DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Death of telly

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/steph-mcgoverns-new-show-failed-22739018

What channel was this, some obscure one? I bet it was at 3am...

No and no. 1pm on Channel 4. Not a single viewer...

Why are advertisers still spending money on TV advertising when they can't gauge the number of people viewing the ads? Imagine spending all that money to advertise during the commercial break to literally nobody .

No idea who this Steph person is btw...

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My kids now 11 and 14 still don’t even consider broadcast TV as a source of entertainment. As far as they’re concerned the TV is just a screen for X-box or Netflix or YouTube. I doubt they even know t

I wonder how she got her own show.  She must be very talented. On a side note her girlfriend is a TV producer.

She needs a fellow North East presenter, of the opposite gender to create chemistry.  Paging @The XYY Man That would be worth watching. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, spunko said:

She's a former BBC lesbian who has recently had a baby.

To all her boyfriend hopefuls' dismay, the BBC personality found a companion in her girlfriend, allegedly a TV executive. What's more, she and her mystery muse even conceived a child together.
https://liverampup.com/entertainment/34-years-bbc-s-steph-mcgovern-still-single-married-4-partners-profession.html

Edited by sarahbell
6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

She's a former BBC lesbian who has recently had a baby.

To all her boyfriend hopefuls' dismay, the BBC personality found a companion in her girlfriend, allegedly a TV executive. What's more, she and her mystery muse even conceived a child together.
https://liverampup.com/entertainment/34-years-bbc-s-steph-mcgovern-still-single-married-4-partners-profession.html

Without any male input obviesly 

15 minutes ago, spunko said:

Why are advertisers still spending money on TV advertising when they can't gauge the number of people viewing the ads? Imagine spending all that money to advertise during the commercial break to literally nobody .

I can guarantee 5m viewers at 1pm on C4.

Big oily tittet school girls get Naked!

Wheres my contract?

14 minutes ago, spunko said:

Some thick woman from smoggy land (complete with an accent that makes her sound thicker than your average brummie) with a jaw like desperate dan. 

5 minutes ago, One percent said:

Some thick woman from smoggy land (complete with an accent that makes her sound thicker than your average brummie) with a jaw like desperate dan. 

Tad harsh. Seems like a genuine working class gal, whose drive to make a better life for herself has been hijacked by folk playing gender politics. 

Bet she'd be the star of any office environment. 

1 minute ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard
Fucked up quoting

Tik Tok, Challenge Videos, Reddit Compilations, meme type videos are king. See Exhibit A.

They have music, animals, sex appeal, people doing silly random things. They press all the right buttons in the brain to get that dopamine fix. The viewer has to invest no energy or time to be involved. You don't have to record, or be at a certain place or time to watch it either.

Exhibit A:

Edited by 201p

I'm sure the wokes in the media find it extraordinarily troubling that the unwashed masses (males and females) prefer to see pretty little women (whatever their personality), and don't care so much for big strong lasses (even if their personality is magnificent).

I don't think people care that she's lesbian (although I'm sure they'll wheel it out as a reason for her lack of success).

3 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

When I renewed my Virgin contract they gave me a discount to keep the TV, they're actually paying me to subscribe. My guess is that it's so they can keep the number of subscribers up to attract advertisers, regardless of how many are watching. 

I havent watched terrestrial TV for ages. 

I suppose that’s why they focus on bundle deals. Who is going to pay for either TV or landline Phone individually?

13 minutes ago, Hail the Tripod said:

I suppose that’s why they focus on bundle deals. Who is going to pay for either TV or landline Phone individually?

Landline is a full on racket. I've been on the cusp of ditching it numerous times but for emergency purposes it feels safer actually having a wire between me and 999.

I often wonder about viewing or listening figures for programmes; whilst the big numbers are trumpeted the miniscule ones are suppressed.

I do use BBC Sounds for catch up radio comedy, usually dating back decades, and despite my clear preferences I am always being pushed shows that I "might like" when clearly I wouldn't.  Usually a new alleged comedy show featuring some young soyboy, man faced woman, or ethnic pumping out BBC-approved right on comedy.

If I, a spoken word radio listener, am not interested in them then who is listening to these shows?  Certainly not their contemporaries who are not going to even consider R4 or R4x.

I think a lot of these shows have zero audiences and are purely made so that the BBC can throw money at their favoured politically correct acts.

I have several times heard the trailer for a new Lenny Henry Radio show.  The trailer is awful and that is going to be the highlights. Lenny is a clever bloke IMO; he must be embarrassed at pumping out this by-the-numbers rubbish when he is a highly successful actor in his day job.

15 years ago my neighbour heard a series of loud bangs, swearing and then saw my TV come flying out of the patio window and land in the garden.

I was going to give it the good news with the shotgun but I didn't want to worry the neighbours on the other side.

Haven't missed it a bit since.

12 minutes ago, MrPin said:

All TV will be going internet, where the advertisers can watch you watching.

It was quite a while ago that they were developing the tech to analyse the viewers (a football shirt say) and taylor the adverts accordingly.

I don't know how far along with it they are, but another good reason for not having one in the house.