• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Sign in to follow this  
Dave Bloke

I'm on strike

2 minutes ago, davidg said:

a strike against the government and taxation. I've down tools for a month and won't be contributing.

I love a good strike.

Have you got a brazier ?

All strikers needed one even in the summer.

1 hour ago, JackieO said:

This September I'll be entering my 30th fucking year of work.

Totally faffing fed up.

I know the feeling, 33 or 34 years here, I forget exactly - plus the paper round, I've been working since 11!

If I worked this month the govt would take over 50% of my take home, I'd sooner have the free time.

2 hours ago, JackieO said:

This September I'll be entering my 30th fucking year of work.

Totally faffing fed up.

3 minutes ago, davidg said:

I know the feeling, 33 or 34 years here, I forget exactly - plus the paper round, I've been working since 11!

If I worked this month the govt would take over 50% of my take home, I'd sooner have the free time.

34 years here and all I've got to show for it are 3 kids, a 12 year old car and a house on which I still owe more money on than it cost in 1988.

On the plus side I'm enlightened enough to see it all from an elevated position so it doesn't get me down.

Fucking Red/Yellow/Blue Bastards

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

34 years here and all I've got to show for it are 3 kids, a 12 year old car and a house on which I still owe more money on than it cost in 1988.

ah, I've got an 8 year old car, so that makes me feel better. Given all the uncertainty of whether I would be able to use a new car in a couple of years time I've decided to put off replacing it indefinitely.

4 minutes ago, davidg said:

ah, I've got an 8 year old car, so that makes me feel better. Given all the uncertainty of whether I would be able to use a new car in a couple of years time I've decided to put off replacing it indefinitely.

The only thing I'd replace my oil-burner with is an all electric, if and only if the range goes up 25% and I can screw the effing govermint for every incentive possible and offset it against tax as a company vehicle - cunts.

Just now, Chewing Grass said:

The only thing I'd replace my oil-burner with is an all electric, if and only if the range goes up 25% and I can screw the effing govermint for every incentive possible and offset it against tax as a company vehicle - cunts.

Don't blame you, my wife's replacement petrol car is OK but really not as good as the old diesel at all.

3 hours ago, One percent said:

Don't the French do that for the whole of August?

And on Wednesdays...!

2 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

Its the Italians who down tools for 4-6weeks over the summer.

The Greeks do it for 4-6 months!