DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

What's the best way to cook a gammon steak...?

Go to solution Solved by Carl Fimble,

Question

7 answers to this question

58 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

Our lass bought me two gammon steaks in ALDI yesterday, what's the best way to cook them...?

They are proper ones with fat and skin on them mind, not them shitty round ones with all the good bits trimmed off...

XYY

I season them and pan fry them (high heat) for 3 to 4 minutes a side.

You can boil them first for a couple of minutes if they have a high salt content and you don't like salt (or soak them for a while)

4 hours ago, The XYY Man said:

Our lass bought me two gammon steaks in ALDI yesterday, what's the best way to cook them...?

They are proper ones with fat and skin on them mind, not them shitty round ones with all the good bits trimmed off...

XYY

Some people say to soak them in water to get the salt out but fuck that noise.

Pour a glug of oil into a frying pan over a medium heat and allow it to come to temperature.

Season the gammon steak and place the in the pan, seasoned-side down – it should sizzle immediately.

Season the top side and allow to cook for 3 minutes.

After 3 minutes, flip the steak over and allow to cook for another 3 minutes, until both sides have a nice golden-brown crust.

Then shove them up your arse you forum trolling fuckwitt :)

Ah what the bollocks there's already a solution, what a waste of time ffs :wanker:

3 minutes ago, Option5 said:

I season them and pan fry them (high heat) for 3 to 4 minutes a side.

You can boil them first for a couple of minutes if they have a high salt content and you don't like salt (or soak them for a while)

The BBC website said to do them like that - so it can't possibly be true...!

;)

XYY

8 minutes ago, The XYY Man said:

The BBC website said to do them like that - so it can't possibly be true...!

;)

XYY

Well there aren't that many options, you can just boil them. You can honey roast them if they're thick enough but pan fried is best. Add some butter to the pan if you want them to take some colour. Add honey for a glaze.

1 minute ago, Option5 said:

Well there aren't that many options, you can just boil them. You can honey roast them if they're thick enough but pan fried is best. Add some butter to the pan if you want them to take some colour. Add honey for a glaze.

We have no honey as we're not posh enough.

I gonna fry them like you said...

XYY