DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The mainstream media has been filled with terrifying stories of selfish young people enjoying themselves and spreading the virus for months now. I just thought I'd share this anecdote. I was spea

Behavior of the masses is largely driven by the assholes in politics and the media. That's where the blame lies in my book.

Interesting discussion. My daughter is a recently graduated doctor, beginning her career. Her boyfriend is the same. They are living in my house in the south of England for the moment. My daughter has

8 minutes ago, spunko said:

The mainstream media has been filled with terrifying stories of selfish young people enjoying themselves and spreading the virus for months now.

I just thought I'd share this anecdote. I was speaking to someone I vaguely know earlier at a social event, he's about 50, whose son has very recently been diagnosed with dystrophy? and spinal bifida. He couldn't get treatment at all on the Holy NHS at first because there were no doctors willing to diagnose him before he had had a covid test, which for whatever reason didn't happen until weeks later. He's now confined to a wheelchair, likely for life, simply because of the panic created over the fake virus and the subsequent lack of treatment.

His son is 5 years old.

What's interesting is that this bloke told me he doesn't blame anyone - except perhaps "old people". They're the ones that were initially blackmailing everyone else to not "infect them" and to not be "selfish". 

Having come away from this episode and had time to analyse it, I have to say I think he's right. I like to think if I was a pensioner I'd be carrying on with that war spirit they always jabber on about, not cowering at home. I like to think if I do get to 80 years old I'd realise my life has mostly been lived and it's time to let young people live theirs, not denigrate them for having the temerity to go outside. It has highlighted how awfully selfish many old people are; yes humans are a selfish race anyway but given the passage of time you'd think older people would have learned to be less so. 

Anyone brave enough to agree? :D

Sort of.

I've never understood this whole notion that we are entitled to (x) amount of years of life. If someone now dies in their 50's you'll hear comments of "gone too soon" and "way too young". NO, half a decade of life is still a long time. The expectation of living to be frail, doddery and with everything under the sun wrong with you is just stupid, in my opinion.

I'm not sure if it's linked to people feeling that they deserve to reach retirement age to get something back from the system or if it's just a form of narcissism i.e. "I deserve to live as long as I want because I'm special". It could also be the misguided belief that modern medicine can cure anything so there's no reason why anyone should die before 120.

But I also think that the old have been scared witless by the way the MSM have constantly lied and mislead them into thinking this was the cornapocalypse. Even my own parents, whom I consider fairly intelligent, have fallen for all the crap about wearing masks everywhere and won't let more than 2 of us visit at a time. Fucking insane.

27 minutes ago, spunko said:

The mainstream media has been filled with terrifying stories of selfish young people enjoying themselves and spreading the virus for months now.

I just thought I'd share this anecdote. I was speaking to someone I vaguely know earlier at a social event, he's about 50, whose son has very recently been diagnosed with dystrophy? and spinal bifida. He couldn't get treatment at all on the Holy NHS at first because there were no doctors willing to diagnose him before he had had a covid test, which for whatever reason didn't happen until weeks later. He's now confined to a wheelchair, likely for life, simply because of the panic created over the fake virus and the subsequent lack of treatment.

His son is 5 years old.

What's interesting is that this bloke told me he doesn't blame anyone - except perhaps "old people". They're the ones that were initially blackmailing everyone else to not "infect them" and to not be "selfish". 

Having come away from this episode and had time to analyse it, I have to say I think he's right. I like to think if I was a pensioner I'd be carrying on with that war spirit they always jabber on about, not cowering at home. I like to think if I do get to 80 years old I'd realise my life has mostly been lived and it's time to let young people live theirs, not denigrate them for having the temerity to go outside. It has highlighted how awfully selfish many old people are; yes humans are a selfish race anyway but given the passage of time you'd think older people would have learned to be less so. 

I'll agree, in the initial phase at least and based upon my area. At the start there was fear of the young, the young should be locked up.

Now, I see a shift in attitudes among the oldest, the 70+ group. Older pensioners are self-isolating from the young and acting more responsibly. They are carrying on their lives but just within their own 'bubble' more than ever, they are not going to the local pub for example but the young are, the old are still going to the Garden centre cafe where the young don't go.

On Thursday, there was a 78-yr old woman lying on her back in the mud and scrabbling around underneath her bilges scrubbing off and antifouling her boat beside me while I changed the anodes on mine. The only dowsnide was her builders bum as her trousers kept slipping down as she dragged herself around in the mud. Both of us are carrying on our lives. (she finished at 2.00 pm having started at 09.00 and I said, "You've just finished in time, it's meant to rain at 15.00". Oh no" she said "I'm hoping to play croquet this afternoon".

But war spirit, really? Most of today's pensioners just a few years older than me that are the entitled brigade are too young to know about war spirit. It's my generation that is now the problem.

Edited by Hopeful
2 minutes ago, TheNoSnowMan said:

Sort of.

I've never understood this whole notion that we are entitled to (x) amount of years of life. If someone now dies in their 50's you'll hear comments of "gone too soon" and "way too young". NO, half a decade of life is still a long time. The expectation of living to be frail, doddery and with everything under the sun wrong with you is just stupid, in my opinion.

I'm not sure if it's linked to people feeling that they deserve to reach retirement age to get something back from the system or if it's just a form of narcissism i.e. "I deserve to live as long as I want because I'm special". It could also be the misguided belief that modern medicine can cure anything so there's no reason why anyone should die before 120.

But I also think that the old have been scared witless by the way the MSM have constantly lied and mislead them into thinking this was the cornapocalypse. Even my own parents, whom I consider fairly intelligent, have fallen for all the crap about wearing masks everywhere and won't let more than 2 of us visit at a time. Fucking insane.

It's because they did fekk all in their first fifty while waiting to do it all in retirement.

TBF, that's where society led them, however

6 minutes ago, ashestoashes said:

recent immigrant criminals have not been scared of attacking the old, expect this to continue as the economy deadlines and benefits get cut

Can't find it now, but I posted a tweet on ToS showing gated estates/communities in South Africa and I made the comment that this would be coming to the UK.

Edited by Hopeful
30 minutes ago, spunko said:

His son is 5 years old.

Whats the average OAPS age ~ late 70s?

These were born in the 50s.

Too young for WW2, too old for Falklands.

The only contribution the average late 70yo ha done to UK Inc was making shit products in the 70s, pissing away the UK advantages, going on strike in the 70s.

Selfish doesnt come close. Useless, self centred cunts.

~75 is the age where you should not really bother too muich, spend too much on people.

Pissing money away.

36 minutes ago, spunko said:

His son is 5 years old.

Old people are mostly cunts, as a rule.

The way I see it, old people (obviously not all, but many boomers and pensioners) have benefitted from huge amounts of largesse over the past 20-30 years. Now with the pandemic, the lockdowns are mostly about protecting the old (and vulnerable). Most of the people who will lose out (either from job losses, disruption of routine, economic consequences) will be younger generations who won't enjoy all the things that older generations took for granted (even before coronavirus this was stark) such as generous pensions, cheap housing, NHS, free education. Now the younger generations will have to pay again via higher taxes, less money, more competition for insecure jobs, crap housing situation, inability to raise a family and basically once again to protect the holy cow voting block of the older generation. I think there will eventually be a big, resentful backlash, especially when young people are told if only they didn't eat avocadoes they could afford a fucking house!

Edited by HolyCow
38 minutes ago, spunko said:

His son is 5 years old.

I'm calling BS on this one.

How can you reach the age of 5 before Spina Bifida is diagnosed??

7 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Whats the average OAPS age ~ late 70s?

These were born in the 50s.

Too young for WW2, too old for Falklands.

The only contribution the average late 70yo ha done to UK Inc was making shit products in the 70s, pissing away the UK advantages, going on strike in the 70s.

Selfish doesnt come close. Useless, self centred cunts.

~75 is the age where you should not really bother too muich, spend too much on people.

Pissing money away.

Superb trolling.

Unless you are a fucking idiot and actually mean it.   9_9

Just now, spygirl said:

Nope. Serious.

You must know some very different 75+ people than I do.

Most I know havent done a days work since ~1983ish.

What about that Frank Hovis cunt. He's got a pension and he's not even reached 60. Cunt.

At least we now know you will be principled enough never to draw your pension.  And die instead.

Because you'd never be a cunt. :D

21 minutes ago, spygirl said:

Nope. Serious.

You must know some very different 75+ people than I do.

Most I know havent done a days work since ~1983ish.

My Maths is not great but 2020-75 does not give a year in the 1950s. Most of the people born in that decade were in their teens in 1970.

The big two union leaders of the 1970s Hugh Scanlon and Jack Jones were born in 1913 before the First World War. Joe Gormley who led the NUM in the 1970s miners strikes was born in 1917.

Edited by Virgil Caine
23 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

Many people who have spina bifida occulta don't even know it, unless the condition is discovered during an imaging test done for unrelated reasons.

When to see a doctor

Typically, myelomeningocele is diagnosed before or right after birth, when medical care is available. These children should be followed by a specialized team of doctors throughout their lives, and families should be educated on the different complications to watch for.

Children with spina bifida occulta typically don't have any symptoms or complications, so usually only routine pediatric care is needed.

53 minutes ago, Happy Renting said:

My old GP managed to diagnose a 7yo burst appendix as flu. The 7yo died. 

The GP partner, who I know, socially, admitted he still has nightmares about it.

The 'how'? A combination of DRs thinking they are are geniuses and a positive discrimination recruitment policy.

Just now, spygirl said:

My old GP practise managed to diagnose a 7yo burst appendix as flu. The 7yo died. 

The GP partner, who I know socially, admitted he still has nightmares about it.

The 'how'? A combination of DRs thinking they are are geniuses and a positive discrimination recruitment policy.

37 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

My Maths is not great but 2020-75 does not give a year in the 1950s. Most of the people born in that decade were in their teens in 1970.

The big two union leaders of the 1970s Hugh Scanlon and Jack Jones were born in 1913 before the First World War. Joe Gormley who led the NUM in the 1970s miners strikes was born in 1917.

2020-70 = 1950.

75 - 1945.

65 - 1955.

75ish  is my parents cohort.

Uk winter of discontent 78-79, which was an enjoyable year for, being smuggled into Grease by an older cousin.

School parents then were range of 25-40, born 1939 to 1954.

The union leaders may have been born in the 1910s. Tge people they were representing were born at least a generation later.

Tye 70s crap was just a bunch of crap, protected orgs, meeting expensive oil and the better companies roughly at the same time.

48 minutes ago, Virgil Caine said:

That should have read 'early to mid 70s'

1 hour ago, Hopeful said:

I'll agree, in the initial phase at least and based upon my area. At the start there was fear of the young, the young should be locked up.

Now, I see a shift in attitudes among the oldest, the 70+ group. Older pensioners are self-isolating from the young and acting more responsibly. They are carrying on their lives but just within their own 'bubble' more than ever, they are not going to the local pub for example but the young are, the old are still going to the Garden centre cafe where the young don't go.

On Thursday, there was a 78-yr old woman lying on her back in the mud and scrabbling around underneath her bilges scrubbing off and antifouling her boat beside me while I changed the anodes on mine. The only dowsnide was her builders bum as her trousers kept slipping down as she dragged herself around in the mud. Both of us are carrying on our lives. (she finished at 2.00 pm having started at 09.00 and I said, "You've just finished in time, it's meant to rain at 15.00". Oh no" she said "I'm hoping to play croquet this afternoon".

But war spirit, really? Most of today's pensioners just a few years older than me that are the entitled brigade are too young to know about war spirit. It's my generation that is now the problem.

You dont live hear me then.

The 1930s-1950s birth cohort generally had austere childhoods but then a very good run of it during their working lives: high demand for labour, rising real wages and living standards for ordinary people, amazing occupational pensions in exchange for tiny contributions, cheap and plentiful housing, free university if you were academic enough etc. It was basically taken for granted that each generation would have better lives than the last. Luckiest generation ever in many ways. On the flip side I think their experiences have basically left them lacking empathy, maybe not having had to struggle much to hold down a job and keep a roof over their family's heads means they don't understand what it is like for people trying to do just that under much more difficult economic circumstances. That generation's lack of empathy manifests in many ways e.g. treating shop staff like crap, refusing to recognise that house prices at 10-20x wages are the reason young people struggle to buy and not because they buy too many trainers, NIMBYism, always expecting younger relatives with jobs and kids to come and visit them rather than the other way around etc.

Demographic turnover is currently working its way through this cohort but it will be a long time until most of them are gone, I guess by about 2040 they will mostly be busy berating the minimum wage staff in Hell's retail outlets about some minor corporate policy that they have zero control over.

Edited by Darude