Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Recommended Posts

I noticed a shortage of Zinc in the shops today. I tried several big stores / chemists and all were out of it. Tesco, Superdrug and Boots, had none. Empty spaces on the shelves. Holland & Barret had plenty but were charging an arm and a leg for it.

I found some in Wilko. Not only was it the cheapest but the best type - Zinc in citrate form as opposed to carbonate which should make it easier to absorb. They were £2 for 100 15mg tablets which is supposedly 150% of daily dose and which I normally take as part of a soluble Vit C / Zinc combo from Tesco. Apparently Tesco can't get hold of that combo at the moment.

If you are in a big Tesco it is worth checking if they do have their soluble own brand Vit C / Zinc combo. They come in 20 tablet tubes and cost £1.75. Buy 2 get 1 free so a good deal if you can find it. They come in orange or lemon and each tablet is 1000mg Vit C and 15mg Zinc. I split the tablet into 4 taking a quarter twice daily throughout the winter so that my body does not wee out the Vit C almost instantly. They are the best bang for buck for both supplements so if you can find them stock up.

In the end I bought Tesco's own brand of Vit C without the Zinc - £1.25 for a tube of 20 and buy 2 get 1 free - and then got the Zinc from Wilko. Cheapest option out there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've got a big sheet of galvinised steel in the garage - I shall just lick that instead. 

It is, and much beter than lobster. Crab sandwiches is my favourite then linguini in the winter to use the frozen crab. I maintain that people only eat lobster because it looks impressive, for th

Good question. I wouldn't buy any of the food I catch because I couldn't aford it, but is it just as expensive in another way? Probably not. 12 hrs in the boat will cost me about £5 in fuel.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I noticed a shortage of Zinc in the shops today. I tried several big stores / chemists and all were out of it. Tesco, Superdrug and Boots, had none. Empty spaces on the shelves. Holland & Barret had plenty but were charging an arm and a leg for it.

I found some in Wilko. Not only was it the cheapest but the best type - Zinc in citrate form as opposed to carbonate which should make it easier to absorb. They were £2 for 100 15mg tablets which is supposedly 150% of daily dose and which I normally take as part of a soluble Vit C / Zinc combo from Tesco. Apparently Tesco can't get hold of that combo at the moment.

If you are in a big Tesco it is worth checking if they do have their soluble own brand Vit C / Zinc combo. They come in 20 tablet tubes and cost £1.75. Buy 2 get 1 free so a good deal if you can find it. They come in orange or lemon and each tablet is 1000mg Vit C and 15mg Zinc. I split the tablet into 4 taking a quarter twice daily throughout the winter so that my body does not wee out the Vit C almost instantly. They are the best bang for buck for both supplements so if you can find them stock up.

In the end I bought Tesco's own brand of Vit C without the Zinc - £1.25 for a tube of 20 and buy 2 get 1 free - and then got the Zinc from Wilko. Cheapest option out there.

 

I bought this, 90 zinc citrate tabs for  £4.90 (20 mg Zn and 1.25mg Cu per tablet)

https://www.highernature.com/healthy-body/immune-health/zinc#cloudiq_session_id=823afe16-b990-46fc-8a99-874145db60a0

Bought their quercetin too

https://www.highernature.com/everyday-essentials/antioxidants/quercetin-and-bromelain#cloudiq_session_id=823afe16-b990-46fc-8a99-874145db60a0

3x quercetin 2x zinc / day if I get ill.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I noticed a shortage of Zinc in the shops today. I tried several big stores / chemists and all were out of it. Tesco, Superdrug and Boots, had none. Empty spaces on the shelves. Holland & Barret had plenty but were charging an arm and a leg for it.

I found some in Wilko. Not only was it the cheapest but the best type - Zinc in citrate form as opposed to carbonate which should make it easier to absorb. They were £2 for 100 15mg tablets which is supposedly 150% of daily dose and which I normally take as part of a soluble Vit C / Zinc combo from Tesco. Apparently Tesco can't get hold of that combo at the moment.

If you are in a big Tesco it is worth checking if they do have their soluble own brand Vit C / Zinc combo. They come in 20 tablet tubes and cost £1.75. Buy 2 get 1 free so a good deal if you can find it. They come in orange or lemon and each tablet is 1000mg Vit C and 15mg Zinc. I split the tablet into 4 taking a quarter twice daily throughout the winter so that my body does not wee out the Vit C almost instantly. They are the best bang for buck for both supplements so if you can find them stock up.

In the end I bought Tesco's own brand of Vit C without the Zinc - £1.25 for a tube of 20 and buy 2 get 1 free - and then got the Zinc from Wilko. Cheapest option out there.

I bought 6 packs of that vit c with zinc from tesco a few weeks ago. Their vitamin stocks have been very low in general over the last few months especially vit d.

Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I've thought about is whether to get my but d levels checked.

Kind of curious regardless.  But this year I've taken all year, and slightly more then I used to over winter.  (The bottle recommends one drop per day but can give to babies too - I usually take 2 or 3)

I take oral drops, and one concern is whether they became less effective over time.  The bottle gets kept out of sunlight etc but peace of mind would be good to know.

There are a variety of home tests on offer you get sent for £25-30 that you post back to be tested in a lab.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Compelling evidence re the importance of zinc.

 

Youtube has deleted a video Dr. John jist made showing 2 studies which looked at how zinc helped people re China virus.

Wonder what the good Dr will make of that?   He seemed pretty straight forward bit surprised if he stepped out of line or said anything remotely controversial🤔

Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting factoid:

Quote

According to the 2013 review mentioned above, semen contains a lot of zinc. In fact, one teaspoon could contain about 3 percent of your daily allowance — which is quite a lot for such a small amount of semen! However, you're better off getting zinc through food or a multivitamin

Ladies, blow jobs could be the way to save the nation 😉

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Compelling evidence re the importance of zinc.

 

Youtube has deleted a video Dr. John jist made showing 2 studies which looked at how zinc helped people re China virus.

Is the subtext of this, and the vitamin D debacle, that "they" actually want people to die?

Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, eight said:

Is the subtext of this, and the vitamin D debacle, that "they" actually want people to die?

Honestly you have to question it, seems that ridiculous.

No doubt more to do with Incompetence or possibly some paternal well meaning? top down instructions for everyone to be giving the same message etc.

Not sure I'm clutching at straws there, does seem a bit strange and the more tin foiled answer I would give is they are really wanting to push this vaccine in the coming year.  

All the same wonder if we'll get the same type of BBC articles coming out listing all the dubious ways people are trying to tackle the virus... Voodoo, bleach.... Zinc, vit d (don't think so)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...