DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Are you loving the UKGov hacking-down of busineses and future life chances.

Well........

It was never going to be nice for the entitled drossers, 

And the way they carried during lockdown 1 showed their true colours.

They only carried on this way because they genuinley thought it would all be over within 6 months....and could bankroll it,

Now...,

The real hacking down of their future life chances is underway.....

And they have prematurley exposed their true entitled colours with the scummy entitled behaviour during the initial lockdown. 

How hasty and unfortunate as we progress to the the real hacking down of these peoples future life chances. 

Discuss......

Edited by WorkingPoor

The bottom line is...... some of this scum were pumping out BBQ and firepit smoke all across their neighbourhoods without a single fuck given to others as they carried on like john paul getty with their furlough / wfh garden parties, 

Or infested public parks and open spaces like locusts denying others the chance to enjoy them. 

Now.. it is time for the hacking down of their future life chances. 

And the best thing about it? ........

UK.Gov is working towards the exact very same aim.

Lets get it on lets get it all hacked down i say. 

Edited by WorkingPoor
4 hours ago, WorkingPoor said:

They only carried on this way because they genuinley thought it would all be over within 6 months....and could bankroll it,

Now...,

The real hacking down of their future life chances is underway.....

I'm sympathetic to this view. They financed the first lockdown because we weren't certain what we were dealing with. I don't particularly begrudge them that.

We are only half supporting the extended/second lockdown..   because we can't really afford it.

What would be terrible is if there isn't a vaccine early next year,  and ultimately everyone ends up getting the virus anyway or the government actually relent and employ a herd immunity approach.

How much debt will we be drowning in,  and how many lives/jobs will have been destroyed,  simply to postpone the inevitable by 12 months?

17 minutes ago, Libspero said:

I'm sympathetic to this view. They financed the first lockdown because we weren't certain what we were dealing with. I don't particularly begrudge them that.

We are only half supporting the extended/second lockdown..   because we can't really afford it.

What would be terrible is if there isn't a vaccine early next year,  and ultimately everyone ends up getting the virus anyway or the government actually relent and employ a herd immunity approach.

How much debt will we be drowning in,  and how many lives/jobs will have been destroyed,  simply to postpone the inevitable by 12 months?

We'll be drowning in debt even if we have postponed the inevitable.

Postponing deaths were never worth it IMO

Avoiding people's anarchic reponses to those deaths, perhaps that was worth it. But we'll never know.

The virus is indiscriminate so some "entitled drossers" will come through just fine or with the mildest cases. Some decent people will lose their lives or their livelihoods. If the government are really loving hacking down people's life chances then they certainly can't target it against those that may deserve the ill luck and so must want to ruin us all. I doubt that as they will be aware they need about 40% of registered voters on their side to win the next election.

1 hour ago, Balding Badger said:

The virus is indiscriminate so some "entitled drossers" will come through just fine or with the mildest cases. Some decent people will lose their lives or their livelihoods.

Being pedantic,   the virus is quite discriminate..    just not in a way we might like  :/

Business owner here.  I'm actually alright with the way things are going.  Difference with us, is we have no debt.  And for decades, we've had to compete with others who were financing their business on cheap money.  I can keep going like this for a long, long time.  Possibly indefinitely, (although that would mean some redundancies).  Meanwhile, my indebted competition is going out of the game left, right & centre.

I don't think it's a case of government being unable to afford another lockdown like last time.  Furlough cost about £40 billion, and the whole thing so far, about £150 billion, (you can get different figures, depending where you look).  But they printed over £1000 billion over the last decade, and basically just handed the money to the banks.  And they still have a printing press, and I've no doubt there'll be another £1000 billion over the next decade.

I think its more a case of taking a baseball bat to the zombies.

2 minutes ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

Business owner here.  I'm actually alright with the way things are going.  Difference with us, is we have no debt.

Interesting..  I heard similar from an architect friend.   Also a small business owner with a few staff (less than 20).

He thought he had enough to last himself until Q4 with no/little work coming in..   but wasn't worried because he was certain if he went under the rest of the industry was already completely *****ed and he'd be the last man standing.   It seems most of the building industry is built on credit. 

1 hour ago, Bricks & Mortar said:

Business owner here.  I'm actually alright with the way things are going.  Difference with us, is we have no debt.  And for decades, we've had to compete with others who were financing their business on cheap money.  I can keep going like this for a long, long time.  Possibly indefinitely, (although that would mean some redundancies).  Meanwhile, my indebted competition is going out of the game left, right & centre.

I don't think it's a case of government being unable to afford another lockdown like last time.  Furlough cost about £40 billion, and the whole thing so far, about £150 billion, (you can get different figures, depending where you look).  But they printed over £1000 billion over the last decade, and basically just handed the money to the banks.  And they still have a printing press, and I've no doubt there'll be another £1000 billion over the next decade.

I think its more a case of taking a baseball bat to the zombies.

I think you could well be right, it really depends though on if the government/BoE do everything they can to prop up zombie businesses (eg. bounce back loans). I think that this could be a time of great opportunity - the time will come when many businesses are out of money or out of debt facilities, or (later) increasing interest rates are killing them. I have a small business, itself in a niche. The market is dominated by 2 players, probably with 70%+ market share between them, both propped up by debt and venture capital - they went for rapid growth. As I say, my business is very small, but the CEO of one of those is regularly having a go at me about treading on his toes (his marketing budget must by x20 mine). He must be worried and has the banks and/or VCs on his back. It's very much a discretionary spend business so could easily drop back in a recession/depression. I reckon I could last indefintely (no staff, all contractors/freelancers). I suspect at least one of those two won't make it to the end of next year. When that happens, I'd expact my sales to multiply.

This reminds me of the time in the early '00s after the dotcom bust when I bid £40k to buy out a competitor who had soaked up £10m in venture caputal and been valued on AIM at £5m or so just a year earlier. I lost out by £10k.

It really could be oportunities of a lifetime for businesses/entrepreneurs with cash and no debt.

Edited by The Idiocrat
11 hours ago, Libspero said:

I still think global financial re-set of some sort is coming.

A lot of Italy's debts are due at the end of this year apparently and they can't pay them, the EU (and the global financial powers) can't risk contagion either if Italy collapses.

It could be they know it's coming, and that's why Sunak is spending money like a sailor on shore leave.

1 minute ago, Austin Allegro said:

I still think global financial re-set of some sort is coming.

A lot of Italy's debts are due at the end of this year apparently and they can't pay them, the EU (and the global financial powers) can't risk contagion either if Italy collapses.

It could be they know it's coming, and that's why Sunak is spending money like a sailor on shore leave.

Italy is “always” about to go bankrupt and the EU always end up bailing them out one way or another.

They’ll just lend/print them more money,  insist on some pretend austerity to keep the Germans happy and kick the can down the road for another 5 years.

Our debt situation is a bit more worrying because our debt/GDP is over 100%.. which is something that never happened even during the GFC.

I don’t blame Sunak for propping up the non-economy.  I blame the government for (arguably) unnecessarily forcing him to do it because of their disastrous Covid policy of locking down the country to save a small handful of coffin-dodgers from dying slightly earlier than if they’d just caught flu the following year.

The global economy will be fine..  Asia will go from strength to strength.   The UK is probably f****d.  Or at least we’re trying our hardest.  

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Italy is “always” about to go bankrupt and the EU always end up bailing them out one way or another.

They’ll just lend/print them more money,  insist on some pretend austerity to keep the Germans happy and kick the can down the road for another 5 years.

You're probably right, although the video I watched though referred to some bonds or other maturing at the end of this year. It's the first time I've heard an actual date given for the collapse.