DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

I'm making a Universal Credit Claim

19 minutes ago, No One said:

Hello all

Since I got laid off at the end of July, with my final payment in August, I've applied to 100's of jobs to no avail.

So I'm joining the lines of the 3 Gallon ASDA cider drinking, and fag rolling scroungers.

I'm a bit unsure how I have to get UC online and not in a job centre, so I've started this thread to share my experience and to ask for advice.

Pisser I’m hoping to get over 2k a month out of the fuckers ps aready been told child benifit will take 3 months or longer due to my complicated claim ffs

Edited by stokiescum
5 minutes ago, spunko said:

Serious question - have you tried for any public sector jobs? I believe these are the only employers currently. You may be able to, err, fake some of the references easily too, if you have a family member at the council.

No I haven't, alas I have no public sector family members.

Wouldn't say no though. 

5 minutes ago, stokiescum said:

Pisser I’m hoping to get over 2k a month out of the fuckers ps aready been told child benifit will take 3 months or longer due to my complicated claim ffs

Wait what? How, I can only appy for job seekers and the rent

1 minute ago, No One said:

Wouldn't say no though.

Have a look - you may find something you are interested in., seriously There's a building conservation officer job going at the local council here, only £30k odd where the private sector pays double that almost, but hey at least it's a job. Probably one for life if you want it to be.

I'm not qualified enough on paper for it but I'm sure it's a piece of piss.

2 minutes ago, No One said:

Wouldn't say no though. 

Wait what? How, I can only appy for job seekers and the rent

I’m pissed off I can’t have the fuckers for houseing benifit and I’m not going after job seekers either .

1 minute ago, Frank Hovis said:

As I've mentioned I always queue up for my free money when I start looking for jobs.

This is your money that you've paid in that you're claiming back; take it - I do.

Have it.

This webste is excellent if you want a steer:

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

It's good, but it's also incredibly depressing if you switch the genders round and add in a bit of fibromyalgia. :CryBaby:

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

Have a look - you may find something you are interested in., seriously There's a building conservation officer job going at the local council here, only £30k odd where the private sector pays double that almost, but hey at least it's a job. Probably one for life if you want it to be.

I'm not qualified enough on paper for it but I'm sure it's a piece of piss.

That's not something I've considered to be fair. All my life has been engineering contractor, and I'm gettign a bit sick of the precarious lifestyle

3 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

As I've mentioned I always queue up for my free money when I start looking for jobs.

This is your money that you've paid in that you're claiming back; take it - I do.

Have it.

This webste is excellent if you want a steer:

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/

It’s good but there is a better one I just don’t know it’s name

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

It's good, but it's also incredibly depressing if you switch the genders round and add in a bit of fibromyalgia. :CryBaby:

The x got north of 2800 I’m not fucking kidding

That's not something I've considered to be fair. All my life has been engineering contractor, and I'm gettign a bit sick of the precarious lifestyle

If you've got a unique name then I'd recommend Googling yourself and seeing what comes up. It's never too late to sign up for a temp/burner Twitter account in your FirstNameLastName and fire off a few woke tweets about diversity.

All my life has been engineering contractor, and I'm gettign a bit sick of the precarious lifestyle

Done 20 years contracting and 20 years staff and it has always been quicker and easier to get a contract job than a staff one.

Plus, when times are hard private sector companies do not want to recruit staff.

However the public sector can get very creative with jobs if they are instructed to.

Maybe I could go for a public sector job, but they are probably SJWs that only want diversity candidates. Wouldn't hurt to try though.

A job for life would be great

1 minute ago, 201p said:

^Well I was going to say - start making a social media account, with some woke posts. Make sure you start doing some charity things. 

Oh and you're now a Remainer and anti-Trump.

:Jumping:orange man bad

>you're hired

37 minutes ago, No One said:

Hello all

Since I got laid off at the end of July, with my final payment in August, I've applied to 100's of jobs to no avail.

So I'm joining the lines of the 3 Gallon ASDA cider drinking, and fag rolling scroungers.

I'm a bit unsure how I have to get UC online and not in a job centre, so I've started this thread to share my experience and to ask for advice.

Apply for contribution JSA first then UC 

Both online 

JSA based on last 2 years national insurance contributions 

JSA agreement piece of piss 

UC is means tested so depends on family circumstances, rent and capital, savings over £16k no UC 

UC claimant commitment much stricter 

Get outs being sick or a carer 

If need need to know anything else PM me 

2 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Both online 

UC is means tested so depends on family circumstances, rent and capital, savings over £16k no UC 

I got told the first thing is child benifit mind he will aready be geting that he has a huge head start lol

3 minutes ago, Malthus said:

Both online 

How do I apply for contributors JSA, I thought it was phased out

How do I apply for contributors JSA, I thought it was phased out

Apply online 

It was income related JSA that was replaced by UC 

It’s now called new style CB JSA , still open to new claimants but does not cover housing costs which are done through UC which despite the name is not a universal benefit 😜