Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

All quiet on the Western front


OurDayWillCome
 Share

Since COVID-19, your job/business/employer is...  

94 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

OurDayWillCome

Not heard much from the Covid frontline. French hospitals should be full and mortuaries overflowing by now.

Edited by spunko
adding poll
  • Agree 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

assetrichcashpoor

I’ve posted the link to the French data dashboard before. The numbers are going up in France but much slower than in March / April. Marseille area seems to have started first but appear to have reached a plateau. Paris is increasing but still not greatly. 
It appears to be a number of localized outbreaks. They have started two weeks of restrictions in marseille since Saturday but these wouldn’t have had time to be responsible for the plateau. 

  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I’ve posted the link to the French data dashboard before. The numbers are going up in France but much slower than in March / April. Marseille area seems to have started first but appear to have reached a plateau. Paris is increasing but still not greatly. 
It appears to be a number of localized outbreaks. They have started two weeks of restrictions in marseille since Saturday but these wouldn’t have had time to be responsible for the plateau. 

If Covid19 shows seasonality, then it's still early days, the equinox was just 8 days ago. Weather can wobble around this time of year affecting people's behaviour etc.

  • Agree 2
  • Lol 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, assetrichcashpoor said:

I’ve posted the link to the French data dashboard before. The numbers are going up in France but much slower than in March / April. Marseille area seems to have started first but appear to have reached a plateau. Paris is increasing but still not greatly. 
It appears to be a number of localized outbreaks. They have started two weeks of restrictions in marseille since Saturday but these wouldn’t have had time to be responsible for the plateau. 

I'd like to see the numbers for hospitalisations and ICU bed occupancy and compare them across the years.  Hospitals and their ICU beds don't generally lie empty all year round. 

  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OurDayWillCome
8 minutes ago, jm51 said:

I follow this gov site:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

It's deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

Numbers have been dropping, mostly less than 20 a day for a few months. The day before yesterday it was 13. Then it was 71 yesterday and 71 today.

I’m talking about France as the press made such a thing about the surge in deaths a couple of weeks ago. It should be rising rapidly by now - hence the lack of reporting. More people die at this time of the year and Covid might be a factor, not the reason. It might be they have had it in the past month, but have died from something else - as more people die during the winter months that is to be expected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OurDayWillCome
28 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

December a bit too soon for the real SHTF, January/February is my guess.

Yes, the zombie economy will be well and truly finished off by then.

Edited by OurDayWillCome
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

OurDayWillCome
1 hour ago, jm51 said:

I follow this gov site:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

It's deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

Numbers have been dropping, mostly less than 20 a day for a few months. The day before yesterday it was 13. Then it was 71 yesterday and 71 today.

The Covid death graph in that link correlates with the average rise in all deaths for this time of the year. Covid positive deaths are rising at the same rate as all deaths - there is no unexpected increase.

  • Agree 2
  • Informative 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jm51 said:

I follow this gov site:

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

It's deaths within 28 days of a positive test.

Numbers have been dropping, mostly less than 20 a day for a few months. The day before yesterday it was 13. Then it was 71 yesterday and 71 today.

Average time to die from covid is 31 days 🤣🤣 all you're seeing is the bottom of the bell curve. Keep working and paying your taxes. It's all lies. There's no virus 🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OurDayWillCome
5 minutes ago, BWW said:

I first thought that said:

"I was a zombie anyway."

Had to go back and read again. Have I caught the fear now?

Shit! I think you’re onto something. Long Covid! It’s either some sort of a cocktail, or slow zombiefication. 😆

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OurDayWillCome
8 minutes ago, BWW said:

I first thought that said:

"I was a zombie anyway."

Had to go back and read again. Have I caught the fear now?

You’re very close to being a very special person! Only a rep away...

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BWW said:

I first thought that said:

"I was a zombie anyway."

Had to go back and read again. Have I caught the fear now?

Genuine question, can you explain what you mean by 'fear', I'm guessing you are referring to public fear rather than personal fear.

Is it fear of catching the virus? I see fear in this respect as the enemy as fear paralyses and can stop us making level-headed rational judgements. Fear can freeze us. Fear can come from lack of knowledge or knowing how to prepare or what to do. We shouldn't allow space in our minds for fear. Each of us can do things to prepare and to minimise our chance of catching the virus or giving it to others and so we can help protect our health and minimise stressing the NHS and causing panic as a result.

I think the Government fears the virus because of what it could do to their re-election, they are starting to look paralysed by fear.

Personally, I fear other people's reactions, the public not behaiving rationally, the Government's reactions, and how the virus might be used by TPTB to make persisting changes in society.

if the public understand the virus and transmission, and behave rationally, I think that miminises the chances for TPTB to make changes, because they can only do so by exploitimg public fear.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

OurDayWillCome

63 deaths in France of people ‘with’ or having ‘had’ Covid - wow! Second wave? More like a slow dribbling fart!

  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

63 deaths in France of people ‘with’ or having ‘had’ Covid - wow! Second wave? More like a slow dribbling fart!

At that rate it will take 2,740 years to finish the frogs off!

 

  • Lol 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Austin Allegro
11 hours ago, OurDayWillCome said:

63 deaths in France of people ‘with’ or having ‘had’ Covid - wow! Second wave? More like a slow dribbling fart!

Le Petomane strikes again!

  • Lol 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Hopeful said:

Genuine question, can you explain what you mean by 'fear', I'm guessing you are referring to public fear rather than personal fear.

Is it fear of catching the virus? I see fear in this respect as the enemy as fear paralyses and can stop us making level-headed rational judgements. Fear can freeze us. Fear can come from lack of knowledge or knowing how to prepare or what to do. We shouldn't allow space in our minds for fear. Each of us can do things to prepare and to minimise our chance of catching the virus or giving it to others and so we can help protect our health and minimise stressing the NHS and causing panic as a result.

I think the Government fears the virus because of what it could do to their re-election, they are starting to look paralysed by fear.

Personally, I fear other people's reactions, the public not behaiving rationally, the Government's reactions, and how the virus might be used by TPTB to make persisting changes in society.

if the public understand the virus and transmission, and behave rationally, I think that miminises the chances for TPTB to make changes, because they can only do so by exploitimg public fear.

I meant fear of the virus. Radio airwaves are full of folk who are so afraid of catching this thing that they think it's OK to dictate whether other peoples behaviour is acceptable or not and what we should do. They've caught the fear. [Admittedly after gov+media have been using one of Boris's decomissoned water canons to soak them with it for months]

I think the government probably realises by now that it's all over but it suits them to delay a few weeks more with this as the lead story [until Brexit is decided at least].

I think the idea of losing all else trying not to catch a cold-like virus is a bit daft TBH. Raising your immune system, vit D, exercise etc is a good thing regardless. Likewise not touching your face and hand washing / hygeine.

When the virus comes along that kills 20%, I'll think differently. Would be sad if that happens this year we've burnt all the reserves already.

Edited by BWW
  • Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...