As you predicted though nobody was interested. 

Pub's a difficult one. To start with I just said it's optional so no thanks. Now they are having another go round enforcing it I feel so embarrassed for the poor little slavey they always lumber with the task. Hardly feel capable of looking her in the eye and telling her I'm Michael Mouse 10001 Hollywood Boulevard therefore wasting her time. Maybe I need to toughen up 👯 🙀 🐻 

Sounds like pub will be back off the menu shortly if another lockdown so problem solved. 

16 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I had heard from you and others that UK arrival forms were not checked so I wondered whether to bother or not. In the end I did fill it in as I could tick the exempt box anyway. As you predicted though nobody was interested. 

Pub's a difficult one. To start with I just said it's optional so no thanks. Now they are having another go round enforcing it I feel so embarrassed for the poor little slavey they always lumber with the task. Hardly feel capable of looking her in the eye and telling her I'm Michael Mouse 10001 Hollywood Boulevard therefore wasting her time. Maybe I need to toughen up 👯 🙀 🐻 

Sounds like pub will be back off the menu shortly if another lockdown so problem solved. 

I recently saw on the Facebook page of a local pub; they had introduced table service, but we’re only taking orders once the customer had completed the track and trace form, and received a call back to check that the number was genuine. 

I also overheard a convo in my local where a barmaid was telling the landlord that a slip of paper with just Name and Mobile was not sufficient. She said he needed address / email address too, “as someone could just give a false telephone number “. Landlord told her they could give a false email address too.

I had to restrain myself from joining in and telling her that the job of the pub was just to collect the information (actually it’s to see beer), not to police the rules.

Time to dig out an old mobile with an unregistered SIM card methinks.

1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I've been living like that greengrocer for as long as I can remember, certainly from early childhood. Looking as if I'm doing one thing, but doing something different, keeping my cards close to my chest has been the only way to survive or rather, do as I want.

Edited by Hopeful
8 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I've been living like that greengrocer for as long as I can remember, certainly from early childhood. Looking as if I'm doing one thing, but doing something different, keeping my cards close to my chest has been the only way to survive or rather, do as I want.

It is not healthy though. The greengrocer becomes resentful and bitter. If Valcav wrote it today he probably would include something about the health negatives of living like that.

56 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

I had heard from you and others that UK arrival forms were not checked so I wondered whether to bother or not. In the end I did fill it in as I could tick the exempt box anyway. As you predicted though nobody was interested

There is no need to do it before you pass through. If they do ask you then you can fill one in there and then. It's a maximum £100 fine for not providing the info. It's nothing to do with having it ready when you pass through. 

If you read the actual details it also clearly states you will only potentially be refused entry to the UK if you are not a UK or Irish citizen. So you could walk up - state your not going to provide the info - hand over £100 - provide your passport then wander through saying cheerio. The rules are very clear. 

2 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

And if you are a a Asymptomatic ? I was reading that the football manager Neil Warnock tester positive but was still doing zoom calls to the team for match day. So still working and not even off sick!

6 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

Make no mistake this is going to run till 2023.

Why would it run till 2023? Mass vaccination happens first half of 2021, R drops below 1 permanently due to lack of susceptible hosts, sustained community spread of Covid-19 no longer possible, other control measures no longer required.