Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

The Talented Mr Whitty


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Hopeful

    16

  • spygirl

    5

  • eight

    5

  • onlyme

    5

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Experts" are going to be the downfall of the human race. Mark my words. 

Interesting divisions within the room. Those on the right of the photograph will be thrown under a bus shortly and blamed, whereas bizarrely those on the left will turn out almost unscathed. In a

My engineering experience which I am taking across to this is there comes a point when you need to shoot the expert and just get on with it. They are never happy and will focus narrowly on the issue a

Posted Images

Hopeful

This is the problem,

None in that photgraph in positions of power will feel they have sufficient knowledge of the subject to be anything but inferior and led by Whitty.

Boris, Matt and Dom do not have the background to be able to question what is a biological issue and so they cannot challenge advice, they can only listen and nod.

Boris Johnson: Classics

Mat Hancock: Philosophy, Politics and Economics

Dominic Cummings:  Ancient and Modern History

And Witty will probably have little knowledge of what's needed to run an economy, although he has an OU Diploma in economics and an MBA in business administration

Whitty: BA in Physiology, DSc medical science, BM Bch in Medicine, DTM&H in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, MSc in Epidemiology, LLM  in Medical Law, MBA in Business Administration, Dip Econ. 

Possibly a  case of the blind leading the blind. A recipe for disaster.

Although arguably, on paper, Whitty looks to be the best qualified to lead among those I can identify in that photograph.

Edited by Hopeful
  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopeful
13 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

Whitty: 'If you 2 cunts don't get your act together soon, you'll be out of a job by christmas'

Yep, Whitty looks frustrated

Matt Hancock just looks gormless, it's just all beyond him

Dom just looks like either a kid fascinated learning a new subject or a naive adult looking at a muff for the first time.

Boris at least looks like he's trying to understand

Edited by Hopeful
  • Agree 2
  • Lol 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopeful
3 minutes ago, ccc said:

"Experts" are going to be the downfall of the human race. Mark my words. :Old:

 

Bloody Newton, if it wasn't for experts like him we could all upfall

  • Lol 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
The Idiocrat

That setting reminds me of 19th century war paintings. 

"Planning the Charge of the Light Brigade"... 

 

EicB1amXkAEcHBV.png

Edited by The Idiocrat
  • Agree 3
  • Lol 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Green Devil
33 minutes ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

Whitty: 'If you 2 cunts don't get your act together soon, you'll be out of a job by christmas'

I thought you couldnt catch it again if youd already had it Whitty :Jumping::wanker:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Bricks & Mortar
2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

Although arguably, on paper, Whitty looks to be the best qualified to lead among those I can identify in that photograph.

On paper, he has zero votes.  That's the qualification you need to lead.   
Decently qualified as an advisor, I guess.

  • Agree 1
  • Lol 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ashestoashes
2 hours ago, Hopeful said:

Yep, Whitty looks frustrated

Matt Hancock just looks gormless, it's just all beyond him

Dom just looks like either a kid fascinated learning a new subject or a naive adult looking at a muff for the first time.

Boris at least looks like he's trying to understand

thought that was his TV look, but seems permanent

need to poach the Swedish guy to tell them what to do

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
A tremendous # on the lung
15 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

need to poach the Swedish guy to tell them what to do

Sven Goran Eriksson? Not again

  • Lol 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
swiss_democracy_for_all
19 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

thought that was his TV look, but seems permanent

need to poach the Swedish guy to tell them what to do

Agreed, but for the Swedish approach the UK population would also have to rapidly absorb the concept of having some personal responsibility and not acting like children. 

  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hopeful said:

This is the problem,

None in that photgraph in positions of power will feel they have sufficient knowledge of the subject to be anything but inferior and led by Whitty.

Boris, Matt and Dom do not have the background to be able to question what is a biological issue and so they cannot challenge advice, they can only listen and nod.

Boris Johnson: Classics

Mat Hancock: Philosophy, Politics and Economics

Dominic Cummings:  Ancient and Modern History

And Witty will probably have little knowledge of what's needed to run an economy, although he has an OU Diploma in economics and an MBA in business administration

Whitty: BA in Physiology, DSc medical science, BM Bch in Medicine, DTM&H in Tropical Medicine and Hygiene, MSc in Epidemiology, LLM  in Medical Law, MBA in Business Administration, Dip Econ. 

Possibly a  case of the blind leading the blind. A recipe for disaster.

Although arguably, on paper, Whitty looks to be the best qualified to lead among those I can identify in that photograph.

My engineering experience which I am taking across to this is there comes a point when you need to shoot the expert and just get on with it. They are never happy and will focus narrowly on the issue and only a little more time money etc it will all be OK, problem is it never gets there as they are so interested in the issue at hand.

Boris should be the one leading, clearly not in that photo telling Whitty this is the plan get behind it or fuck off. Whitty is not a scientist he sold his sole long ago and became management, the presentation yesterday was just appalling the chart was pure scaremongering they should be fired for that alone.

The virus is not worth the restrictions time to get back to normal life otherwise there will be nothing left. 

I fear we may be about to see significant civil unrest and it will be the experts and politicians fault

  • Agree 9
Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting divisions within the room. Those on the right of the photograph will be thrown under a bus shortly and blamed, whereas bizarrely those on the left will turn out almost unscathed.

In an honest world, the piano wire would be rolled out for all of them.

  • Agree 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, spunko said:

Interesting divisions within the room. Those on the right of the photograph will be thrown under a bus shortly and blamed, whereas bizarrely those on the left will turn out almost unscathed.

In an honest world, the piano wire would be rolled out for all of them.

Yes, I think Whitty will be blamed. I hope he gets a good payoff for being a scapegoat.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Hopeful
37 minutes ago, ad_ceng said:

My engineering experience which I am taking across to this is there comes a point when you need to shoot the expert and just get on with it. They are never happy and will focus narrowly on the issue and only a little more time money etc it will all be OK, problem is it never gets there as they are so interested in the issue at hand.

Boris should be the one leading, clearly not in that photo telling Whitty this is the plan get behind it or fuck off. Whitty is not a scientist he sold his sole long ago and became management, the presentation yesterday was just appalling the chart was pure scaremongering they should be fired for that alone.

The virus is not worth the restrictions time to get back to normal life otherwise there will be nothing left. 

I fear we may be about to see significant civil unrest and it will be the experts and politicians fault

I wouldn't say Whitty isn't a scientist as I don't know him.

But I've seen many like him that I wouldn't call scientists, they have a 'face', you can spot it a mile off, and his face does fit.

 

  • Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the WHO have gone rogue. It probably is due to corruption, bought off by a megalomaniac with an agenda and the means to follow it through.

In Australia the situation seems to be that even the individual state's medical advisers have more power than the national government. All across the Western World similar power structures appear to be in place. I watched Dr. Strangelove the other night and it was very apposite for the current times, in that once the disaster plan has been initiated there seems to be no means of rowing back to a more moderate position. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrPin said:

Yes, I think Whitty will be blamed. I hope he gets a good payoff for being a scapegoat.

So will that weirdo Matt whatshisname. There's a reason they're forcing him to be the Tory face of it. Not that I care, I just hope he takes all the fuckers down with him.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, ccc said:

"Experts" are going to be the downfall of the human race. Mark my words. :Old:

Like the railways, the problem is the wrong kind of experts.

Always.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...