DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Ok I quite like period dramas and I’ve sat down to watch the brides in the bath and just realised it’s one of the kemps.they both played the krays I think obviesly in another film and that’s not a bad film.another is David Bowie in labyrinth I know he has been in a few films but the step daughter adores the film and it’s now the current favrite over Annie and the pig that is pepper.so which singers do you think can actualy act.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

He's not really a comedian. 

William Shatner, wasted on acting.

All four members of Slade appeared as an up and coming band in "Flame" - a film regarded by many as one of the best films portraying the music industry ever made...     https:

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

Comedians seem to turn in acting performances without breaking sweat

Ronnie Barker was Larry Olivier's favourite actor.

I think a lot of musicians make the mistake of thinking that they're creative therefore they can translate that into acting, but acting is becoming another character. Being a musician is the complete opposite- you're being your own voice.

Edited by maynardgravy
38 minutes ago, maynardgravy said:

Ronnie Barker was Larry Olivier's favourite actor.

I think a lot of musicians make the mistake of thinking that they're creative therefore they can translate that into acting, but acting is becoming another character. Being a musician is the complete opposite- you're being your own voice.

Jonny Depp rated Paul Whitehouse as the best actor in the world. 

2 hours ago, stokiescum said:

David Bowie in labyrinth

1 hour ago, Frank Hovis said:

I thought Sting was pretty good in Dune; a bit mannered perhaps.

What was it Johnny Rotten said about musicians acting, and Bowie and Sting in particular?  Something like 'they can't get over their own fame' or words to that effect.

18 minutes ago, Mentalhammer666 said:

Keith Richards and Paul McCartney were in the pirates of the Caribbean, one played a drunken withered old man,one played a Scouse arse pirate. No change there then

I didn't know that. Keith Richards maybe, but as impersonation by Johnny Depp.

Of course whilst The Beatles did films together, Ringo had some acclaim, also appearing in quite a few films including That'll Be The Day with David Essex.

John Lennon had a role in How I Won The War.