DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

New asylum rules: a plan or more empty rhetoric?

Thought that this one might be a good one track. Interesting how it’s just a plan but when they want to introduce new legislation around Covid, they can do it literally overnight. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54404554

Home Secretary Priti Patel is to commit to delivering the "biggest overhaul" of the UK's asylum system in "decades".

Ms Patel will tell the Conservative Party conference the system is "fundamentally broken" and is expected to promise one that is "firm and fair". 

That includes expediting the removal of those "who have no claim for protection", she will say.

more waffle at the link 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

any journalist worth their salt would have been asking why COVID rules about leaving your fucking house can be brought in overnight, but actually deporting people who have murdered and raped citizens

Talking from my gut only, I feel who and why is important. If a huge bacon accident left Denmark uninhabitable, I reckon we would put up with several million Danes seeking refuge in the UK. We would g

Very commendable! Which constituency is he representing?

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, wherebee said:

any journalist worth their salt would have been asking why COVID rules about leaving your fucking house can be brought in overnight, but actually deporting people who have murdered and raped citizens of the UK takes years.

I think it's about asylum seekers, not convicted crims.

25 minutes ago, One percent said:

Thought that this one might be a good one track. Interesting how it’s just a plan but when they want to introduce new legislation around Covid, they can do it literally overnight. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-54404554

Home Secretary Priti Patel is to commit to delivering the "biggest overhaul" of the UK's asylum system in "decades".

Ms Patel will tell the Conservative Party conference the system is "fundamentally broken" and is expected to promise one that is "firm and fair". 

That includes expediting the removal of those "who have no claim for protection", she will say.

more waffle at the link 

Firm: you can DEFINITELY come

Fair: This applies to everyone, everywhere. 

15 minutes ago, MrPin said:

yeah, not a difference in my view if you look across the totality of behaviours.  The offending rate is much higher in asylum seeker communities in first and especially second generation, if you apply a lens to asylum seekers since the 1990's onwards.

I worked with a nigerian who'd fled here as a kid during the biafran wars.  Nice bloke.  Openly declared he'd steal anything he could from the taxpayer as it was their fault for not building fraud proof systems.

35 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

This would be the first decent attempt at reform without the LibDem caliper.

I'm open minded; she seems to have good intentions to sort it out.

At the moment I'm prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt as being in the transition period means we are sty hamstrung by the EU. But come the 2nd of January she, or whoever replaces her gets no more leeway.

10 minutes ago, wherebee said:

worked with a nigerian who'd fled here as a kid during the biafran wars.  Nice bloke.  Openly declared he'd steal anything he could from the taxpayer as it was their fault for not building fraud proof systems.

That's where society fails.

I care not what your creed, colour or sexual orientation is, but that attitude should have you dropped from a helicopter in the middle of the North Sea, whilst wearing Concrete shoes.  

And that includes white folk born n bred here. 

Edited by Sucralose Ray Leonard
2 minutes ago, Sucralose Ray Leonard said:

That's where society fails.

I care not what your creed, colour or sexual orientation is, but that attitude should have you dropped from a helicopter in the middle of the North Sea, whilst wearing Concrete shoes.  

And that includes white folk born n bred here. 

Best start with parliament and business leaders. 

29 minutes ago, MrPin said:

How do you sort them out?

The concept that theres some brutal regime, murdering the poor n weak, who escape to seek sancturary doenst passm muster.

Take Syria.

This is a civl war, where a secular, broad based regime tnat verges on the brtual side, had the Arab spring sring used against it by a a bunch of Slafists who were looking to turn it into a Sunn state.

The people escaping Syria are not the sort of people a modern, secular state would want.

1 minute ago, spygirl said:

The people escaping Syria are not the sort of people a modern, secular state would want.

I guess it would be better if we rehoused those that run towards bombs. Anyway blame America, and Blair for that conflict.

13 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Syria was and remains a nasty civil war.

The west has had very little to do with it.

The foreign actors involved are Turkey and Russia.

We funded and equipped the "rebel forces", Israel has treated Al Nusra fighters. Israel, and the West have had a lot to do with it.

2 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

We funded and equipped the "rebel forces", Israel has treated Al Nusra fighters. Israel, and the West have had a lot to do with it.

There was a token attempt, spun by some free lancing spies.

The money was mainly pissed up the wall.

1 minute ago, Dave Bloke said:

yes but Cameron not Blair. War funded by Mi6 hoping for regime change (to what exactly?)

To something more acceptable to the Israelis, probably something more head choppy, and more anti-Hezbollah.

I suspect they just want a messnext door in Syria- anything other than a (fairly) secular and stable democracy. 

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

There was a token attempt, spun by some free lancing spies.

The money was mainly pissed up the wall.

They had a lot of Toyota Hiluxes, and John McCain over meeting with Baghdadi, our news reported a lot of funding and training, all out in the open too. 

7 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

They had a lot of Toyota Hiluxes, and John McCain over meeting with Baghdadi, our news reported a lot of funding and training, all out in the open too. 

Drive round, shoot some bullets i nthe air.

Hoorah!!! The brave rebels.

Next day, they were stripped down and sold.

21 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Drive round, shoot some bullets i nthe air.

Hoorah!!! The brave rebels.

Next day, they were stripped down and sold.

I'm pretty sure we had a hand in formenting and encouraging the war in Syria, it may have been due to our shabbos goy politicians here and in the US, but still... We should be ashamed. 

Syria wasn't all that bad before, now it's been fucked, just like Libya. We had a hand in the wrecking of that country too, what they did to Gadaffi and his people was terrible.

Iraq too...

No more wars for Israel. 

Edited by Carl Fimble
Changed furthering to formenting, that change was made after Nippy repped the post
1 hour ago, wherebee said:

The offending rate is much higher in asylum seeker communities

This sort of information is available from Immigration Enforcement Transparency Data spreadsheets well obscured at .gov.uk

As you can see, a FNO is far more likely to still be here after serving his sentence than be deported. And the majority are still sapping the tax payer 2--5 years after serving their sentence!

image.png.4395c1d49d36f9088fc6c102e12b41fd.png
image.png.db9868e39331cd614c7413be4608d0db.png
image.png.53978d4647721e1551c16548b30086e9.png

49 minutes ago, Carl Fimble said:

I'm pretty sure we had a hand in formenting and encouraging the war in Syria, it may have been due to our shabbos goy politicians here and in the US, but still... We should be ashamed. 

Syria wasn't all that bad before, now it's been fucked, just like Libya. We had a hand in the wrecking of that country too, what they did to Gadaffi and his people was terrible.

Iraq too...

No more wars for Israel. 

Nope.

Not us.

Not Israel.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Syrian_civil_war#:~:text=The unrest in Syria%2C part,Assad's removal were violently suppressed.

The unrest in Syria, part of a wider wave of the 2011 Arab Spring protests, grew out of discontent with the Syrian government and escalated to an armed conflict after protests calling for Assad's removal were violently suppressed.[112][113] The war, which began on 15 March 2011 with major unrest in Damascus and Aleppo,[114] is being fought by several factions: the Syrian Armed Forces and its international allies, a loose alliance of mostly Sunni opposition rebel groups (including the Free Syrian Army), Salafi jihadist groups (including al-Nusra Front), the mixed Kurdish-Arab Syrian Democratic Forces (SDF), and the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), with a number of countries in the region and beyond being either directly involved or providing support to one or another faction (Iran, Russia, Turkey, the United States, as well as others).

Salafists hooked up to the Arab spring kickoff and tried to clear out any non Sunni/Salafist government.

West inovlement  was minor,. just trying to get chemweapons out and stop the war over spilling to other areas, with a bit of opportunist hits hits on ISIS members.