DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

6 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I said to a good friend of mine earlier in the year who I've known since we were nippers, that whilst in the past I've had an opinion on everything my entire life (he didn't disagree) even if wrong, this is the first time in my life where I honestly have no idea and just don't know.

You will shortly.

2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Best is subjective.

Best economically?  Those who couldn’t afford to lock down.

Best at sparing any deaths from Covid?   North Korea.

I don't think WE can afford it, and I wouldn't believe too much the Norks say.

1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I think the US certainly has a desire to get back to work.

Yes, this has exposed what I had already seen many times first hand, how lazy the average UK person is compared to the US.

Big cultural difference; more and more people in the UK expect the government to pay for everything forever; working or producing something of value is for 'other people' but not for them.

This attitude clearly extends to the UK government. Question is, why do they seemingly want so many people reliant on them? What's the big plan here?

Edited by JoeDavola
4 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes, this has exposed what I had already seen many times first hand, how lazy the average UK person is compared to the US.

Big cultural difference; more and more people in the UK expect the government to pay for everything forever; working or producing something of value is for 'other people' but not for them.

This attitude clearly extends to the UK government. Question is, why do they seemingly want so many people reliant on them? What's the big plan here?

Well I want my tax back I’m hoping to get close to 2k a month possably more .if I was dead cheeky I could even claim maintanence off the x for 2 kids and she is on benifits im not sure about the morality of doing that mind lol but it would be more free cash from the system 

On 09/10/2020 at 18:04, JoeDavola said:

I think the country to fare best will be the USA. But only if Trump wins. If Biden gets in it will  just be a gradual coast down to the level of bennie-dependency we have in the UK.

In answer to your question, I think the UK is still essentially a feudalistic society. Those in power want to be the lords of the manor who dole out largesse to the peasants. It's a master/servant relationship, part of the blood and soil of these islands for millennia.

The USA is different; it was built by those Britons and Europeans who did not want to live like that and who believed that a man's worth was measured by how much he could do for himself, not how much he could get others to do for him.

1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think the country to fare best will be the USA. But only if Trump wins. If Biden gets in it will  just be a gradual coast down to the level of bennie-dependency we have in the UK.

In answer to your question, I think the UK is still essentially a feudalistic society. Those in power want to be the lords of the manor who dole out largesse to the peasants. It's a master/servant relationship, part of the blood and soil of these islands for millennia.

The USA is different; it was built by those Britons and Europeans who did not want to live like that and who believed that a man's worth was measured by how much he could do for himself, not how much he could get others to do for him.

Yes, in the end they'll have cleared out their dry tinder and will have a good level of herd immunity. I suspect it's done for Trump though, which will cost them.

Not sure what Jacinda in NZ thinks she's going to do in the long term - forced vaccinations would be about right for a Blairite, if she thinks she can get away with it.

On 10/10/2020 at 02:51, Stuey said:

Aus and NZ worst

Europe middling

US best

China thought they'd win but you can't out-tactic the white man.

Oi!

I fear you could be right.  Although - it has stopped 350,000 immigration numbers this year, and probably another 100,000 next year.  Which is amaxingly good for the country in my view.  Every year it delays a white minority in time for the flames of europe to change peoples views is a good thing.

re the virus - Australia is called the lucky country, but people misunderstand what it means.  It does NOT mean the people are clever and make their own luck.  It means the leaders are shit but despite that we do very well through blind chance.

I suspect that we'll come out into a world which wants lots and lots of dirt and stuff we have.