DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

New UK news channel - Andrew Neil

16 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

I'm excited. Will he have portillo and abbot with hin.?

I hope so, I'd be on cloud ninetyteen hundred if they were. 

1 minute ago, spunko said:

I wouldn't get too excited. It's funded by advertisers who'll try to control the content to the point of it being woke. Plus ofcom won't allow any non woke views to be broadcast anyway.

Good point. 

Shame. 

47 minutes ago, spunko said:

I wouldn't get too excited. It's funded by advertisers who'll try to control the content to the point of it being woke. Plus ofcom won't allow any non woke views to be broadcast anyway.

I'm hoping that many asvertisers out there aren't quite so stupid as many appear and realise there is a huge untapped market just sitting there waiting for anything "non woke" to appear. 

52 minutes ago, ccc said:

I'm hoping that many asvertisers out there aren't quite so stupid as many appear and realise there is a huge untapped market just sitting there waiting for anything "non woke" to appear. 

Until the hateful hate speech laws are repealed, free speech can never return. Ofcom may or may not be woke, but it will uphold the law, and wokeness has been enshrined into British law by that  evil Blair. 

10 hours ago, Nippy said:

Spectator TV has been pretty good so far. Neil has to read a spiel at the beginning about BT, but there are no adverts after that.

His interview with Anders Tegnell on Spectator TV was very refreshing. Will probably give this new news channel a chance, but if it does descend into advertising-induced wokedom then it won't take long for me to turn it back off and not give it a second thought. I am guessing Andrew Neil has a non-woke target audience in mind, so let's see how it plays out.

Andrew Neil to lead new right-leaning UK TV news channel

Veteran broadcaster will launch GB News next year with backing of Discovery

https://www.ft.com/content/470cf7f4-59e6-47c1-9efa-ce634b7980d7

An injection of reactionary poison this country needs like it does a hole in the head.

reply In reply to Derailleur

The news coverage of the BBC is so biased that some alternative is required.   That said, if it becomes a home for the likes of farage it will not be right of centre or balanced.  Perhaps if a few FT readers spent some time engaging with 'other' political opinions, rather than just wringing their hands in disgust, they might understand why we've got Bojo as PM and Brexit.  Or maybe just continue with the hand wringing....

reply In reply to teatrader

The beeb isn't 'biased' your just extremely rightwing so your looking for something that fits your view of the world. Or in other words suits your own biases. The beehttps://

reply In reply to SH_2002
and you'll continue to live in a confused little world where everyone is wrong but you and your ft/guardian echo chamber

You’ve just called a complete stranger “extremely right wing” because he’s claimed the BBC is biased.

Because Fox News has been such a socially cohesive force in America ... keep the Murdochs out - all they do is poison the well. 

(Edited)

reply In reply to Interesting
Of course it’s perspective isn’t popular with readers of the pink-Guardian, but FOX news resonates with large parts of America that value the nuclear family, individual responsibility and reject identity politics. You only have to look at Tucker Carlson smashing it in the ratings to know it is providing an attractive antidote to the superficial, journalist-as-activist stuff produced by CNN and the rest.

reply In reply to DeadCat Flounce
Fox rots the brain its partisan catnip with about as much worth (well their commentators like Carlson, the straight news bit is fine) as the canary in terms of the value it adds to the debate. That its popular in America shows to underline how deeply polarised the states have become and are precisely the last thing we should be emulating.
You are very much part of the problem. 

A bunch of cretin.s
Like the NHS, where the choice is NHS or None or US system.
Any media is BBC or Murdoch.

I assume Discovery is Discovery Inc,. which is not owned  Murdoch.

18 hours ago, swiss_democracy_for_all said:

Until the hateful hate speech laws are repealed, free speech can never return. Ofcom may or may not be woke, but it will uphold the law, and wokeness has been enshrined into British law by that  evil Blair. 

And no I didn't have any Inside info. 

22 hours ago, spunko said:

Indeed. As observed a zillion times before, any right wing movement that isnt unashamedly Hitlerian inevitably drifts left.