DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Boiler service chappy to house.

I have had an email from British Gas that they would like to service my boiler in the second or third week of Nov - have a choice of dates.

I am weighing up the pros and cons of having someone in my home currently. I think it is good to get the service done so that there can be no come back if things go wrong later. But should I be worried re the lurgy?

Apparently the guy will wear a mask and gloves. Will ask home owners to stay in a separate room.

I am out and about in the shops daily living my life as normal as I can. But the idea of having someone in my house have caused me to pause for thought. I am leaning toward just booking it and carrying on regardless.

Thoughts?

18 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I have had an email from British Gas that they would like to service my boiler in the second or third week of Nov - have a choice of dates.

I am weighing up the pros and cons of having someone in my home currently. I think it is good to get the service done so that there can be no come back if things go wrong later. But should I be worried re the lurgy?

Apparently the guy will wear a mask and gloves. Will ask home owners to stay in a separate room.

I am out and about in the shops daily living my life as normal as I can. But the idea of having someone in my house have caused me to pause for thought. I am leaning toward just booking it and carrying on regardless.

Thoughts?

Surely it'll be fine, if you're worried then stay away from him (in a different room, or nip out for a bit and get him to give you a ring when he's nearly finished), open all the windows and skoosh everything he may have been close to with stuff to clean it. 

Remember loads of folk have been living normally for the last six months, and even been "on the front line" working, I reckon it's just not that bad. 

I've booked. I would have been happy for someone to come anytime in recent months. Happy to have it checked out before the winter came. Just wanted to know what the DOSBODs hive mind thought.

The central heating thread popping up reminded me to turn on my central heating the other night just to check that it was working. Fell asleep and awoke at 5 in the morning a tad toasty in bed.

11 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I've booked. I would have been happy for someone to come anytime in recent months. Happy to have it checked out before the winter came. Just wanted to know what the DOSBODs hive mind thought.

The central heating thread popping up reminded me to turn on my central heating the other night just to check that it was working. Fell asleep and awoke at 5 in the morning a tad toasty in bed.

Why not so happy now if you're saying you'd have been happy in recent months?

4 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Thoughts?

We havent had a cold winter for ages.

No idea this year. Youve paid for it anyway I guess.

Sods law it breaks down and its cold.

The virus bit. Sure you can disinfect afterwards. He will be in limited areas.

If It does break down in the cold you wint be the only one and the engineers will be visiting a lot more folk...and depending on your view of things, likely higher cases of CV.

My view any way TMT.