• Welcome to DOSBODS

    Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

SNACR

Freakiest Unexplained Coincidence Type Thing You've Experienced

Recommended Posts

My freakiest unexplained one, to date, was when I was driving home one night I drove under a bridge across a dual carriageway I got this very strange vision of a blue Astra coming off it. About a fortnight later looked at the front cover of the local newspaper, in Tesco, and there was a picture of a blue Astra on it's roof. I sort of got goosebumps and knew before I even opened the pages to get to the article it was going to be the same bridge, and it was. 

TBH it creeps me out by potentially disrupting my scientific view of the world more than I think 'yay, I can see into the future, where's the nearest Paddy Power?.

Edited by SNACR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was in a real mess, psychologically speaking in my early twenties - huge levels of anxiety, stress and dark, long depressions. When the 'thing' happened.  I'd just hit a new low - I was in the bath at my friends parents' house contemplating some pretty extreme ways to end the suffering..   I had travelled to Brighton for a job interview which I had just completely screwed up thanks to my crippling social anxiety. I'd all but lost hope.

I was in the house alone at the time when I heard a 'bump'  from the room opposite the bathroom so I went to investigate - I opened the door and laying on the floor of their office was this book;

The_Primal_Scream_sized.jpg

Which was exactly what I needed to read and almost certainly pulled me back from the edge.

 

 

The bookcase scenes in Interstellar made the hairs on the back of my neck stand up;

 

c8c06a1503f64ea6cdaa0c19c671e67f--direct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Cadillac was in the garage due to "damage to the driver's door",so I had to take the Mustang to work. I didn't have a spare wheel. I was thinking about getting one. Well I did have a spare wheel, but it was buggered. When I came out or work there was a label under my windscreen wiper. I thought it was a parking ticket. But it said "phone this number for a spare set of wheels". I phoned this number and now I believe in angels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but our house is blessed(?) with a kind of very low level, benign poltergeist activity. Things will disappear, usually small objects, then after a fruitless search will appear sometimes weeks later but in a very visible location. The top and bottom of the stairs are kind of "hotspots" for it. It's mostly harmless but it was a bit irritating when the Fiat keys vanished for a week or so once, only to turn up sat on a small table that everybody had been passing by numerous times a day in the interim.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, eight said:

Not sure if I've mentioned this before, but our house is blessed(?) with a kind of very low level, benign poltergeist activity. Things will disappear, usually small objects, then after a fruitless search will appear sometimes weeks later but in a very visible location. The top and bottom of the stairs are kind of "hotspots" for it. It's mostly harmless but it was a bit irritating when the Fiat keys vanished for a week or so once, only to turn up sat on a small table that everybody had been passing by numerous times a day in the interim.  

Um.

Do you have children? Or a partner not keen on admitting fault? 

I'm sure you'll recognise this.....

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" 

Edited by swissy_fit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, swissy_fit said:

Um.

Do you have children? Or a partner not keen on admitting fault? 

I'm sure you'll recognise this.....

"How often have I said to you that when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth?" 

I know what you're getting at but it's happened too many times and under too many circumstances to have a "normal" explanation. We do have a daughter but this predates her arrival; in fact it's eased off in recent years.

When we first moved in we adopted a stray dog who was extremely intelligent and perceptive. She used to sit staring intently at random patches of air, with her head to one side. Now that's disconcerting, I can tell you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The multiple "terror drills" occurring on the morning of 9/11;

Warren Buffet's 9/11 "breakfast meeting" at Offutt Air Force base (where AF1 landed later the same day) for NY CEOs;

And Larry Silverstein's "doctor's appointment" preventing him taking his breakfast as usual on the top of the North Tower.

Perhaps 11 Sept should be declared International Coincidence Day

Edited by Turned Out Nice Again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A friend in his late teens had an older brother who vanished, no one in the family heard from or knew what happened to him. 25 years later my friend and his wife were going through the adoption process and had a visit from a social worker. She was chatting about her husband and how his family came from the same area. Turns out her husband is the long lost brother. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

The multiple "terror drills" occurring on the morning of 9/11;

Warren Buffet's 9/11 "breakfast meeting" at Offutt Air Force base (where AF1 landed later the same day) for NY CEOs;

And Larry Silverstein's "doctor's appointment" preventing him taking his breakfast as usual on the top of the North Tower.

Perhaps 11 Sept should be declared International Coincidence Day

Never look into the Madeleine McCann case then.

I'll just throw one out there - the first Mark Warner nanny on the scene after the alleged abduction was from the same small town where Kate McCann worked..... in New Zealand. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Gloommonger said:

A friend in his late teens had an older brother who vanished, no one in the family heard from or knew what happened to him. 25 years later my friend and his wife were going through the adoption process and had a visit from a social worker. She was chatting about her husband and how his family came from the same area. Turns out her husband is the long lost brother. 

intriguing, so why did the brother stop contact with his family?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Circa 1979, on holiday in Spain with parents, having tea/coffee in a café one evening.

The cup in the middle of the table spontaneously exploded. The only thing left on the table was a puddle of tea.

At approximately the same time, one of my mother's relatives died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As a kid we lived in the city centre, there was a small avenue behind the house, then a railway line with depot behind the railway line. Not a pretty view

I used to have a reoccurring dream that behind my parents house was actually countryside with hills, trees and people walking with their dogs

I still live in the city but behind my house is an area of countryside with hills, trees and people walking their dogs. It very much resembles the scene I repeatedly dreamt about as a child. Right down to the orientation of the paths.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

intriguing, so why did the brother stop contact with his family?

Not sure. Farming family so maybe the pressure to take over the farm. I think he dropped out of uni at the time. Hideous for his parents who tried to trace him but eventually assumed he was dead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OK, true one: I rediscovered a 'long' lost branch of my family. Going through their family tree, I noted that one of them had married a well-know military man who got the MC for ramming an enemy tank.

The following day, on HPC, someone ( I think Scunnered) posted about that military man and how he got the MC.

 

 

I think it was Arthur Koestler who said that it would be odd if coincidences didn't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another: On holiday I visited Leiston Abbey in Suffolk, and photographed the ruins. One shot was of two old houses that were partly built into the ruin walls.

The following weekend my Mum came up from Surrey to see me in Berkshire, and came with an old friend.

The friend looked at the photos, and said  'I was born in that house. I lived there for 6 years'.

I suppose that as there were 2 houses in that photo, that doubled the chance of the concidence happening, but anyway....

Edited by Happy Renting

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When my grandmother died my mother cleared the house but as we lived just down the road was in the habit of closing the curtains in the evening and opening them again the next day.

Anyway one day she went to open the curtains and there was a large pure white feather in the middle of the empty room.

She looked around, couldnt work out its origin so threw it in the bin on the way out.

In the evening she returned and there again in the same spot was another white feather. She looked around the room, couldnt work it out, picked it up and threw it away.

The next morning this happened again, this time it spooked her and she never went back.

Now, every year on her mothers birthday she finds a similar feather in her own house!

Now that is freaky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a coincidence as such.

However I remember being in school in Primary 3 and I just remember a feeling that memories that I had had suddenly been wiped from my brain. I just remember looking at my classmates and thinking that nothing would be the same again.

I know this makes me sound a space cadet. However I believe it could have been memories of previous life's being wiped from my brain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sat in docs (local GP not uni docs) at uni 1st year next to another student. Who happened to have lived in the room I was in a couple of years before. E101. Lady Mountford Hall. 
I did think she might have been winding me up but she'd written her name on the underside of the bottom shelf in the wardrobe. So I added mine. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Great Guy said:

Not a coincidence as such.

However I remember being in school in Primary 3 and I just remember a feeling that memories that I had had suddenly been wiped from my brain. I just remember looking at my classmates and thinking that nothing would be the same again.

I know this makes me sound a space cadet. However I believe it could have been memories of previous life's being wiped from my brain.

That's something that comes up on Mumsnet a fair bit - young children talking about their other mummy or when they were big etc. then just forgetting all about it when they get to about five or six years old. Some Mumsnetters claim that their kids have given them lots of details about places they've never been and people they've never met that turn out to be correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MrPin said:

My Cadillac was in the garage due to "damage to the driver's door",so I had to take the Mustang to work. I didn't have a spare wheel. I was thinking about getting one. Well I did have a spare wheel, but it was buggered. When I came out or work there was a label under my windscreen wiper. I thought it was a parking ticket. But it said "phone this number for a spare set of wheels". I phoned this number and now I believe in angels.

I do genuinely approve of your choice of cars but that post does make you sound a bit like you might be a council estate Elvis impersonator.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SNACR said:

I do genuinely approve of your choice of cars but that post does make you sound a bit like you might be a council estate Elvis impersonator.

I like the thought of being "fake Elvis", ah ha ha! I am far too camp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

The multiple "terror drills" occurring on the morning of 9/11;

Warren Buffet's 9/11 "breakfast meeting" at Offutt Air Force base (where AF1 landed later the same day) for NY CEOs;

And Larry Silverstein's "doctor's appointment" preventing him taking his breakfast as usual on the top of the North Tower.

Perhaps 11 Sept should be declared International Coincidence Day

Also no one with an apple mac died on 9/11. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Chewing Grass said:

When my grandmother died my mother cleared the house but as we lived just down the road was in the habit of closing the curtains in the evening and opening them again the next day.

Anyway one day she went to open the curtains and there was a large pure white feather in the middle of the empty room.

She looked around, couldnt work out its origin so threw it in the bin on the way out.

In the evening she returned and there again in the same spot was another white feather. She looked around the room, couldnt work it out, picked it up and threw it away.

The next morning this happened again, this time it spooked her and she never went back.

Now, every year on her mothers birthday she finds a similar feather in her own house!

Now that is freaky.

Do you have many bald seagulls around your way 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.