DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Using an Island to process the huge rise in Immigrants... Great Idea

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54349796

Priti Patel has been considering using an Island to process the huge numbers of Immigrants coming into the UK which I think is a brilliant idea and I have been suggesting it for ages now. But I do not agree with the idea of using the Ascension Islands 5000 miles away. What's wrong with using one of the near empty or empty  Islands we have off Scotland, not so welcoming as the tropical paradise being suggested but they are running for their lives and persecution right?

And I don't mind paying for comfortable porta cabins, heating, water, food etc, as long as they stay on that Island until shipped home or accepted into main land UK

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I thought they were already using an island for all the immigrants - this one.

I'm cynical enough to believe this is probably said to stop the natives getting too uppity. Let me know if anything actually happens. [sleep icon]

Exactly this. Our forebears lived in absolute poverty until relatively recently.  Enslaved, indentured and belonging to someone else.  This land was built on their blood, sweat and tears.  Those that

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54349796

Priti Patel has been considering using an Island to process the huge numbers of Immigrants coming into the UK which I think is a brilliant idea and I have been suggesting it for ages now. But I do not agree with the idea of using the Ascension Islands 5000 miles away. What's wrong with using one of the near empty or empty  Islands we have off Scotland, not so welcoming as the tropical paradise being suggested but they are running for their lives and persecution right?

And I don't mind paying for comfortable porta cabins, heating, water, food etc, as long as they stay on that Island until shipped home or accepted into main land UK

A Scottish island is too near the mainland and will cost a fortune in stopping them trying to escape. 5000 miles away, they are never going to get back here. Mind, I would suggest the falklands. Always looks damp and cold.  

On 18/02/2019 at 14:19, Carl Fimble said:

South Georgia as shown in your image above ( https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/South_Georgia_and_the_South_Sandwich_Islands )was the island Nick Griffin suggested in this interview :

At the time I would have been watching that thinking “what a horrid racist that man is”, now I agree with him. Paxman really tried to trip him up and paint him as evil, Griffin does very well though. 

^ that

6 minutes ago, One percent said:

A Scottish island is too near the mainland and will cost a fortune in stopping them trying to escape. 5000 miles away, they are never going to get back here. Mind, I would suggest the falklands. Always looks damp and cold.  

But they have no chance of getting a dingy on a Scottish Island under guard and with no criminals helping them, and if they want to swim it on floats, good luck to them they deserve to get in

What about Montserrat?

:D

Rockall is a bit small.

11 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I've been saying for years we should have used Gruinard for this.

Cheaper than the Ascension Islands too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gruinard_Island

The anthrax island?  Very good - you're worse than me!

2 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

But they have no chance of getting a dingy on a Scottish Island under guard and with no criminals helping them, and if they want to swim it on floats, good luck to them they deserve to get in

What makes you think there would be no criminals helping them? Where there's brass there's muck as well as vice-versa.

7 minutes ago, haroldshand said:

Is the key. There are plenty willing to ship them from that very dangerous country France.  

11 minutes ago, One percent said:

5 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

^ that

Falkland Islands and South Georgia are both paradises and largely, unspoiled, I dont think they need this sort of development just like we don't want it.

Put a camp somewhere that is already a shit pit. (Perhaps that's why Europe chose England.)

Nothing too special about the flat top of Lundy Island IMO

2 minutes ago, Snark said:

Can you imagine what it would turn into? Anyone ever seen "Escape from LA"?
It would literally divide into violent tribal factions, and then our govt would be blamed for it.

I wouldn’t have a problem with them killing each other. They do it here with all the stabby culture and then we have tp pay to clean up the mess

3 minutes ago, DocH said:

I'm cynical enough to believe this is probably said to stop the natives getting too uppity. Let me know if anything actually happens. [sleep icon]

I think it's already been rejected.

It's just the usual suspects in the media having an attack of the vapours that it was even.considered.