DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

IGNORED

The Strange Case of Dominic Chappell

spygirl

Weirder n weirder.

Dominic Chappell evaded tax liability in £1 BHS deal, court told

Businessman who bought failed UK retailer alleged to have spent cash on a Bentley and yacht

https://www.ft.com/content/3f3bf32d-c952-44b0-ab6c-748a74b6094b

Dominic Chappell, the businessman who bought failed retailer BHS from multi-millionaire Philip Green for £1 in 2015, “dishonestly chose” to evade paying tax on £2.2m of income he received from the deal and instead used it to buy a Bentley car and a yacht, a court heard on Thursday.

Mr Chappell, 53, who led BHS when it collapsed in 2016, is on trial at Southwark Crown Court on three charges of tax evasion relating to him and his company Swiss Rock. He denies all the charges. 

On the opening day of the trial, prosecutor Mark Bryant-Heron QC told the jury that Mr Chappell had the means to pay his corporation tax, income tax and VAT but “dishonestly chose not to”.  

He told the jury that Mr Chappell would claim in his defence that he was “misled” by Sir Philip over the purchase of BHS and was not dishonest but simply “too busy” to attend to his tax liability.

Philip Green scuppered BHS sale to Mike Ashley, court told

Claim comes as businessman Dominic Chappell faces trial over £1 sale of retail chain in 2015

https://www.ft.com/content/af371701-30e8-42c3-86e2-b9231d52d020

In an opening statement, Mr Burke claimed that Mr Chappell had been left “utterly broken” two weeks after he bought BHS in 2015 following the decision by the Pensions Regulator to launch a probe into BHS’s retirement fund deficit. Mr Burke alleged that the defendant’s corporate vehicle,

Retail Acquisitions Ltd, was not given access to BHS pension fund documents until after the sale had completed because Sir Philip had made assurances he would deal with the pension deficit. 

Never ever ever ever get invopled with thick minor public school boys./

Fucktards.

stop_the_craziness

He may well be a dishonest fucktard but Phillip Green is pure evil so I would imagine that Chappell is still the bigger victim here.  I find stories like this astonishing, it's like reading about a different species of human.  Or should that be a different species from humans.  These people have no souls at all and that makes me sad.

4 minutes ago, stop_the_craziness said:

He may well be a dishonest fucktard but Phillip Green is pure evil so I would imagine that Chappell is still the bigger victim here.  I find stories like this astonishing, it's like reading about a different species of human.  Or should that be a different species from humans.  These people have no souls at all and that makes me sad.

Greens a scheming cunt.

Chappels a stupid cunt.

I dont care whether people have souls or not. These sort of fucktards should not be let anywhere bear a company / pension liability.

leonardratso

yeah, agreed, they should hand that pension over to a decent trustee.

Like the zombie of robert maxwell or someone with a known trustworthy pedigree.

• 3 weeks later...

Philip Green gave BHS assurances ‘as knight of the realm’

Dominic Chappell, on trial for tax evasion, said retailer had pledged to resolve pension hole

https://www.ft.com/content/0531f3b8-e6a8-4466-8431-688f8107e09f

ea14eba6-0c79-4318-81cf-858cfed0ecca.jpg

Philip Green told the businessman who bought BHS that “as a billionaire and knight of the realm”, he would resolve the retailer’s pension deficit, a London court has been told.

On Wednesday, Dominic Chappell, who acquired BHS from Sir Philip for £1 in 2015 and is now on trial for tax evasion, told Southwark Crown Court that the Monaco-based retail tycoon had assured him he would resolve BHS’s pension problem and stand behind trade credit insurance after the business was sold.

“He gave me his word in a very strong way in front of 20-odd professionals including from Olswang [a law firm] and Grant Thornton [accountants],” Mr Chappell told the jury.

Ahh ... stupid minor public school boys with one gcse

Always worth a laugh.

To his credit, Lord CuntWeael was true to his word - he did resolve he BHS pension deficit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived