DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

We are worth it, very special and entitled. Reasons why the Covid rules should not apply to us

Here we go, the terminally offended have started to come out the woodwork.  Let’s start a list of those special people who think the rules should not apply to them

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-54271395

The new 15-guest limit would be "out of the question" for South Asian weddings, according to an events manager who has lost all his bookings since March.

Arum Javed said Monsoon Venue Group, in Birmingham, was on "shaky ground".

Before Covid-19, British Asian weddings were traditionally lavish affairs, with multiple events that would tend to have 300 guests as a minimum.

On Tuesday it was announced the maximum number of people allowed at weddings was being cut from 30 to 15.

The change came as the government outlined a new set of restrictions aimed at limiting another rise in cases of the coronavirus.

"The average wedding you have 300 to 400 people, in some cases that pushes up to 1,500... people book at least a year-and-a-half in advance," said Mr Javed, who had 54 weddings planned for 2020.

Dominic Cummings

Dr Catherine Calderwood

Professor Neil Ferguson

Stanley Johnson

Jeremy Corbyn

Margaret Ferrier is a good one:

An SNP MP has apologised for travelling by train from London back to her constituency – after testing positive for Covid-19.

Margaret Ferrier, who represents Rutherglen and Hamilton West, had already travelled south to attend parliament even though she had developed coronavirus symptoms and booked a test.

She admitted there was “no excuse” for her actions but claimed that when she took the first journey she had been “feeling much better”.

If you develop Covid symptoms, you should book a test and self-isolate until you are given your result.

In a statement, Ferrier said: “I apologise unreservedly for breaching Covid-19 restrictions by travelling this week when I shouldn’t have.

“There is no excuse for my actions.

“On Saturday afternoon, after experiencing mild symptoms, I requested a Covid-19 test which I took that day.

“Feeling much better, I then travelled to London by train on Monday to attend parliament as planned.

“This was wrong, and I am very sorry for my mistake.”

The Rutherglen and Hamilton West MP said she then received a positive test result on Monday evening.

She continued: “I travelled home by train on Tuesday morning without seeking advice.

“This was also wrong and I am sorry. I have been self-isolating at home ever since.”

Ferrier said she had spoken to the relevant public health authorities and also notified police of her actions.

She closed her statement by urging the public “not to make the same mistakes that I have, and do all they can to help limit the spread of Covid-19”.

1 minute ago, One percent said:

Remind me, what’s the fine for that?   Will she need to pay it or will she get special privileges?

answer on a postcard please. 

She has accepted, in fact fully accepted, what she did was wrong (getting caught) and said sorry (to her colleagues for the minor embarrassment she caused).

55 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

I think she’s been suspended.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Sturgeon sacks her for political point scoring.....see I telt ye’s aw that we were daeing the best fir oor cuntry an oor people......sayin that the conservatives are cunts, that Cummings no being up front aboot it aw an jist no admittin that he wis a lyin Tory piece oh shite. Oor gurls dun the decent thing an fallen on her sword.

2 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

I think she’s been suspended.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Sturgeon sacks her for political point scoring.....see I telt ye’s aw that we were daeing the best fir oor cuntry an oor people......sayin that the conservatives are cunts, that Cummings no being up front aboot it aw an jist no admittin that he wis a lyin Tory piece oh shite. Oor gurls dun the decent thing an fallen on her sword.

You are the writer of oor willie and ICMFP. 

11 minutes ago, Option5 said:

On her sgian-dubh surely?

Sturgeon mode....

Naw, Mr O5....we like tae keep a wee bit hidden awaa.....where they born wi a silver spoon in ther mooth Tory bastards wouldna think o lookin....in oor socks. Ammm jist sayin sword tae fool them. Aye, I’m fucking shafting my ain country folk too....but never heed!