• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
davidg

I'm on strike

1 hour ago, JackieO said:

This September I'll be entering my 30th fucking year of work.

Totally faffing fed up.

I know the feeling, 33 or 34 years here, I forget exactly - plus the paper round, I've been working since 11!

If I worked this month the govt would take over 50% of my take home, I'd sooner have the free time.

2 hours ago, JackieO said:

This September I'll be entering my 30th fucking year of work.

Totally faffing fed up.

3 minutes ago, davidg said:

I know the feeling, 33 or 34 years here, I forget exactly - plus the paper round, I've been working since 11!

If I worked this month the govt would take over 50% of my take home, I'd sooner have the free time.

34 years here and all I've got to show for it are 3 kids, a 12 year old car and a house on which I still owe more money on than it cost in 1988.

On the plus side I'm enlightened enough to see it all from an elevated position so it doesn't get me down.

Fucking Red/Yellow/Blue Bastards

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

34 years here and all I've got to show for it are 3 kids, a 12 year old car and a house on which I still owe more money on than it cost in 1988.

ah, I've got an 8 year old car, so that makes me feel better. Given all the uncertainty of whether I would be able to use a new car in a couple of years time I've decided to put off replacing it indefinitely.

4 minutes ago, davidg said:

ah, I've got an 8 year old car, so that makes me feel better. Given all the uncertainty of whether I would be able to use a new car in a couple of years time I've decided to put off replacing it indefinitely.

The only thing I'd replace my oil-burner with is an all electric, if and only if the range goes up 25% and I can screw the effing govermint for every incentive possible and offset it against tax as a company vehicle - cunts.

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

The only thing I'd replace my oil-burner with is an all electric, if and only if the range goes up 25% and I can screw the effing govermint for every incentive possible and offset it against tax as a company vehicle - cunts.

Don't blame you, my wife's replacement petrol car is OK but really not as good as the old diesel at all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Frank Hovis
      Here is the graph of UK central government spending from wiki:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Government_spending_in_the_United_Kingdom
      Just look at that top line.  Most people would guess the NHS and education as big spenders but they are dwarfed by that "Social Protection" line which is off the scale.
      It includes pensions but at £7k a year for those over c. 70 I think we can assume that they aren't a big part of it.
      This money is funding a vast number of people not to work or to work the 16 hrs that gives them tax credits and this is why immigrants from t ethird world pour through Europe to get to Britain and that "social protection" honeypot.
      And how is it being funded?  Well from the budget report 2016/17 (big pdf - don't open it on your phone) pages 5 & 6 it is:
      Cost of Social Protection: £240bn
      Tax sources in descending order:
      Income tax £182bn
      VAT £138bn
      NI £126bn
      The next biggest single category is Excise duties at £48bn.
      https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/508193/HMT_Budget_2016_Web_Accessible.pdf

So every penny of income tax and nearly half of VAT is going on this "Social Protection" which serves neither to defend this country nor heal or educate its citizens.

This is ridiculous and the only way that it will change is if the tax income is reduced by everybody minimising the amount of tax they pay.
      We have had threads on this before but the simple answers are work less and buy less; buying second hand where possible.

It's the only way to stop this ridiculous level of spending on benefits by government after government; Conservative and Labour.

• By Frank Hovis
      There has long been an exemption from paying NI for people still working past state retirement age (soon to be 67).
      This to most people seems perfectly reasonable as they are only likely to still be working at that age because they are skint and also they are unlikely to be earning much if anything above minimum wage.
      Now the usual suspects are trying to pull this exemption "to avert social care disaster"; like anyone believes that it will be ring fenced for social care in the first place.

More than a million older workers may have to start paying National Insurance Those still working beyond the state pension age are exempt from paying levy  Sir Andrew Dilnot told MPs older workers could pay more to plug financial hole Former Tory chancellor Kenneth Clarke, twat, also called last month for pensioners to start paying national insurance, saying: ‘You get your state pension on top of your pay, so the least you can do is pay the same tax on your salary as your colleagues do.’ 
      Mr Clarke, twat, suggested better off pensioners should also lose perks like the winter fuel allowance and free bus passes. 
      In a separate intervention, Kent County Council urged ministers to consider a £30-a-month tax on all workers to help repair a care funding system it described as ‘broken’. 

Maybe, just maybe, if there wasn't the enormous and obscene wastes of taxpayers' money rubbed in our faces on a daily basis we would have sympathy for done tax rises. But even then: not this one.
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5571445/Older-workers-pay-National-Insurance-avert-social-care-disaster.html
    • By One percent
      http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5529183/MPs-wondered-Camillas-hair-REALLY-tax-deductible.html
      The death of Charles’s beloved grandmother in 2002 left tax officials with a headache.
      Ordinarily, they would have asked for millions in inheritance tax on her jewels, antiques and art collection — including a Monet worth £50 million.
      But they were told that the Queen Mother had given the lot to her daughter and grandchildren in 1993. And, by law, gifts made seven years before death are not liable to inheritance taxes.
      Suspicions were raised, however, when her entire collection of jewels was found still in her own cupboards.
      In the end, the Inland Revenue decided not to challenge this. The settlement, however, worried some MPs.

Come on you serfs. Keep working and paying your taxes. We have more jewels to buy and flowers to talk to.