DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

Yale university being sued for racial discrimination

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mulling it over that this has been happening for decades, and we all know it and don't need a Russia Today story to tell us, is a big disservice to anyone who is black and genuinely deserving of their

When you cease to want the best of the best of the best you're fucked.

US Department of Justice suing Yale for long term racial discrimination against white and Asian applicants which is forbidden for any recipient of government funds. Now this will be interesting.

Posted Images

I had heard that college/university entry criteria were set lower for certain ethnic backgrounds than for white/Asian (in US, not sure if also in UK).

Is this actually a thing? Always puzzled me that this didn't contravene discrimination legislation o.O

48 minutes ago, Frank Hovis said:

US Department of Justice suing Yale for long term racial discrimination against white and Asian applicants which is forbidden for any recipient of government funds.

Now this will be interesting. I remember Gloucestershire police force, for one, admitting that they were throwing applications from white straight men into the bin and, like many, wondered how this was not discriminating against someone based upon their race, sexuality and sex and therefore illegal.

https://www.rt.com/usa/503000-doj-sues-yale-discrimination/

I think in California they've mooted getting rid of anti discrimination laws for this very reason. 

3 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

We don't need to understand them. You can't go against them. We're not above nature. We are nature and the same rules apply us. 

The same rules apply to us all the time, and we'll see that eventually.

Genetic load

51 minutes ago, LC1 said:

I had heard that college/university entry criteria were set lower for certain ethnic backgrounds than for white/Asian (in US, not sure if also in UK).

Is this actually a thing? Always puzzled me that this didn't contravene discrimination legislation o.O

Don’t be daft, white people cannot be discriminated against.  They are all the discriminators.  :)

20 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Genetic load? 

Increasing. Gap between the average and the optimum genotype. Accumulation of deleterious recessives. For example medical intervention enabling sterile women to reproduce or enabling people with genotypes that would normally die before reproductive maturity to survive and reproduce. But all that is also part of nature too, just as are planes and cars and deforestation. Evolutionarily, it will all play out. Most species that have lived on this planet are extinct. We are just a blink of an eye.

Edited by Hopeful
1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

I think in California they've mooted getting rid of anti discrimination laws for this very reason. 

yeah.  what the idiots don't seem to understand that when the backlash comes, removing laws that prevent racial discrimination is very very handy to racists.  Welcome back segregation and redlining.

28 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

We are just a blink of an eye

This is a truism that is lost on most people.

We have been around for a few hundred thousand years, comfortably less than a million.

The earth has been here for around 4,500 million years.

We have put ourselves in a position where one computer error could see our species practically wiped out in thirty minutes and yet people talk about us destroying the planet as if matters in the long term. Does anybody seriously think that anything vaguely resembling out current civilisation will exist in another thousand years ?

The impact we are having is significant on our scale, but it is fuck all compared to an asteroid impact, or an ice age.

Ices ages and asteroid impacts have not stopped happening.

It's only a matter of time until the next one.

And then we and everything we have ever been are gone.

7 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

We have been around for a few hundred thousand years, comfortably less than a million.

We have put ourselves in a position where one computer error could see our species practically wiped out in thirty minutes and yet people talk about us destroying the planet as if matters in the long term. Does anybody seriously think that anything vaguely resembling out current civilisation will exist in another thousand years ?

The impact we are having is significant on our scale, but it is fuck all compared to an asteroid impact, or an ice age.

Agree

But I also think that we are clever enough to not over exploit, to wage war, etc and bring about our own demise. We can give ourselves the best time while we are here. Otherwise what is the point of self-awareness or the growth and passing on of knowledge, we might as well be as we consider other animals

I prefer the asteroid or Yellowstone outcome

Edited by Hopeful
25 minutes ago, Bornagain said:

The only thing will be a 400 feet stone carving of XYYs arse, made as a site of worship by the new inhabitants of Albion after they find a lone working printer and the last thing it printed was this site...

3 hours ago, LC1 said:

Its long been a thing in the US. I think even 100 years ago they decided to limit Jewish intakes after seeing them 'take over' certain faculties. 

I guess whether its right or not depends on whether you think its acceptable to have intakes being perhaps 25% white, 25% jew, 25% upper caste indian, 25% east asian and the odd african despite those not being the demographics of the US at all. 

Its not about meritocracy, but then i'm not sure if meritocracy is possible or indeed desirable in something as unnatural as a multiracial democracy. 

3 hours ago, LC1 said:

Definitely a thing, e.g.

https://www.brookings.edu/research/race-gaps-in-sat-scores-highlight-inequality-and-hinder-upward-mobility/

https://nypost.com/2018/10/17/harvards-gatekeeper-reveals-sat-cutoff-scores-based-on-race/

The trial began Monday, and has so far only included testimony from dean of admissions William Fitzsimmons.
He said Harvard sends recruitment letters to African-American, Native American and Hispanic high schoolers with mid-range SAT scores, around 1100 on math and verbal combined out of a possible 1600, CNN reported.

Asian-Americans only receive a recruitment letter if they score at least 250 points higher — 1350 for women, and 1380 for men*.

Fitzsimmons explained a similar process for white wannabe students in states that don’t see a lot of Harvard attendees, like Montana or Nevada. Students in those states would receive a recruitment letter if they had at least a 1310 on their SATs.

“That’s race discrimination, plain and simple,” John Hughes, a lawyer for Students for Fair Admissions, challenged the dean.

“It is not,” the dean insisted. He said the school targeted certain groups in order to “break the cycle” and try to convince students to apply to Harvard who normally wouldn’t consider the school.

...which is akin to saying "this wasn't child abuse because my sole intention in thrashing him was to improve his future behaviour".

* so gender bias too.