DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Glitches in the Matrix

Really odd event last night on the local news. They were interviewing a pensioner about the restrictions etc (that's for another forum).

Her name was the same as my grandma's (not common names), she was the same age as my grandma when she died, and she said she had a grandson in the same area I live.

O.o

Just seeing the name gave me a shock, never mind the rest of it.

Someone up above toys with us at times!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All coincidences can be explained by statistics and our lack of awareness of the large number of non-interesting events that happen to us each day. Edit: F*** me, I have just read Nippy's po

If you ever go ice skating, look down at the ice. Sometimes you can see children who have fallen over, entombed in the ice. They sink into the ice due to their body heat before their parents miss

Yesterday I was out with a colleague for lunch and I was describing a young attractive brunette who past me on the train station platform that morning. She wore a pink top without a bra and had some v

Posted Images

I have a similar story. 

We were visiting my wife's in-laws in a rural area. They used to drive a distinctive faded red Vauxhall Cavalier not so long ago. 

A car was coming the other way down the country road, and it was the same car with a dead ringer mother in law look a like in it. We both saw it.

When we got to the house, the car was still there and she was in the house. We asked if she had been out earlier - but she swore she hadn't. She can't drive now anyway, which was the weird thing.

Admittedly I had seen the car and that driver that looked like mother in law once before previously, but didn't think anything of it. Mother in law also said she is aware of a Doppelgänger around that looks like her and drives the same car.

They have gotten rid of that car now, I guess we'll never know.

Edited by 201p
28 minutes ago, 201p said:

I have a similar story. 

We were visiting my wife's in-laws in a rural area. They used to drive a distinctive faded red Vauxhall Cavalier not so long ago. 

A car was coming the other way down the country road, and it was the same car with a dead ringer mother in law look a like in it. We both saw it.

When we got to the house, the car was still there and she was in the house. We asked if she had been out earlier - but she swore she hadn't.

Admitted I had seen the car and that driver that looked like mother in law once before previously, but didn't think anything of it. Mother in law also said she is aware of a Doppelgänger around that looks like her and drives the same car.

They have gotten rid of that car now, I guess we'll never know.

Edited by Bus Stop Boxer

I am watching Carl Sagan's Cosmos this week on DVD - he says something about the vastness of the universe is such that the laws of nature apply all over. Nature's patterns repeat through out. So I have no doubt there are people out there that look and talk like us, named like us, and make the same decisions as us.

31 minutes ago, Stuey said:

Really odd event last night on the local news. They were interviewing a pensioner about the restrictions etc (that's for another forum).

Her name was the same as my grandma's (not common names), she was the same age as my grandma when she died, and she said she had a grandson in the same area I live.

O.o

They were interviewing a dead pensioner? O.o

30 minutes ago, Stuey said:

O.o

Now you need to go Track and Trace her, and see if she still exists, you'll find she has warped back home to her own multiverse.

I was looking at the list of names of the soldiers who were in The Charge of The Light Brigade, maybe 666.

Two of the survivors had the same Surname of myself and my Mother's maiden name.

Very uncommon names.

Mine is so rare here in Northern Ireland that when I phone restaurants to book or for a take away I use a different name as a lot have never heard of it and have next to no chance of spelling it correctly. 

Someone will be along soon to tell us that all coincidences can be explained by statistics and our lack of awareness of the large number of non-interesting events that happen to us each day. Statistics can explain the expected observation rate of peculiar events, but it cannot explain why events happen to a particular person. I find the idea fascinating that we are in a computed reality. For any computer, to avoid infinitely-small or arbitrary resolution discretization and time steps it would make sense to have the universe built fundamentally on discretized quantities rather than continuous, and perhaps to not evaluate something until it is needed by an observer. We see these features in QM and modern functional computer languages with lazy evaluation.

2 hours ago, dillinger said:

I was looking at the list of names of the soldiers who were in The Charge of The Light Brigade, maybe 666.

Two of the survivors had the same Surname of myself and my Mother's maiden name.

Very uncommon names.

Mine is so rare here in Northern Ireland that when I phone restaurants to book or for a take away I use a different name as a lot have never heard of it and have next to no chance of spelling it correctly. 

Please tell me you book under 'Gerry Adams' for shits and bullets

6 minutes ago, Nippy said:

Someone will be along soon to tell us that all coincidences can be explained by statistics and our lack of awareness of the large number of non-interesting events that happen to us each day. Statistics can explain the expected observation rate of peculiar events, but it cannot explain why events happen to a particular person. I find the idea fascinating that we are in a computed reality. For any computer, to avoid infinitely-small or arbitrary resolution discretization and time steps it would make sense to have the universe built fundamentally on discretized quantities rather than continuous, and perhaps to not evaluate something until it is needed by an observer. We see these features in QM and modern functional computer languages with lazy evaluation.

Coincidences like mine in the opening post can be explained by a Zip File issue then to improve computation...

I've mentioned before that I and a couple were staying at a friend's parents' house.

On the wall outside the couple's room was a big WWI death certificate with the husband's exact name on it that had clearly been there a long time rather than having been put up as a joke.

The surname wasn't that of the people we were visiting but it was that of an ancestor; it wasn't an unusual name but even so.  It freaked him along with several other odd things about the house.

3 hours ago, Stuey said:

O.o

you'd be surprised how many families are estranged after 2 generations of a feud.  She might be your aunt.

My extended family were once on a walking holiday in the Yorkshire Dales. Only us and one other group of people in a small restaurant one evening. When my Dad went to pay, the owner immediately called over the other table for the guy who had just settled his bill. He wanted to know who had stolen whose card. Turns out they both had the same (reasonably unusual) name. 

Glitch report: just now someone at work being disparaging about a customer. "They want advice and hand-holding for everything - wouldn't be surprised if they wanted to know how to sit the right way on a toilet seat." And earlier today I was asked for advice about sitting wrongly on a toilet seat in the covid thread.