DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Health Minister Vaughan Gething said he has not ruled out mandatory coronavirus vaccines in Wales

1 hour ago, JackieO said:

I think that might actually be the straw that broke the back of the British public's docile acceptance. I'd like to see someone attempt to force Mrs. Detached to get within 20 feet of a needle. They'd need treatment afterwards :P

11 minutes ago, dgul said:

Well, they won't actually do it.

But it is a real indication of the mindset of senior politicians in Wales.

I would not underestimate that mindset.

That he got asked that question is also interesting. It suggests to me that there has been discussions about doing so going on and Taffy media is aware of such things directly or indirectly.

1 hour ago, dgul said:

Well, they won't actually do it.

But it is a real indication of the mindset of senior politicians in Wales.

Agreed; there is no way they could actually do this.

I am not prepared to have a vaccine until it has had full field trials with a clean bill of health.  Then I would be fine with it.  I am not against it in principle but because I am not prepared to take a potentially unsafe medicine.

It may not be a majority but it is a significant minority who either also think this or are simply anti-vaxx; maybe a third, maybe a quarter.

So that's about a million people in Wales who will physically resist being vaccinated; you can just imagine the press coverage.

Some will fight, some will scream, some will sob and it will be all across the news stations every day.

It will never happen. 

These ministers are both arrogant and stupid if they think that they can forcibly vaccinate people; losing their job will be the least of their concerns when the angry mob tracks them down.

6 minutes ago, JoeDavola said:

My bigger concern would actually be employers putting pressure on their employees to have the vaccine, especially big organizations like civil service, schools, universities ect...basically a threat that you'll lose your livihood if you don't get the vaccine right away.

That's the worry. Work , travel, leisure activity, dependent on vaccination :(

2 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

Agreed; there is no way they could actually do this.

I am not prepared to have a vaccine until it has had full field trials with a clean bill of health.  Then I would be fine with it.  I am not against it in principle but because I am not prepared to take a potentially unsafe medicine.

It may not be a majority but it is a significant minority who either also think this or are simply anti-vaxx; maybe a third, maybe a quarter.

So that's about a million people in Wales who will physically resist being vaccinated; you can just imagine the press coverage.

Some will fight, some will scream, some will sob and it will be all across the news stations every day.

It will never happen. 

These ministers are both arrogant and stupid if they think that they can forcibly vaccinate people; losing their job will be the least of their concerns when the angry mob tracks them down.

The problem isn't whether they actually do it.

It is that they want to do it.  That they're actually a bit miffed that their plans can be thwarted by people not agreeing with them.  I'm sure that they understand that people do disagree with them, but I'm aslo sure that they think that the ones that are disagreeing are probably fascists or ultra-right wing, or imbeciles or something -- that really everyone would be much better off if they just did exactly what they were told by their betters.

It is clear that they think that in this case anyone who doesn't want a vaccine is an 'anti-vaccer', and that those people are dumb.

Never mind that they're saying we should be forced to take an under-tested vaccine, potentially using a technique never before used in man at scale*, for a disease that is only dangerous for a small proportion of the population who could readily be convinced to take the risk (ie, where pros balance cons).  Sure, there's a 'benefit' to everyone having it, but only to that minority at risk and only because they don't actually know how effective the vaccine will be.

[*ie, mRNA vaccines.  Now, these are likely to be the next big thing, but they're still untested at scale.  Who knows what horrors might come.  So, it would make sense to vaccinate a minority (those at risk) and see how things go.  But, no -- it has to be 'everyone'.  I'm sure the Welsh government leaders would call me an anti-vaccer, but I'd call them arts degree failures who don't actually understand any of it, and whose only 'evidence' is that that the flu-jab seems excellent and that surely the majority of those dying from Covid19 are the healthy middle-aged.]

Edited by dgul
1 hour ago, JoeDavola said:

This is the Welsh health minister, talking about forcing vaccinations:

Vaughan Gething MS: Minister for Health and Social Services | GOV.WALES

Perhaps as a high risk memeber of the BAME community he wants to be first in line to get a vaccine, I'll concentrate on keeping fit and taking my vitimin D and give the vaccine a couple years see how everyone else fares.

I thought all the coal mines had closed?

Reverse psychology language being used throughout that document. 

Please consent voluntary and take it we could try and mandate it but we don't think it would go down well so it is unlikely we will.

But we could so don't push us, take it voluntary, save us all the hassle, less paperwork = more Netflix time. Don't you like Netflix?

We need high levels of take up of the population and have conducted a survey that we believe indicates there will be a high level of uptake, the survey was 7 of our friends and colleagues but don't worry about that its not important.

If you all just behave and take it we will give you a carrot on the stick of being able to go back to living your daily lives that we have taken from you.

Please take it.. Please, we've spent all this money on a product to sell and we need you to want it for our benefit.

Please take it.

2 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

This is the Welsh health minister, talking about forcing vaccinations:

Vaughan Gething MS: Minister for Health and Social Services | GOV.WALES

Perhaps as a high risk memeber of the BAME community he wants to be first in line to get a vaccine, I'll concentrate on keeping fit and taking my vitimin D and give the vaccine a couple years see how everyone else fares.

I'm guessing Positive Discrimination >> Short-listed.

Power mad, arrogant, minority ligger.

5 hours ago, M S E Refugee said:

Who in their right mind would want to live in Wales or Scotland,the politicians in those two nations seem to view their countrymen as cattle.

..and in England as simpletons, hence why I am now looking on `getting out`....the only thing that kept me here was the reassurance of the NHS in old age, and seeing the way that has gone recently with even my GP doing telephone only appointments; wanted to ask him if he did his training via a distance learning course of study, I may as well leave and get health insurance.