DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Christmas is cancelled

I think we always felt on here they would ban Christmas as it might offend others. But I guess we didn't think it would come so quickly in the year 2020.

6983418.jpg?display=1&htype=0&type=respo

https://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/18754513.southampton-city-council-cancels-christmas-remembrance-events/

Southampton city council cancels Christmas and Remembrance events

SOUTHAMPTON will not have a Christmas market this year, nor a Remembrance service after civic chiefs agreed to suspend the events due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

---

Can we not socially distance at these things?

Edited by 201p
  • Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Christmas ain't cancelled at my house! Fuck em.

Well to be fair with remembrance what they fought against is now our lives 

Xmas markets cancelled? Think of all the lives that have been saved...!     ...Alans Snackbar will have to drive his truck into something else

Posted Images

Christmas is a religious festival that gained cultural significance in Victorian times. Why the state should mark this festival is worth debating. However cancelling the Remembrance ceremonies is disgraceful. A token gesture to remember the fallen and an opportunity to fund raise for the survivors (in the true sense of that word) is worth retaining. In most communities it’s an outdoor event!

7 minutes ago, JohnThePessimist said:

Christmas is a religious festival that gained cultural significance in Victorian times. Why the state should mark this festival is worth debating. However cancelling the Remembrance ceremonies is disgraceful. A token gesture to remember the fallen and an opportunity to fund raise for the survivors (in the true sense of that word) is worth retaining. In most communities it’s an outdoor event!

Christianity culturally appropriated indigenous religions. Once gone, we can return to our cultural roots. And the go mass action against those who introduced christianity to our shores.  :)

2 minutes ago, spunko said:

Christmas ain't cancelled at my house! Fuck em.

Nor mine I’ve got my grubby mits on these the first free thing I’ve got off the system in 5 years.i should not even have them were given to me .now can I spend the lot in one go on long life milk is the question or not .

9E633126-6C23-4B8F-8644-EDF6F28A3C12.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Democorruptcy said:

Good.

Bah humbug.

Quite. What does xmas even mean? For me it's just another day where I get wreckeder than usual. I do try and do something to mark the solstice though. Ideally it would involve magical ceremonies and beautiful wenches but I generally have to make do with a nice walk in the countryside.

The Queen isn't happy.

Servants refusing to work for her over Christmas because it would mean that they would have to isolate from their own families.

Now it's actually hurting people at the top level might a touch of commonsense be thrust upon poor little scared Boris?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12793066/queen-furious-servants-refuse-work-christmas/

31 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

Quite. What does xmas even mean? For me it's just another day where I get wreckeder than usual. I do try and do something to mark the solstice though. Ideally it would involve magical ceremonies and beautiful wenches but I generally have to make do with a nice walk in the countryside.

It's a short period of time when it's safe to ignore clients.

Which is priceless.

4 hours ago, Frank Hovis said:

The Queen isn't happy.

Servants refusing to work for her over Christmas because it would mean that they would have to isolate from their own families.

Now it's actually hurting people at the top level might a touch of commonsense be thrust upon poor little scared Boris?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12793066/queen-furious-servants-refuse-work-christmas/

Fuck you ma'am

19 hours ago, 201p said:

---

Can we not socially distance at these things?

Of course we can. But the government's restrictions seem to be being treated as a minimum level of compliance, rather than a maximum. It's like the 'one hour of exercise only per day' rule during Lockdown 1, which was never an actual rule (no time period was stipulated for exercise, just 'once a day'), it just developed as a sort of unquestioned folk-truth.

They can cancel Halloween (for good) and they can cancel Bonfire night too, seen as it celebrates a failure to kill of Parliament. 

But if they take away my chance to watch a Carry On movie at my folks house, much to the annoyance of my 16yr old nephew on Christmas Day then I will go well mental!