DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Since COVID-19, your job/business/employer is...  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Since COVID-19, your job/business/employer is...

• Doing well/better
    • Starting to struggle
    • Looking at redundancies
    • I / colleagues have been made redundant
    • Shut down permanently
    • Other / On Bennies / Retired

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think they're hiding deaths from us so we don't realise how unbelievably dangerous this virus thing is. 

That crap Chinese virus Corona, Delighted mad Errol the stoner. By day and by night, He talked lots of shite, While he tugged on his little fat boner...   XYY @Errol

It was a zombie economy anyway

Posted Images

I’ve posted the link to the French data dashboard before. The numbers are going up in France but much slower than in March / April. Marseille area seems to have started first but appear to have reached a plateau. Paris is increasing but still not greatly. 
It appears to be a number of localized outbreaks. They have started two weeks of restrictions in marseille since Saturday but these wouldn’t have had time to be responsible for the plateau. 

7 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I’ve posted the link to the French data dashboard before. The numbers are going up in France but much slower than in March / April. Marseille area seems to have started first but appear to have reached a plateau. Paris is increasing but still not greatly. 
It appears to be a number of localized outbreaks. They have started two weeks of restrictions in marseille since Saturday but these wouldn’t have had time to be responsible for the plateau. 

If Covid19 shows seasonality, then it's still early days, the equinox was just 8 days ago. Weather can wobble around this time of year affecting people's behaviour etc.

5 hours ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I'd like to see the numbers for hospitalisations and ICU bed occupancy and compare them across the years.  Hospitals and their ICU beds don't generally lie empty all year round. 

8 minutes ago, jm51 said:

I follow this gov site:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

It's deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

Numbers have been dropping, mostly less than 20 a day for a few months. The day before yesterday it was 13. Then it was 71 yesterday and 71 today.

I’m talking about France as the press made such a thing about the surge in deaths a couple of weeks ago. It should be rising rapidly by now - hence the lack of reporting. More people die at this time of the year and Covid might be a factor, not the reason. It might be they have had it in the past month, but have died from something else - as more people die during the winter months that is to be expected.

1 hour ago, jm51 said:

I follow this gov site:

Numbers have been dropping, mostly less than 20 a day for a few months. The day before yesterday it was 13. Then it was 71 yesterday and 71 today.

The Covid death graph in that link correlates with the average rise in all deaths for this time of the year. Covid positive deaths are rising at the same rate as all deaths - there is no unexpected increase.

2 hours ago, jm51 said:

I follow this gov site:

Average time to die from covid is 31 days 🤣🤣 all you're seeing is the bottom of the bell curve. Keep working and paying your taxes. It's all lies. There's no virus 🤣🤣

6 hours ago, BWW said:

I first thought that said:

"I was a zombie anyway."

Had to go back and read again. Have I caught the fear now?

Genuine question, can you explain what you mean by 'fear', I'm guessing you are referring to public fear rather than personal fear.

Is it fear of catching the virus? I see fear in this respect as the enemy as fear paralyses and can stop us making level-headed rational judgements. Fear can freeze us. Fear can come from lack of knowledge or knowing how to prepare or what to do. We shouldn't allow space in our minds for fear. Each of us can do things to prepare and to minimise our chance of catching the virus or giving it to others and so we can help protect our health and minimise stressing the NHS and causing panic as a result.

I think the Government fears the virus because of what it could do to their re-election, they are starting to look paralysed by fear.

Personally, I fear other people's reactions, the public not behaiving rationally, the Government's reactions, and how the virus might be used by TPTB to make persisting changes in society.

if the public understand the virus and transmission, and behave rationally, I think that miminises the chances for TPTB to make changes, because they can only do so by exploitimg public fear.

22 hours ago, Hopeful said:

Genuine question, can you explain what you mean by 'fear', I'm guessing you are referring to public fear rather than personal fear.

Is it fear of catching the virus? I see fear in this respect as the enemy as fear paralyses and can stop us making level-headed rational judgements. Fear can freeze us. Fear can come from lack of knowledge or knowing how to prepare or what to do. We shouldn't allow space in our minds for fear. Each of us can do things to prepare and to minimise our chance of catching the virus or giving it to others and so we can help protect our health and minimise stressing the NHS and causing panic as a result.

I think the Government fears the virus because of what it could do to their re-election, they are starting to look paralysed by fear.

Personally, I fear other people's reactions, the public not behaiving rationally, the Government's reactions, and how the virus might be used by TPTB to make persisting changes in society.

if the public understand the virus and transmission, and behave rationally, I think that miminises the chances for TPTB to make changes, because they can only do so by exploitimg public fear.

I meant fear of the virus. Radio airwaves are full of folk who are so afraid of catching this thing that they think it's OK to dictate whether other peoples behaviour is acceptable or not and what we should do. They've caught the fear. [Admittedly after gov+media have been using one of Boris's decomissoned water canons to soak them with it for months]

I think the government probably realises by now that it's all over but it suits them to delay a few weeks more with this as the lead story [until Brexit is decided at least].

I think the idea of losing all else trying not to catch a cold-like virus is a bit daft TBH. Raising your immune system, vit D, exercise etc is a good thing regardless. Likewise not touching your face and hand washing / hygeine.

When the virus comes along that kills 20%, I'll think differently. Would be sad if that happens this year we've burnt all the reserves already.

Edited by BWW