• Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dgul

Train derails at ...

I wonder about this sort of incident.  Probably coincidence, but...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-40933704

With respect to:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/aug/11/al-qaeda-targets-us-trains/

The network is difficult to police -- perhaps we're heading for a whole new season of disruption...?

[For the hard of linking, the stories are:  Train derails outside London Waterloo station  & Al Qaeda is about to take on a new target — America’s trains — in an upcoming edition of its terror magazine, Inspire.  Issue No. 17 is headlined, “Train Derail Operations,” and will spell out ways to create rail disasters in a transportation system that lacks the stiff security procedures of airline travel.]

There is one specific vulnerability to the rail network which I won't spell out here but I expect to be exploited eventually.

Always had my doubts about the Potters Bar accident. As you know I'm a bit of a train nerd, and I read something afterwards that convinced me it was a deliberate act of sabotage. 

The Waterloo derailment looks like a plain collision with a goods train.  How that happened at such a slow point is anyone's guess but it's maybe not a good sign for self drive anything never mind self drive cars and other road vehicles (I don't know if the train was on automatic/self drive or was under the control of a driver)

Terrorist proposing derailments just like the resistance movements during WW2 etc underlines how much they consider themselves to be at war despite western governments doing everything they can to try to pretend otherwise.

You might also find this interesting.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brétigny-sur-Orge_train_crash

According to a police report, some thefts from passengers and throwing of projectiles at rescue workers occurred shortly after the accident.[9][10] The Minister of Transport Frédéric Cuvillier and Interior Minister Manuel Valls described the incidents as "isolated acts" and said the throwing of missiles ceased when the police arrived.[11]

So that's OK then.

18 minutes ago, eight said:

There is one specific vulnerability to the rail network which I won't spell out here but I expect to be exploited eventually.

Always had my doubts about the Potters Bar accident. As you know I'm a bit of a train nerd, and I read something afterwards that convinced me it was a deliberate act of sabotage. 

A little iron bar in some high speed points would probably do the trick - let these cunts figure it out themselves as the next few atrocities in the uk will see the people turn, big time from what I'm reading on comments etc.

We need a new Deltic thread.,😎

22 minutes ago, mattydread said:

A little iron bar in some high speed points would probably do the trick - let these cunts figure it out themselves as the next few atrocities in the uk will see the people turn, big time from what I'm reading on comments etc.

yeah, it wouldn't take many train or plane crashes to make people livid with the RoP...

25 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

I have to admit if I wanted to kill lots of people I wouldn't be using a knife....

+ 1. If terrorists really wanted to cripple a modern economy they could do it easily by targetting critical transport and utility hubs. For instance, one of the 9/11 planes practically flew directly over Indian Point nuclear power station in favour of striking a white elephant tower block in Lower Manhattan. Hmm? makes you wonder if they are serious ...

44 minutes ago, twocents said:

The Waterloo derailment looks like a plain collision with a goods train.  How that happened at such a slow point is anyone's guess but it's maybe not a good sign for self drive anything never mind self drive cars and other road vehicles (I don't know if the train was on automatic/self drive or was under the control of a driver)

Terrorist proposing derailments just like the resistance movements during WW2 etc underlines how much they consider themselves to be at war despite western governments doing everything they can to try to pretend otherwise.

The platforms and the points leading up to them are all in flux at the moment as the old Eurostar platforms are switched in to the regular network, and the existing platforms are being extended piecemeal at the same time. It certainly appears to the casual observer to be absolute chaos. 

2 minutes ago, Turned Out Nice Again said:

+ 1. If terrorists really wanted to cripple a modern economy they could do it easily by targetting critical transport and utility hubs. For instance, one of the 9/11 planes practically flew directly over Indian Point nuclear power station in favour of striking a white elephant tower block in Lower Manhattan. Hmm? makes you think ...

obviously I don't think we should discuss ways that terrorists could kill too much..

however drones next to airports are always getting mentioned in the news... it wouldn't really be that hard to fly half a dozen drones into the engines of an 747 at take off... if a 747 came down next to a London airport you could be talking 350 passengers dead and a couple hundred people on the ground dead.

7 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

obviously I don't think we should discuss ways that terrorists could kill too much..

however drones next to airports are always getting mentioned in the news... it wouldn't really be that hard to fly half a dozen drones into the engines of an 747 at take off... if a 747 came down next to a London airport you could be talking 350 passengers dead and a couple hundred people on the ground dead.

Jet engines are supposed to survive a bird strike - something like a pigeon. I know very little about drones, but I think that they're very light? So probably (hopefully) would not have much of an effect on a jet engine.

14 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

Jet engines are supposed to survive a bird strike - something like a pigeon. I know very little about drones, but I think that they're very light? So probably (hopefully) would not have much of an effect on a jet engine.

For 'normal sized' drones an impact would be more likely to require an engine strip down / inspection rather than result in an actual crash.  

26 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Agreed, just that the derail thing is in their club magazine this month*.  

[* Apparently.  I wouldn't suggest actually downloading it, unless you want to be on a special list** somewhere forever more.]

[** well, I mean in addition to the special list you're already on just for visiting this site]

37 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

yeah, it wouldn't take many train or plane crashes to make people livid with the RoP...

That's if it became public knowledge that they were responsible.  With some incidents it might be sufficient at the moment that just the government knows as they're making policy which in any event in this connection usually seems to be against the general public's interest.

17 minutes ago, dgul said:

Agreed, just that the derail thing is in their club magazine this month*.  

[* Apparently.  I wouldn't suggest actually downloading it, unless you want to be on a special list** somewhere forever more.]

[** well, I mean in addition to the special list you're already on just for visiting this site]

My thoughts also on the first * point.  It's the first time I've heard of the "magazine" (magazine is a strange way to describe it - does it get fashion adverts etc - you know the way things are these days it probably does).

The fact that there's a reference to the magazine in The Washington Times must mean that there'll be more than usual searching and consequent unwary clicking on links to it even if only just out of curiosity - it might just be another job creation scheme for those that monitor visits to terrorist publication sites. 

1 hour ago, twocents said:

I'm not so sure.  If you look at the pictures it looks more like the train was going to be travelling alongside the goods train, but the front carriage derailed at the points and moved across to hit the train. 

13 minutes ago, twocents said:

That's if it became public knowledge that they were responsible.  With some incidents it might be sufficient at the moment that just the government knows as they're making policy which in any event in this connection usually seems to be against the general public's interest.

tbh, if the government hid the truth about Muslims committing terrorist offences it could backfire...

When I'm in an internet forum battle with someone using the "Nick Griffin warned about sexual grooming and he was sent to court for doing so" argument really wins hearts and minds. If Muslims committed a terrorist offence and the Government hid the fact it could similarly backfire.

2 minutes ago, dgul said:

I'm not so sure.  If you look at the pictures it looks more like the train was going to be travelling alongside the goods train, but the front carriage derailed at the points and moved across to hit the train. 

It looked to me as if it should maybe have been travelling parallel to the goods train but for some reason the points didn't carry out that instruction and led the passenger train onto the goods train track and hence the collision.

Alternatively one of the trains shouldn't have been there and that would maybe be a scheduling fault or something.

It's difficult to be exactly sure but it does look like the two trains made contact and maybe if both trains hadn't been in the same vicinity then there wouldn't have been a derailment. 

12 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

tbh, if the government hid the truth about Muslims committing terrorist offences it could backfire...

When I'm in an internet forum battle with someone using the "Nick Griffin warned about sexual grooming and he was sent to court for doing so" argument really wins hearts and minds. If Muslims committed a terrorist offence and the Government hid the fact it could similarly backfire.

There's a lot of hiding of the truth about lots of things and it does often backfire but then if it's bad enough they're just replaced by a similar version under a different name.

1 minute ago, twocents said:

It looked to me as if it should maybe have been travelling parallel to the goods train but for some reason the points didn't carry out that instruction and led the passenger train onto the goods train track and hence the collision.

Alternatively one of the trains shouldn't have been there and that would maybe be a scheduling fault or something.

It's difficult to be exactly sure but it does look like the two trains made contact and maybe if both trains hadn't been in the same vicinity then there wouldn't have been a derailment. 

That's where I think the given narrative is wrong.  I think it derailed first and the goods train just happened to be there. 

15 minutes ago, Great Guy said:

Nah.  No-one remembers anyone warning about the sexual grooming beforehand.  

22 minutes ago, twocents said:

My thoughts also on the first * point.  It's the first time I've heard of the "magazine" (magazine is a strange way to describe it - does it get fashion adverts etc - you know the way things are these days it probably does).

The fact that there's a reference to the magazine in The Washington Times must mean that there'll be more than usual searching and consequent unwary clicking on links to it even if only just out of curiosity - it might just be another job creation scheme for those that monitor visits to terrorist publication sites. 

Available at all good newsagents...

56 minutes ago, DeepLurker said:

I think it depends on the drone. There are drones that can carry a house brick...

8 minutes ago, dgul said:

That's where I think the given narrative is wrong.  I think it derailed first and the goods train just happened to be there. 

Nah.  No-one remembers anyone warning about the sexual grooming beforehand.  

From the So-Called BBC article isn't the official version that it derailed first and the goods train just happened to be there?  Although in the article they do say there was contact with the goods train but don't say that caused the derailment.