Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Continuing health care costs


Recommended Posts

Philip Matias (?) Got 200k back money from his mother's care. Thinks all health care should be free for old people cos the law says health care free.

Absolutely excellent. But free health care for all at end of life years will further cripple the country. 

But children will be able to inherit the home of their relatives after the state has paid for care.

It is unfair that people with no money get paid for whilst those who have money or property have to pay.

What tax would have to go up to cover the bill? Extra tax on inheriting property from elderly relatives in care?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

Philip Matias (?) Got 200k back money from his mother's care. Thinks all health care should be free for old people cos the law says health care free.

Absolutely excellent. But free health care for all at end of life years will further cripple the country. 

But children will be able to inherit the home of their relatives after the state has paid for care.

It is unfair that people with no money get paid for whilst those who have money or property have to pay.

What tax would have to go up to cover the bill? Extra tax on inheriting property from elderly relatives in care?

Any OAP needing help andor care towards their end of life should be moved to NSH run hosice.

basic but safe.

Any care beyond this they have to pay for.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

They've already floated it haven't they?

The intention is to copy Germany's system of applying a "care" income tax to workers aged over forty.

That neatly coincides with completing paying the graduate tax to repay your student loan and thinking you might actually get a higher net receipt each month.

Workers will lose even more of their income to keep the bloated welfare state going; that's how it always goes.

Any rational person would introduce a Land Value Tax tomorrow; however too many vested interests would object to this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1344746/rear-admiral-NHS-elderly-people-care-homes

 

Last year this newspaper revealed how widow Lily Capell saw the loss of everything she had spent a lifetime saving for when she was forced to sell her home and use the £211,000 it raised to pay for her healthcare.

The NHS West Suffolk Clinical Commissioning Group refused Mrs Capell’s application for continuing healthcare despite her fulfilling two criteria which gave her automatic qualification.

Under national CHC rules, elderly people with significant health problems should have their care and nursing fees paid in full by the NHS, provided their condition is the main reason they need help.

This is different to the means-tested adult social care funded by councils.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On the basis that the 50,000 people allegedly unlawfully denied CHC over the past five years had, on average, had to pay £100,000 – a “reasonable assumption”, he said – then the NHS could be liable for £5bn if the judicial review is successful.

 

 

Are there any tax payers left to fund this? 

He's crowd funding for a fight to cost tax payers billions.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/the-nhs-continuing-healthcare-scandal/

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sarahbell said:

 

On the basis that the 50,000 people allegedly unlawfully denied CHC over the past five years had, on average, had to pay £100,000 – a “reasonable assumption”, he said – then the NHS could be liable for £5bn if the judicial review is successful.

 

 

Are there any tax payers left to fund this? 

He's crowd funding for a fight to cost tax payers billions.

https://www.crowdjustice.com/case/the-nhs-continuing-healthcare-scandal/

 

 

 

Cannibalising my own post from the windpower thread:

That is 4.7% of HS2: £106bn 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16473296

 

And 2.5% of UK Covid spending so far: £200bn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-8806387/UK-fix-budget-hole-COVID-19-crisis--Sunak.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

 

Cannibalising my own post from the windpower thread:

That is 4.7% of HS2: £106bn 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16473296

 

And 2.5% of UK Covid spending so far: £200bn

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reuters/article-8806387/UK-fix-budget-hole-COVID-19-crisis--Sunak.html

Once you pop, you can't stop?

 

Everyone can have everything for free. Cos that's brilliant.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sarahbell said:

Lily Capell saw the loss of everything she had spent a lifetime saving for when she was forced to sell her home and use the £211,000 i

Excuse me, but I'm triggered here :o

She probably got the house for the equivalent of £50!

And how do you know she wasn't a 'stay at home wife' talking to her pansies every day?

Rear admiral 'cunty bollocks' needs a poker up his arse! Look after your own mother you selfish 'c u next tuesday' before you come raping the tax payer for even more money

Fooking boomers again, jeez...... :P

Link to post
Share on other sites

The 1% (probably the 0.1%) own 95% of everything. 

They love to watch the rest of us fight over the remaining scraps. 

"It's the immigrants who take more than their share" 

"It's the boomers" 

It's the bennie layabouts"

"It's the lazy woke lefties" 

"It's the right-wing extrwmists" 

"There's not enough money, it's impossible, we should stop trying to have things like NHS" 

Meanwhile the faceless ones lean back in their leather chairs and light a cigar, secure in the knowledge we will never challenge the real problem, them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 5min OCD speculator said:

Excuse me, but I'm triggered here :o

She probably got the house for the equivalent of £50!

And how do you know she wasn't a 'stay at home wife' talking to her pansies every day?

Rear admiral 'cunty bollocks' needs a poker up his arse! Look after your own mother you selfish 'c u next tuesday' before you come raping the tax payer for even more money

Fooking boomers again, jeez...... :P

Wipeing your own mothers arse sight me up

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Funn3r said:

The 1% (probably the 0.1%) own 95% of everything. 

They love to watch the rest of us fight over the remaining scraps. 

"It's the immigrants who take more than their share" 

"It's the boomers" 

It's the bennie layabouts"

"It's the lazy woke lefties" 

"It's the right-wing extrwmists" 

"There's not enough money, it's impossible, we should stop trying to have things like NHS" 

Meanwhile the faceless ones lean back in their leather chairs and light a cigar, secure in the knowledge we will never challenge the real problem, them. 

You don’t have to be rich to own a leather chair or a horse for that matter .

5BFEE5A5-A424-4D3C-8209-87C416C047E2.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...