DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Positive Covid case in my eldest son's year - entire year sent home and told to isolate I get a further letter saying my other son, his brother, has not been in close contact with the identified

Utter incompetence and insanity. My daughter drove two hours to my home and then back to hers today. We had a lovely day. Lunch at home, out for a drive and then a walk with my dogs where we

I had the bi-fortnightly/monthly call from the mother earlier. Can barely stop myself spitting feathers just listening to it. I just think the world has lost its f**king mind and I am bored of the con

26 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Positive Covid case in my eldest son's year - entire year sent home and told to isolate

I get a further letter saying my other son, his brother, has not been in close contact with the identified pupil and so does not have to isolate. But, hold on...

I have to laugh or I'd cry.

How / why are these kids getting tested as it appears it's only a tiny % of kids that apparently have this thing get any symptoms ?

Edited by ccc
3 hours ago, ccc said:

How / why are these kids getting tested as it appears it's only a tiny % of kids that apparently have this thing get any symptoms ?

I've had a bit of a barney with Mrs. Mellie today she says 'loads of people are off work with Covid, I'm going to get a test'. 

Me: how many have symptoms? 

Her: not many

Me:Do you feel ill? 

Her: No

Me: so what's the frigging point in getting yourself tested? It's nothing more than curiosity. 

Bear in mind - this is the 3rd time she's thought she 'might' have Covid. 

2 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

I've had a bit of a barney with Mrs. Mellie today she says 'loads of people are off work with Covid, I'm going to get a test'. 

Me: so what's the frigging point in getting yourself tested? It's nothing more than curiosity. 

I bet there's women in her dossplace who have had eight weeks off by now. While men pick up the pieces.

43 minutes ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Perhaps she wants the excuse to isolate for a bit

Are you ahem, demanding ?

I’ve had a sore throat for 2 days so have been working from home. Don’t really see the point in getting tested but feel like I’m not supposed to be in my office potentially spreading ‘it’ to my one member of staff.

Said staff told me today that her daughter is now home for 2 weeks because someone in her year has tested positive. 

5 minutes ago, Van Lady said:

Utter incompetence and insanity.

My daughter drove two hours to my home and then back to hers today.

We had a lovely day. Lunch at home, out for a drive and then a walk with my dogs where we met some of my dog walking acquaintances at the usual place.

While we were enjoying our tea/evening meal we laughed about breaking the rules today at dog club meeting and by her being in my home. We didn’t laugh for long though because it’s insane and like the majority of others we’re finding it tough because the joy is being sucked out of everyday life. 

My dad had his overdue kitchen refit this week, builders in for 2 or 3 days. But I can't go round to visit.  

I'll help where I can but will leave up to him to decide what rules to follow, sounds harsh but it's often a labour visiting and helping.  

I had something that needed delivered quite near him this week.  I said I was maybe going to be passing (of course can drop off anything he needs).  He was saying he would happily get which makes me feel a bit uncomfortable - he was previously mentioning going out for lunch since he can't have visitors, all it's not as if he would be putting himself in more danger than normal.

Anyway I said I'll just catch a bus across no problem, I'll collect myself.  He was quick to say "your NOT allowed to catch buses"😂 wtf how do you think I get to work?  I said he could happily buy me a car but otherwise I'm happy getting the bus, he was quick to understand and probably realised how foolish his comment was.

1 hour ago, Roger_Mellie said:

Daughter and I were discussing the “obsession” about people wanting a test even if they feel well.

We agreed that as we weren’t ever closely near any vulnerable people in our day to day lives that if we did get a “bug” in the next few months we’d behave normally. If feeling really ill we’d have a couple of quiet days or so. In daughters case, she’d have to be off sick but she works a lot alone so if not feeling bad she’d just get on with it. Neither of us see any point in getting a test for a virus that currently, according to statistics, isn’t wiping out previously healthy people at an alarming rate. We’re quite content to work on healthy eating, keeping fit and slim plus not being over clean to hopefully keep our immune system working well. 

42 minutes ago, Battenberg said:

I’ve had a sore throat for 2 days so have been working from home. Don’t really see the point in getting tested but feel like I’m not supposed to be in my office potentially spreading ‘it’ to my one member of staff.

Said staff told me today that her daughter is now home for 2 weeks because someone in her year has tested positive. 

Totally crazy this circuit breaker, track and trace stuff.  

Cases and hospital admissions going up but there is no way to eradicate now in the UK.  

1 hour ago, Dogtania said:

Totally crazy this circuit breaker, track and trace stuff.  

Cases and hospital admissions going up but there is no way to eradicate now in the UK.  

Never been about eradication, the Gov't are attempting to control transmission and the infection rate.

The Gov't may succeed in controlling the infection rate but by the time it's run it's course they won't have stopped any hospitilisations or deaths of those that are Covid19 vulnerable; unless either a treatment or a vaccine comes along before those people catch it, or they die before they catch it, or some vulnerable people choose to lose weight or supplement with Vit D before they catch it so that they are no longer vulnerable.

Almost everyone is going to catch it, unless you are a hermit like me and then it's still pot luck, which is why it was pointless trying to prevent it getting here by stopping flights etc, which is what many  wanted back in February. Trump makes much of stopping flights from China but it made no difference which nobody seems to challenge.

I expect the growth of the virus to follow a Gompertz curve this winter. Infections will rise, the Gov'ts measures may influence the slope, when the inflexion occurs and the asymptote.

Edited by Hopeful
5 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

Never been about eradication, the Gov't are attempting to control transmission and the infection rate.

The Gov't may succeed in controlling the infection rate but by the time it's run it's course they won't have stopped any hospitilisations or deaths of those that are Covid19 vulnerable; unless either a treatment or a vaccine comes along before those people catch it, or they die before they catch it, or some vulnerable people choose to lose weight or supplement with Vit D before they catch it so that they are no longer vulnerable.

Almost everyone is going to catch it, unless you are a hermit like me and then it's still pot luck, which is why it was pointless trying to prevent it getting here by stopping flights etc, which is what many  wanted back in February. Trump makes much of stopping flights from China but it made no difference which nobody seems to challenge.

I expect the growth of the virus to follow a Gompertz curve this winter. Infections will rise, the Gov'ts measures may influence the slope, when the inflexion occurs and the asymptote.

I hear you and I hear the logic. But I stand by the measures begin in place being completely junk.

Track and trace...I could be persuaded differently but common sense just looking at it seems to say it doesn't work.  Wouldn't be surprised if it did more harm than good (moving the infection about or testing people that don't need testing etc).  £10 billion plus apparantly spent on it.

Honestly I'm not so sure about hospital admissions now either.  Surely treatment is way better now.  Lots of zinc and vit c, less ventilator maybe?  The hospitals were overrun in Italy, it came thick and fast.  Well they are quite tactile nation lots of kissing etc no?  So it spread too quickly.  Surely 1) by now people taking more precaution naturally ie more vulnerable sheltering?  2) it's made its way around a lot of the population already.  

I like being challenged and nobody wants to be proven wrong in history so welcome your response reminding me maybe they are doing the right thing.  

Instinct at the moment tells me we are in a dark place.  This isn't the Spanish flu (but yes everyone getting a cold at the same time will result in overrun hospitals for those who are very sick already).  There quite possibly are strange things afoot.  I'm watching with interest. 

Maybe if we were more grown up or more transparent in what is going on would help with me not getting paranoid or sending guessing every damn thing.

A few red lights for me are the lack of complete ability of those making the rules to actually follow themselves.  Obviously not all but a few highly publicised ones like Scottish health minister and the Ferguson philanderer stand out.... Why we still give him air time is beyond me.  If his models are that bad, dump him to make an example.  The lack of common sense with some of these characters is astounding.

16 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

I hear you and I hear the logic. But I stand by the measures begin in place being completely junk.

Track and trace...I could be persuaded differently but common sense just looking at it seems to say it doesn't work.  Wouldn't be surprised if it did more harm than good (moving the infection about or testing people that don't need testing etc).  £10 billion plus apparantly spent on it.

Honestly I'm not so sure about hospital admissions now either.  Surely treatment is way better now.  Lots of zinc and vit c, less ventilator maybe?  The hospitals were overrun in Italy, it came thick and fast.  Well they are quite tactile nation lots of kissing etc no?  So it spread too quickly.  Surely 1) by now people taking more precaution naturally ie more vulnerable sheltering?  2) it's made its way around a lot of the population already.  

I like being challenged and nobody wants to be proven wrong in history so welcome your response reminding me maybe they are doing the right thing.  

Instinct at the moment tells me we are in a dark place.  This isn't the Spanish flu (but yes everyone getting a cold at the same time will result in overrun hospitals for those who are very sick already).  There quite possibly are strange things afoot.  I'm watching with interest. 

Maybe if we were more grown up or more transparent in what is going on would help with me not getting paranoid or sending guessing every damn thing.

A few red lights for me are the lack of complete ability of those making the rules to actually follow themselves.  Obviously not all but a few highly publicised ones like Scottish health minister and the Ferguson philanderer stand out.... Why we still give him air time is beyond me.  If his models are that bad, dump him to make an example.  The lack of common sense with some of these characters is astounding.

I've tried to never say whether I think the Government's choice of measures or the way they are implementing the measures is right. I've tried to just focus on what they are trying to achieve and why I think they are doing so, rather that the mechanisms themselves.

Also I've tried to explain what I think will happen. As much to get my own thoughts straight so I am prepared for both what will happen and the way I expect the Gov't to act. It's no good me planning my life in a way that is unrealistic simply because I didn't anticipate properly.

If the public grasps what the Government are trying to achieve and why, I thnk that would help a lot, and would mitigate to some extent the public being told or dictated as to what to do. I haven't seen much of the Government's explanation to the public but I have a feeling it's probably been very poor.

That's why I made that post of what I think I'd like the Government to say.

Hancock needs to go and never be heard of again, in any guise, IMO. Out of his depth and doesn't understand what he is being told, which is why he is so defensive, awkward and clearly lacks confidence when speaking on the subject, just like a bully lacks confidence. Characters like him would have been the schoolboy snitch and, in later life, a yes man.

Edited by Hopeful
30 minutes ago, Hopeful said:

I've tried to never say whether I think the Government's choice of measures or the way they are implementing the measures is right. I've tried to just focus on what they are trying to achieve and why I think they are doing so, rather that the mechanisms themselves.

Also I've tried to explain what I think will happen. As much to get my own thoughts straight so I am prepared for both what will happen and the way I expect the Gov't to act. It's no good me planning my life in a way that is unrealistic simply because I didn't anticipate properly.

If the public grasps what the Government are trying to achieve and why, I thnk that would help a lot, and would mitigate to some extent the public being told or dictated as to what to do. I haven't seen much of the Government's explanation to the public but I have a feeling it's probably been very poor.

That's why I made that post of what I think I'd like the Government to say.

Hancock needs to go and never be heard of again, in any guise, IMO. Out of his depth and doesn't understand what he is being told, which is why he is so defensive, awkward and clearly lacks confidence when speaking on the subject, just like a bully lacks confidence. Characters like him would have been the schoolboy snitch and, in later life, a yes man.

Just googled to confirm who I thought you were talking about. He definitely doesn't inspire much confidence, makes a good second batter for the main pantomime and school yard bully who has a lot more clout Johnson.  Definitely feel you hit the nail on the head with the last description.

So confirmed his face (yes he's the very unconvincing bland yes man that tries to be reassuring I was thinking of).  Googled a bit more and lo and behold he made it to Oxford (or maybe Cambridge) clearly straight through prep and then onto independent with a history dating back to Henry VIII and before.  Some bright brains get nurtured through these type of places.... And then some not so.  I'm guessing he's more of the latter it did say he worked in government in lots of middling roles before his window appeared with Boris reshuffle.  He even had illusion of grandeur maybe standing for leadership... Although this is just brief gander on Wikipedia.

3 hours ago, Van Lady said:

Daughter and I were discussing the “obsession” about people wanting a test even if they feel well.

I think it's "a control thing".

Some people just want/need to (try to) know that they're "in control" and some people aren't too bothered.

The latter group described just carry on (not worrying about a test if there's no obvious reason to worry), the former group have trouble with the situation of not knowing if they might be infected, and possibly seem, to the latter group, a little bit crazy.

2 hours ago, goldbug9999 said:

Tell her about the DIY test method -  you shoot your load into her mouth and if she can taste it then shes in the clear

even better, tell her you've eaten a lot of pineapple.  If she can't taste that in your spunky goodness, it's time for a second test.

So anyway, I wake up this morning she says 'I've got a test booked at 10'

For fuck sake. Right, what are you going to do if you test positive?

Eh?

If you test positive what are you going to do?

Errr... 

Are you going to stay off work? 

Errr... 

Right... If you test positive, you're going to have to stay off work, then Mellie Jr. Will have to be tested and if he's positive he'll have to stay off school, and all the kids he's had contact with will have to be sent home and you're not even feeling ill. So what are you doing? 

She hasn't gone. 

14 hours ago, Van Lady said:

Utter incompetence and insanity.

My daughter drove two hours to my home and then back to hers today.

We had a lovely day. Lunch at home, out for a drive and then a walk with my dogs where we met some of my dog walking acquaintances at the usual place.

While we were enjoying our tea/evening meal we laughed about breaking the rules today at dog club meeting and by her being in my home. We didn’t laugh for long though because it’s insane and like the majority of others we’re finding it tough because the joy is being sucked out of everyday life. 

But you have now taken control of the situation/life choices rather than deferring to some government dictat. The more people start doing such similar actions, the sooner we will get back to normality, reclaim our civil rights, and the government realise their rightful position in society.