• Welcome to DOSBODS

Please consider creating a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sgt Hartman

Up yours Hyacinth Bucket!

Well it does ruin the picture; there should be some covenant requiring anybody living there to have an old MG or suchlike.

If you buy a listed builidng you can't replace the guttering without clearing it with your council but you can park a rusty old van outsde which entirely spoils its appearance anyway.

Though I do like yellow cars and have been known to play "Yellow Car"* as featured on Cabin Pressure.

*  The first one to see a yellow car says "yellow car" and gains a point.  Vans don't count.

20 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Well it does ruin the picture; there should be some covenant requiring anybody living there to have an old MG or suchlike.

If you buy a listed builidng you can't replace the guttering without clearing it with your council but you can park a rusty old van outsde which entirely spoils its appearance anyway.

Though I do like yellow cars and have been known to play "Yellow Car"* as featured on Cabin Pressure.

*  The first one to see a yellow car says "yellow car" and gains a point.  Vans don't count.

I like they way they pinned the vandalising on the tourists. I'll bet you my hat it was the locals. I certainly wouldn't put it past them.

Fair enough it looks a bit odd but sod living anywhere that gets that uptight about what car you've got parked outside your house. A house he probably would have paid an absolute fortune to live in. You also have to be a bit of a prick to vandalise an old boys car because you didn't like the colour.

When we lived there we got an arsey letter from the council after we left our bins out for an extra two days because we weren't there, Mrs Hartman was giving birth, the inconsiderate cow. The social housing next door gave zero tosses and left theirs out constantly. This letter hoightily stated that we were "blighting a lovely, unspoilt street".

It was neither unspoilt or lovely and it was a bin for fucksake, not a kebab van.

I toyed with the idea of sending the letter back with a small tube of KY and a note saying that hopefully this would make it easier for them to stuff it up their arses but Mrs Hartman talked me out of it unfortunately. 

There were 12,431 registrations of yellow cars last year, but the most popular colour in the UK was austerity white with 552,329 registrations.

Cars used to be colourful, now they are just as dull as domestic appliances.

White is just white no matter what the salesman says and is the result of leasing and manufacturer (not having to try hard) cost cutting.

Hold on!  I thought it was dreadful that his car was vandalised.

However I see no point in controlling to a ludicrous degree how those buildings are maintained on the one hand and then allowing the residents to park ice cream vans, silver RVs, rusty lorries etc. in front of them so entirely wrecking the visual apperance.that these buildings have.

1 minute ago, Chewing Grass said:

There were 12,431 registrations of yellow cars last year, but the most popular colour in the UK was austerity white with 552,329 registrations.

Cars used to be colourful, now they are just as dull as domestic appliances.

White is just white no matter what the salesman says and is the result of leasing and manufacturer (not having to try hard) cost cutting.

A friend workied in Japan in the 80s.  In company car parks every single car was one colour (white, grey, silver, I forget) with only one or two exceptions which again were the monochrome colours.  It was something like 98% white and 2% grey (or vice versa).  Forget blue or red let alone yellow. 

15 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Hold on!  I thought it was dreadful that his car was vandalised.

However I see no point in controlling to a ludicrous degree how those buildings are maintained on the one hand and then allowing the residents to park ice cream vans, silver RVs, rusty lorries etc. in front of them so entirely wrecking the visual apperance.that these buildings have.

Sorry, not having a go! :Beer:

Yeah I do see your point and it's a good one. I think I'm just bitter about being exposed to the minutie of it when I was there so I can imagine the grief this bloke has been getting.

There are more Hyacinth Bouquets per square mile round those parts than anywhere on the planet, isolated they are not too much of a problem. In groups and emboldened they can be an absolute nightmare so I feel for bloke.

11 hours ago, spunko2010 said:

I like white cars! I've got an earth bronze coloured pickup as well. also known as the colour of shit. 

Not many like it but I do.

There was a nice throwaway line in People Like Us about Roy Mallard's car needing to be moved.

"It's a sort of sludge colour."

"Midnight Sand"