DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Going on the run from the Track and Trace system

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not if you did things properly. In that case, Donald trump or Boris Johnson would be getting the call.

For me,   it's not even that. If Covid was a truly serious threat,  people would be taking the government's arm off to use track and trace because we would all be genuinely scared of the conseque

If it's that serious that you've got to wear a mask whenever your standing up in a pub, then why the fuck are the pubs open? A guy in work said he went clothes shopping the other day, but they wo

Posted Images

I'm generally contrarian by nature, in fact I have been rebel without a clue since I absconded by bus from play group age 4 to go to the petting zoo or whatever it was, when I was told it wasn't my turn to go as I wasn't in that group.

In the instance of track and trace I would have been prepared to consider giving them the benefit of the doubt, until they put Harding in charge.

Not a fucking chance.

I don't even take my phone out with me when I leave the house at the moment.

6 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

Good reminder as dam, I've just got back with it.  Will turn off when I do that again, or use that spare roofing lead in the workshop!

1 hour ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I'm generally contrarian by nature, in fact I have been rebel without a clue since I absconded by bus from play group age 4 to go to the petting zoo or whatever it was, when I was told it wasn't my turn to go as I wasn't in that group.

In the instance of track and trace I would have been prepared to consider giving them the benefit of the doubt, until they put Harding in charge.

Not a fucking chance.

I admire your 4 yr old self! 

Were you recaptured before you could your cunning plan into action?

Just now, whocares said:

I admire your 4 yr old self! 

Were you recaptured before you could your cunning plan into action?

They only realised I had gone missing when mum and dad came to pick me up and went apeshit.

A quick discussion amongst the staff and they suddenly understood what might have happened.

I was recaptured when my folks flagged the bus down five odd miles or so down the road and dragged me off.

For me at that point, the war was over. :CryBaby:

I have what is commonly refered to as a burner phone which is not connected to the internet.  In true dosbodders style it's pay as you go so my phone charges are minimal (no monthly contract for me).  I don't think their system will be able to trace me without the app unless they decide to use the process the police are able to use to see which mast the phone connects to..........so I'm safe even if I take my phone out with me.:Jumping:

Just now, janch said:

I have what is commonly refered to as a burner phone which is not connected to the internet.  In true dosbodders style it's pay as you go so my phone charges are minimal (no monthly contract for me).  I don't think their system will be able to trace me without the app unless they decide to use the process the police are able to use to see which mast the phone connects to..........so I'm safe even if I take my phone out with me.:Jumping:

Ah yes, I just pay for "phone". Every week or so I am told , by SMS, I will have to upgrade my package if I want to use "data". I don't.

I absconded by bus from play group age 4

Can't match the bus part but my 2-year-old was suddenly nowhere to be seen in Early Learning Centre when he had decided to go in Adams the kids clothes shop next door as he liked their toys better. I needed several doses of valium and new underwear after that one.

39 minutes ago, Libspero said:

For me,   it's not even that.

If Covid was a truly serious threat,  people would be taking the government's arm off to use track and trace because we would all be genuinely scared of the consequences if we didn't.   Same with lockdown,  back in March most DOSBODDERs were pretty much on board with it.  We griped a bit about not being able to go out for a drive etc..  but on the whole we went along willingly because there was a genuine fear of the new threat.

As we have become educated about Covid,  we realise that it isn't a big threat. It's actually a pretty small threat to a pretty small part of the demographic.     As a result the public are rightly questioning the need for track and trace,  and questioning the need for this second lockdown..    and reflecting that,  my impression is that people are much more willing to break the rules.

What we have is government listening to advisers,   not the public.  Unless their advisers can convince us, the public,  of the need for these measures (which, so far I don't think they have even remotely convincingly)..  then the government would do well to remember that it won't be their advisers deciding who will be sat in their chairs next election.

Public might swing back in a couple of months.

I suspect public sentiment will always lag the virus, which would be unfortunate.

I was told a story today of an acquaintance who has been working as a CV19 Tracer for £1500/month for several months. So far this person has made contact with three contacts. People simply don't answer the phone to unknown numbers and ignore e-mails. Tracers can't keep trying because they need to move on to the latest cases as they continually stream in. According to a Dr John video, something like only 18% of people are isolating when they suspect they have symptoms, and only 12% with symptoms are getting a test, so the track and trace isn't achieving anything, and, as someone already mentioned, it is likely to be because most people aren't sold on the idea the virus is an exceptional danger.

image.png.62d8e509e3118de1c0f152a6f88ed3e6.png

Just now, Hopeful said:

Public might swing back in a couple of months.

I suspect public sentiment will always lag the virus, which would be unfortunate.

Interesting,  my suspicion is the opposite.

I think when the cases rise,  but death rates remain low..  more people will question why we are doing it.

Only time,  and popcorn,  will tell..

tenor.gif

23 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Who the fuck is this Dr John twat that every nutjob on here keeps mentioning...?

Dr John Campbell presumably.

He's a doctor of nursing (and no, that's not another word for a tranny).

Very popular on the Youtube for his clearly delivered daily lectures on the dreaded Covid.

I lost interest in him after a while as he didn't seem to be discussing any of the wider issues/implications to do with governmental response to the pandemic.

29 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Interesting,  my suspicion is the opposite.

I think when the cases rise,  but death rates remain low..  more people will question why we are doing it.

Only time,  and popcorn,  will tell..

tenor.gif

If people don't see hospitiisations or deaths they will question it.  They are already because of a benign summer.

However, if SarsCov2 is seasonal we've just been helped by summer, yet very few would probably, realise the seasonal effect. I say If, becasue we haven't seen evidence of seasonality yet

We're not seeing any vulnerable people catch it at the moment, no hospitilisations to speak of. If it stays that way people will also think SarsCov2 is notihng, it may well be or it may be that way because of the social distancing and other measures we are taking.

Pesonally, I think we'll see transmission and infection and hospitilisations rise this winter even with measures. I haven't seen an argument with examples or data as to why they shouldn't. Whereas examples from other coronaviruses suggest SarsCov2 should increase in prevalence in winter.

Edited by Hopeful