DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Am I Being Unreasonable

One of the problems with AIBU is that the posters think they are canvassing the opinion of a large cross-section of society whereas in fact they are, as a previous poster once put, tax credits United and third sector diversity officer ground central. If a man dares to offer a different opinion then the "Behold, a man has arrived" meme quickly appears. Relationship advice is invariably "LTB". Occasionally they assume the "DP" is male but when the poster lets slip they are actually both female there's a rapid u-turn as suddenly they are able to see both sides.

Pistonheads offers a refreshing reverse. 

Ok, so which one of you is this woman contemplating leaving?

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4043302-To-leave-my-cult-obsessed-DP

"He's found a load of new buddies online and he is now a fully-fledged member of Qanon who spout all sorts including Satanism in Hollywood, child trafficking for organ harvesting to keep famous people looking good, lizard people in the royal family, 9/11 faked etc."

It's like Dosbods bingo.

7 minutes ago, Carcassion said:

Ok, so which one of you is this woman contemplating leaving?

https://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/am_i_being_unreasonable/4043302-To-leave-my-cult-obsessed-DP

"He's found a load of new buddies online and he is now a fully-fledged member of Qanon who spout all sorts including Satanism in Hollywood, child trafficking for organ harvesting to keep famous people looking good, lizard people in the royal family, 9/11 faked etc."

It's like Dosbods bingo.

She lost me at 'big girl pants'. My advice to any man whose woman ever utters those words is to run as far away as fast as possible. Stop for a breather then run further.

I didn't know that you could join QAnon.

When I joined the Dennis the Menace fan club* I received a plastic wallet containing a membership card, as set of club rules (including be rude to Walter the Softy), a Dennis the Menace badge and a Gnasher badge with black plastic hair and moving eyes.  

e4b0ebec05aea1c2d3fdd7223d3cf8c6.jpg

I wonder what would be the equivalent for QAnon?

* I was quite a bit younger**

14 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

When I joined the Dennis the Menace fan club* I received a plastic wallet containing a membership card, as set of club rules (including be rude to Walter the Softy), a Dennis the Menace badge and a Gnasher badge with black plastic hair and moving eyes.  

I wonder how far flashing those will get you today.

Seeing that she is electronically stalking him, and she admits that without this knowledge nobody would have a clue, I do wonder if she is the one with some sort of mental problem.

To throw up your security, make your kids unhappy and possibly blame you for the break up, just because he has a slight problem on line is ridiculous and illogical.

36 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

She lost me at 'big girl pants'. My advice to any man whose woman ever utters those words is to run as far away as fast as possible. Stop for a breather then run further.

The telling bit is:

'However, because he hasn't had me to talk to about his worries, he's found a load of new buddies online'

Not surprising really, if a man feels he can't talk about his deepest hopes and fears with his other half.

Then she goes on to say she's created a fake account so she can check what he's posting online. That's seriously worrying too!

Some good replies in amongst the dross. I liked this one:

I think you need to examine your own rigid thinking, because debating conspiracy theories and even believing in some of them is not as uncommon as you think. Closing down the debate simply because you think it is BS smacks of someone not even able to consider different viewpoints.

I am deeply suspicious of posts like hers.

A bit convenient that posts like this are cropping up on forums now. Last week there was a clear agenda to rubbish and ridicule Qanon by the MSM both in the US and here in the UK. It was as if they all had got the same memo or someone had made a few phone calls to various news Editors.

Overnight we get FB banning all Qanon content. Then posts like this appear seemingly randomly on forums which are considered influential. It could be genuine of course. Just seems all too convenient. If the hubby is a Qanon nut then the poster has had a few years to post her concerns before. Why now? Why at the same time as the MSM and social media lot all bring it to public attention and are censoring it.

Perhaps, as I say, it is genuine. Perhaps she just wants attention with the current trending subject. It could be electioneering trying to link Trump with Qanon to rubbish both and sway some US voters. American women do read MM. Or maybe it is people wanting fearful of what is supposedly going to be made public and wanting to set an agenda of Qanon stuff being fantasy in the public's minds. Throw in those who may want to influence the US election - China, Russia (Yes, Russia.), our own intell lot, anyone else you can think of.) - and I just advise people to take stuff posted now - whether it is pro or anti Trump, Biden, Clinton, Qanon, the Tooth Fairy, etc - with a huge dollop of salt. Not just original posts but also some of the replies.

Thank goodness that we are mostly just observing all of this. Time for one of my favourites:

quietlyobserving.jpg

8 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

A bit convenient that posts like this are cropping up on forums now. Last week there was a clear agenda to rubbish and ridicule Qanon by the MSM both in the US and here in the UK. It was as if they all had got the same memo or someone had made a few phone calls to various news Editors.

I think you should join MM and post this whole post on the relevant thread because it's probably true.  The MMs need to know Qanon may be a thing and not to dismiss it out of hand.

35 minutes ago, The Masked Tulip said:

Overnight we get FB banning all Qanon content. Then posts like this appear seemingly randomly on forums which are considered influential. It could be genuine of course. Just seems all too convenient. If the hubby is a Qanon nut then the poster has had a few years to post her concerns before. Why now? Why at the same time as the MSM and social media lot all bring it to public attention and are censoring it.

Perhaps, as I say, it is genuine. Perhaps she just wants attention with the current trending subject. It could be electioneering trying to link Trump with Qanon to rubbish both and sway some US voters. American women do read MM. Or maybe it is people wanting fearful of what is supposedly going to be made public and wanting to set an agenda of Qanon stuff being fantasy in the public's minds. Throw in those who may want to influence the US election - China, Russia (Yes, Russia.), our own intell lot, anyone else you can think of.) - and I just advise people to take stuff posted now - whether it is pro or anti Trump, Biden, Clinton, Qanon, the Tooth Fairy, etc - with a huge dollop of salt. Not just original posts but also some of the replies.

Thank goodness that we are mostly just observing all of this. Time for one of my favourites:

quietlyobserving.jpg

It's possible that Deep State actors are stepping up activities on forums, particularly as the US elections get nearer and the Covid-19 restrictions start to be seriously questioned by ordinary people. However I think it's more likely that this woman is simply a deeply conventional person who is worried because her other half has started to question the narrative on some things. She's almost being red-pilled by proxy and we know that can't be done, it just results in a struggle and choking.

I imagine similar things have happened throughout history, for example, imagine the conversations that went on between spouses who were divided over Protestantism and Catholicism in the 16th century, or King/Parliament in the 17th century. Some people simply cannnot bear their mental universe being challenged.

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

Propane.

Who exactly has said that people shouldn't be allowed to have different views? Certainly not me. But there is only one truth, and it doesn't change based on what we believe.

Have they hereby agreed on a definition of bimbo thinking?

2 hours ago, The Masked Tulip said:

I’d go with attention seeking.  

If she is really asking a bunch of randoms if she should divorce her husband when they’ve never even met him..  then I hope she does leave him.   The poor guy will have dodged a f**king bullet ¬¬