DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

http://www.invisalign.com/ and cheaper alternatives like https://www.straightteethdirect.com

image.png.bcb670e672d7e7f45b95fab4bf1ac769.png

Anyone here who has used them? They are cheaper than an orthodontist and use a progressive set of clear 3D printed retainers to move your teeth into a new position over the course of a year. A computer program uses a 3D scan of a mould to work out the best movement path and final positioning for your teeth. They are a bit painful to wear, apparently.

The DIY approach appeals to me, but I don't think I'll bother as my problem is down to crowding, but I've known a girl with bad teeth who had hers fixed and reckoned it was one of the best things she'd done, and landed a great husband soon afterwards.

Bad smiles are thought to be very British.

Edited by Nippy

if you are an adult with crooked teeth and get them fixed using traditional braces or invisalign chances are you will have to have a fixed retainer permanently behind those teeth as well as wearing a removable retainer overnight for the rest of your life to prevent the teeth moving back to their original position. Funny that orthodontists don't tell you that until you're into the treatment.

51 minutes ago, Underwhelmed said:

if you are an adult with crooked teeth and get them fixed using traditional braces or invisalign chances are you will have to have a fixed retainer permanently behind those teeth as well as wearing a removable retainer overnight for the rest of your life to prevent the teeth moving back to their original position. Funny that orthodontists don't tell you that until you're into the treatment.

The one I saw was brutally honest about the consequences of having teeth "straightened" .. 
Night brace forever does not sound fun. Grinding bits of teeth away so they fit doesn't sound fun. 

11 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Here I am you fucking chutney ferret.

I only have thirteen real teeth left, what's the fucking point...?

XYY

Hi cunty - I'm not too far behind you.. I lost one of the fuckers the other week having a bite on a Bahn mi.

Before you start.. It's a Vietnamese roll with exotic ingredients inbetween a mighty,crusty shaft. 

Before you get too excited - I wasn't in Vietnam. 

I thought you'd appreciate the gay foreplay.

You big Faggot!

18 minutes ago, mattydread said:

Hi cunty - I'm not too far behind you.. I lost one of the fuckers the other week having a bite on a Bahn mi.

Before you start.. It's a Vietnamese roll with exotic ingredients inbetween a mighty,crusty shaft. 

Before you get too excited - I wasn't in Vietnam. 

I thought you'd appreciate the gay foreplay.

You big Faggot!

:Jumping:

I had invisalign about 10 years ago, no problems at all, they worked well it was done by an orthodontist but I can see how it could be done just as well by mail order, and I'm sure things have moved on in the last 10 years. I'd happily do it again, no regrets at all and hasn't caused any issues.

I don't have a fixed retainer, I do have a removable one which is no bother at all, but given it's been 10 years now I hardly ever wear it.

Tried signing up to one of those online invisible brace companies few years ago but think due to crowding of my teeth they wouldn't accept me. Alternative invisible braces at the local dentists were £15k or something stupid e.g. I'd be paying for the dentists kids school fees that month so thought fuck that.

1 hour ago, stokiescum said:

That one doing my nut in couple more beers and I’m going try get it out 

Careful mind, that can become addictive.

The dentist has removed most of mine - but I do have a collection of the ones I've pulled myself.

Below are my four contributions to our DOSBODS Witchdoctor's necklace. There would have been five - but I swallowed one while eating a Chinkies...

P1030935.thumb.jpg.e80ea65d739e1c819e7d7b8206c56227.jpg

XYY

Edited by The XYY Man
3 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

The dentist has removed most of mine - but I do have a collection of the ones I've pulled myself.

Below are my four contributions to our DOSBODS Witchdoctor's necklace. There would have been five - but I swallowed one while eating a Chinkies...

XYY

Why can’t you show us anything nice for once? 

15 hours ago, Underwhelmed said:

14 hours ago, sarahbell said:

The one I saw was brutally honest about the consequences of having teeth "straightened" .. 
Night brace forever does not sound fun. Grinding bits of teeth away so they fit doesn't sound fun. 

9 hours ago, AlfredTheLittle said:

I had invisalign about 10 years ago, no problems at all, they worked well it was done by an orthodontist but I can see how it could be done just as well by mail order, and I'm sure things have moved on in the last 10 years. I'd happily do it again, no regrets at all and hasn't caused any issues.

I don't have a fixed retainer, I do have a removable one which is no bother at all, but given it's been 10 years now I hardly ever wear it.

So is Alfred just very lucky or what ? O.o

6 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

XYY

Your tables scruffier than mine

2 hours ago, ccc said:

So is Alfred just very lucky or what ? O.o

Yes would say so, your teeth will slowly move back to their original position if you don't wear the retainer, may take 10-15 years. I had invisalign too maybe about 15 yrs ago, worked well for a while but then to get optimum results the orthodontist said I had to wear a metal brace for a few weeks, no fun as an adult!

I then had to have a fixed retainer behind my front two teeth as well as wearing a transparent removable retainer when sleeping. Both of these broke a couple of times and they charged me exorbitant amounts for replacements, the 3rd time it happened a few years ago I thought fuck it I can't be bothered anymore. Since then my teeth are slowly moving back by mm's but it doesn't bother me anymore although I may just get them fixed one last time as it's cheaper now and technology has advanced.

20 hours ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

I hate bright white horse teeth nashers as much as smokers, yellow manky ones. 

Maybe not as much as smokers teeth but yeah, big perfectly straight artificial looking bright white 'american teeth' are a turn off for me. And that's from someone who (thanks to a few years of braces in my teens) has big perfectly straight (albeit not artificially white) teeth

In fact now I think of it, all my previous partners and my wife have very slightly 'characterful' teeth.

In japan the 'snaggle tooth' look is considered cute for women. They actually pay to get them made slightly crooked.

Girls With Snaggleteeth Are Cute: Reflecting Japanese Cultural Tendency To  Feel Affection Toward Imperfect Things? – grape Japan

Edited by Boglet