DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Immigration warts and all, has it been a good idea?

I can give you a dozen reasons why I think immigration has been a good thing for the UK and I can give you even more reasons why it has not been. In general and just looking at the last 50 years and the way it has been done and the type of people allowed in

Was immigration a big mistake for the UK?

Just yes or No will do for now

Yes

Edited by haroldshand
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’d break it down by culture. Pure selfish viewpoint of the host country.  Spygirl style, as if I really know hundreds of all of these cultures personally.  Pakistanis, no.  Indians, qu

I'm an immigrant, and have worked/lived in 4 countries that were not the country of my birth.  Being anti-immigrant is a rationale position unless the immigrant numbers are low and each immigrant brin

I was on the bike at school closing time last summer and an old boy was stood by a crossing that i stopped at. he was surrounded by school kids and not one was English. I caught his eye briefly and wi

Posted Images

No.

Another example today:

'COME WITH US'

Boy, 14, latest victim of ‘child snatch gang’ amid reports of SEVEN kidnap attempts in Worcester

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/12786998/boy-child-snatch-attempt-worcester/

The race of the kidnappers is stated in the article; though you know that really you don't need to read it to know.

Muticulturalism is a terrible idea.

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No.

Another example today:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/uknews/12786998/boy-child-snatch-attempt-worcester/

The race of the kidnappers is stated in the article; though you know that really you don't need to read it to know.

Ellesse Robinson, 15, was left sobbing when she fled four men who tried to snatch her off the street on September 20.

The schoolgirl was walking to a shop at 7pm when a car pulled up next to her.

She said: "As I walked out of the shop and was waiting at the traffic lights, a grey Peugeot pulled up very slowly towards me.

"Two men in the back told me to 'come'. I stepped back then the man in the front passenger side opened his car door and I genuinely thought he was going to grab me.

"I felt so scared as they were all in their mid or early 30s and really big.

"They sounded Turkish or Romanian, they were all tanned. After he opened his door I basically shouted 'No! no! no!' repeatedly."

Only ~10 years ago she would not even know what a Romanian looked or sounded like.

I guess Balkan or ME.

14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No.

Another example today:

Fucking state on this country.

Yes       --to answer your literal question, "has it?"

How many US and Canadians were moved to Britian during WWII? Almost 3 million.
Also, specialization and division of labour is enabled by having a larger work force.
I see a secular change, however, where robots, AI, and mass production mean that size of workforce and production are disconnected. There is no longer any value in swelling the workforce, in fact it is counterproductive, and a form of Ponzi economics. I posted links in another thread to Prof. Phil Lawn, who explains why immigration is a really bad solution for any country whose population is facing a right-biased age distribution.

Edited by Nippy

There was a recent paper on number of migrants in the to deviled of UK earners.

Loads of migrant lovers were wetting themselves - see migrants are a benefit! Lazy fucking Brits.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2020/sep/20/about-a-quarter-of-the-uks-top-earners-are-migrants-data-shows

However thats not really new - high earning bankers n whatnot tend to travel between countries - few countries object to migrants who travel to the UK in 1sr class rather than a rubber tube.

And the biggy - the top decile of earners is tiny - few 100k if that.

The issue is the migrants earning under 40k, who need large inwork subs and dont generate enough tax to pay for tye free at use public services.

37 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

No.

Another example today:

Dare I ask - whats the driver for child snatch gangs? Paedos? 

1 minute ago, Kurt Barlow said:

Dare I ask - whats the driver for child snatch gangs? Paedos? 

I assume the same as that for the grooming gangs: personal satisfaction plus renting them out.

The victims of the grooming gangs were allowed to stay free which ended up with many of them going to the police and the police eventually taking action with mass jailings.

Step two for the grooming gangs looks to be keeping those children captive so that they can't go to the police; and ideally they are going to want to take them from a town remote from where they will be sold so that they won't be recognised.

And when they are no longer a sellable commodity they are not going to be given their freedom; they will be killed.

If I was a parent in Worcester I would not currently be letting my child be outside on their own at any time.

It's terrifying.

1 hour ago, haroldshand said:

I can give you a dozen reasons why I think immigration has been a good thing for the UK and I can give you even more reasons why it has not been. In general and just looking at the last 50 years and the way it has been done and the type of people allowed in

Was immigration a big mistake for the UK?

Just yes or No will do for now

Yes

YES, obviously, what a ridiculous question!

1 minute ago, ashestoashes said:

presumably there was a large influx from europe after the last ice age and there'll be a large outflow to the rest of the world during the next ice age, we should remain friendly with warmer countries 

Or have superior armed forces.

Which is how it has always worked.

26 minutes ago, Nippy said:

Drug dealers, gun runners, and pimps are probably in that top decile. It doesn't necessarily mean they provide any benefit. Or does it?

If they’re rich,  business savvy and create export wealth then I’m all in favour.  Preferably in less “controversial” capacities though.

6 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

presumably there was a large influx from europe after the last ice age and there'll be a large outflow to the rest of the world during the next ice age, we should remain friendly with warmer countries 

Doesn't work like that...those moving north during the warming phase ,with no previous connection to this country, get free house and bennies paid for on the backs of a Millennium of labour, social progress and effort from our ancestors. During the cooling phase, anyone with the temerity to move south to the Caliphate probably a death sentence.

Edited by crashmonitor

I’m going to sit slightly on the fence.

I don’t mind immigration in and of itself.  But I think the UK has had too much,  too quickly,  and it has compounded our bigger problem which is actually overpopulation generally.

Which is also a global problem.   Even if most people (particularly on the left) think that more people automatically means a higher quality of living.  They may change their minds when 6 billion Asians and Africans are richer than them and running the planet.

2 minutes ago, crashmonitor said:

Doesn't work like that...those moving north during the warming phase ,with no previous connection to this country, get free house and bennies paid for on the backs of a Millennium of labour, social progress and effort from our ancestors. During the cooling phase, anyone with the temerity to move south to the Caliphate probably a death sentence.

the parasite would still need a productive host to live off

Depends on your point of view. For business and corporations, it has been excellent as it keeps a lid on wages. For slum landlords, great as it keeps the demand for housing up. For the establishment, great as it props up GDP. 

for the individual, going about their business, doing an honest day’s work, not so much.  It’s kep your waged suppressed, the cost of housing high. It has eroded your culture and way of life. Access to services is much more difficult. Roads and all public spaces are rammed full. Your pension has been basically asset stripped to pay for it.  If you have young children, there is a very real danger of them falling foul of predatory pedophiles. Your welfare system, that you have paid for through taxation and national insurance has been used to pay for immigrant housing and free money.  

:)