Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Rice rice baby


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Bloody hell, wait till they hear about this:

WTF made up job is that, we truly are at the end of days in Byzantium.

"Ricist", surely?

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Chewing Grass said:

WTF made up job is that, we truly are at the end of days in Byzantium.

1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Uncle Ben race is racist apparently. The brand is going to fund black American children into education.

 

Other brands to also change their names.

 

Professor of multicultural branding just been interviewed on BBC.

 

 

Changing the name and packaging image change to Ben’s originals? Hmm that won’t go down well with the feminists. What does professor of multi- cultural branding think?

Any fans of brown rice?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Libspero said:

Getting rid of Aunt Jemima too..   not that I think I've ever seen it in the UK.

Seems black people are being whitewashed from branding.   In fact,  just people generally..   too controversial  :/

Don’t really understand the logic removing a photo of one old black guy from a product when they are busily inserting black people in hundreds of adverts elsewhere ?  
 

Not that it makes much difference to me as I never buy Uncle Bens because I don’t like American long grain rice. 

Nutritionally rice is rather poor food particularly with regard to vitamins and minerals. The humble potato beats it on nearly all counts.

Edited by Virgil Caine
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Virgil Caine said:

Don’t really understand the logic removing a photo of one old black guy from a product when they are busily inserting black people in hundreds of adverts elsewhere ?  

Probably because a single person of a single colour might be seen as favouring / discriminating against that group depending on the political wind direction at the time.

With advertising they can stick as many different colours, sexes and disabilities kissing under a rainbow as they like to keep the current generation of fanatical vice & virtue police happy.

Or something else..  who knows how their minds work. Perhaps they're just rebranding because it's a bit of a shit product and sales are down..  so they want to stir up some attention for a big rebranding exercise.

Edited by Libspero
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Libspero said:

Getting rid of Aunt Jemima too..   not that I think I've ever seen it in the UK.

Seems black people are being whitewashed from branding.   In fact,  just people generally..   too controversial  :/

Next they will be complaining that people of colour are not represented on food products, thus signalling that they are too stupid to cook. Then, even captain birdseye will be represented differently. Probably by a black, disabled lesbian. You know, in the name of inclusivity and all that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, One percent said:

Next they will be complaining that people of colour are not represented on food products, thus signalling that they are too stupid to cook. Then, even captain birdseye will be represented differently. Probably by a black, disabled lesbian. You know, in the name of inclusivity and all that.  

Captain Birdeye sailed slave ships back in the day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Virgil Caine said:

Don’t really understand the logic removing a photo of one old black guy from a product when they are busily inserting black people in hundreds of adverts elsewhere ?  
 

Not that it makes much difference to me as I never buy Uncle Bens because I don’t like American long grain rice. 

Nutritionally rice is rather poor food particularly with regard to vitamins and minerals. The humble potato beats it on nearly all counts.

I suppose we need to stop all this stereotyping of Vikings 1100 years ago raiding England and killing, shagging and raping  all our women like in all the dozens of Netflix shows or the Normans and Romans subjugating us, it's too easy for us to judge when most of them were probably loveable little rascals in reality

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

I suppose we need to stop all this stereotyping of Vikings 1100 years ago raiding England and killing, shagging and raping  all our women


I think the done thing now would be to pull down the statue of Fríðþjóf the bold in Vangsnes,  demand reparations and generally smash the place up a bit.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...