DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Newly launched Covid tracking app

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You need to, you need to, you need to How about.. Get fucked

Sunak-phones for everyone!  I’m afraid of the dystopian surveillance nightmare that they’ve got planned for us, then I remember that they’re a bunch of utter incompetents that couldn’t organise a

It is so obvious what the government's intentions are. Moonshot wants the capacity to test 10 million people per day. That's enough to theoretically test the whole of the UK in a week. Obviously

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, One percent said:

Surprisingly, there doesn’t seem to be a thread for this. 

anyhow, goes live today if you fancy it.  Lots of people moaning on the radio that they couldn’t download it because of various reasons. Are these people stupid? 

No. They are very intelligent because they haven't spent a fortune buying newer phones.

Just now, Wight Flight said:

No. They are very intelligent because they haven't spent a fortune buying newer phones.

But they are moaning that because of this, they cannot download the app which makes them stupid.  

im thinking that by the end of next week, Sunak will be providing everyone with a new phone. 

1 minute ago, One percent said:

But they are moaning that because of this, they cannot download the app which makes them stupid.  

im thinking that by the end of next week, Sunak will be providing everyone with a new phone. 

Be better giving them all a fitbit.

22 minutes ago, MrPin said:

There's absolutely nothing going on my phone that it didn't come with. I wish I could get rid of half of that.

You can through things like custom aosp roms, ubuntu touch etc takes a bit of work if your not techy but doable.

Can go as far as you like from no google apps etc to microg and aurora store spoofing play services and play store so apps 'think' they are connected to the mother ship and you can still run them. Depending on how stripped back you go things like banking apps won't work but no great loss better signing in through a browser anyway from privacy point of view

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

There's absolutely nothing going on my phone that it didn't come with. I wish I could get rid of half of that.

I turn lots of Android stuff off using the free debloater, no root required. Debloater goes on a windows PC and you connect your phone. It improves battery life tremendously turning all that google stuff off.

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/debloater-remove-carrier-bloat-t2998294

Edit to add a debloater image, the boxes ticked are things blocked that then don't run on your phone. If anyone uses it, right-click the 'Read Device Packages" button and Export your list of Blocked and Unblocked packages each time you make changes, in case you Block something you need to Unblock. Be careful you could brick it!

debloater.jpg

Edited by Democorruptcy
4 hours ago, One percent said:

Which has a permanently activated camera and can't be switched off.

7 minutes ago, whitevanman said:

Sunak-phones for everyone! 

I’m afraid of the dystopian surveillance nightmare that they’ve got planned for us, then I remember that they’re a bunch of utter incompetents that couldn’t organise a pissup in a brewery

Same thought has gone through my mind. Yes they would love to but no, they do not have the ability to do so. 

6 hours ago, One percent said:

They wouldn’t know what to do with it. 

what is it btw?  

It's a watch.

Some of them do blood ox stats and BP and pulse. And would be a great science experiment to give everyone one.

They count steps and can measure other sorts of exercise.

I've just broken my last one as it was really hard to get out of the strap to charge. It was a cheap cheap cheap one.

Edited by sarahbell
7 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

It's a watch.

Some of them do blood ox stats and BP and pulse. And would be a great science experiment to give everyone one.

They count steps and can measure other sorts of exercise.

Don't worry, I'm sure they will soon.

I've just broken my last one as it was really hard to get out of the strap to charge. It was a cheap cheap cheap one.

The second implanted version will fix that.

Some chat about it on my village Facebook page. Mostly stuff like 'about time too' and 'this ought to be made compulsory' etc. Some polite but genuinely puzzled replies to the minority who wrote that they will never use it in a million years, etc, along the usual lines, 'we are tracked in many ways all the time, what's wrong with this if it helps save someone's granny' etc. Suddenly realised why Facebook is sh*te and why I avoid it like the plague.

According to the telescreen it somehow uses bluetooth to work out who has been within 2m of you for 15 minutes or more.

Two things that come to mind over this, the first is that bluetooth can't exactly measure 2 metres as its not doppler radar, the second is that any random persons within the bluetooth mandated 2 metres will be construed as an illegal gathering.

I imagine that BLM, Antifa and Extinction Rebellion will not be using it otherwise they will all be sent home for 2 weeks as naughty children and find 10K if they don't.

19 minutes ago, SirGaz said:

Already ordered a cheap dumb phone that I will keep in a different pocket to my smart phone, anyone asks me to scan stuff it comes out,

12 hours ago, One percent said:

12 hours ago, Melchett said:

Sales of ‘dumb’ phones set to soar.

Not so fast