Jump to content
DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

     

    DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

    Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

     

Which countries will get out of this best?


Recommended Posts

MrPin
Just now, Stuey said:

Aus and NZ worst

Europe middling

US best

China thought they'd win but you can't out-tactic the white man.

 

I think the US certainly has a desire to get back to work. China will be losing customers.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
MrLibertyRedux

I said to a good friend of mine earlier in the year who I've known since we were nippers, that whilst in the past I've had an opinion on everything my entire life (he didn't disagree) even if wrong, this is the first time in my life where I honestly have no idea and just don't know.

  • Agree 4
  • Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, MrLibertyRedux said:

I said to a good friend of mine earlier in the year who I've known since we were nippers, that whilst in the past I've had an opinion on everything my entire life (he didn't disagree) even if wrong, this is the first time in my life where I honestly have no idea and just don't know.

You will shortly.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Libspero

Best is subjective.

Best economically?  Those who couldn’t afford to lock down and lost the most elderly and non-productive.

Best at sparing any deaths from Covid?   North Korea.

Edited by Libspero
Link to post
Share on other sites
MrPin
2 minutes ago, Libspero said:

Best is subjective.

Best economically?  Those who couldn’t afford to lock down.

Best at sparing any deaths from Covid?   North Korea.

I don't think WE can afford it, and I wouldn't believe too much the Norks say.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Libspero
14 minutes ago, MrPin said:

I don't think WE can afford it, and I wouldn't believe too much the Norks say.

I believe the Norks when they say nobody has died of Covid.  
 

They died of gunshot to the head with possible secondary Covid complications.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I think in terms of debt those with lots will be fine as government debt will just be "reset". 

That's just my #1 choice if what the fuck I think is going on right now. 

Who knows. It's all getting nuttier by the day. If that's possible O.o

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
JoeDavola
1 hour ago, MrPin said:

I think the US certainly has a desire to get back to work.

Yes, this has exposed what I had already seen many times first hand, how lazy the average UK person is compared to the US.

Big cultural difference; more and more people in the UK expect the government to pay for everything forever; working or producing something of value is for 'other people' but not for them.

This attitude clearly extends to the UK government. Question is, why do they seemingly want so many people reliant on them? What's the big plan here?

Edited by JoeDavola
  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Libspero
12 minutes ago, ccc said:

Who knows. It's all getting nuttier by the day. If that's possible O.o

Let Rishi enjoy his moment of popularity :D

 

 

  • Agree 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
stokiescum
4 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes, this has exposed what I had already seen many times first hand, how lazy the average UK person is compared to the US.

Big cultural difference; more and more people in the UK expect the government to pay for everything forever; working or producing something of value is for 'other people' but not for them.

This attitude clearly extends to the UK government. Question is, why do they seemingly want so many people reliant on them? What's the big plan here?

Well I want my tax back I’m hoping to get close to 2k a month possably more .if I was dead cheeky I could even claim maintanence off the x for 2 kids and she is on benifits im not sure about the morality of doing that mind lol but it would be more free cash from the system 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Popuplights
6 hours ago, JoeDavola said:

Yes, this has exposed what I had already seen many times first hand, how lazy the average UK person is compared to the US

The pioneer spirit is still strong. It comes from the vast area of the country.

Link to post
Share on other sites
The XYY Man
15 hours ago, MrPin said:

Which countries will end up skint, and which would have made a profit?

Wales and Cuba.

But not necessarily in that order...

 

XYY

Link to post
Share on other sites
Virgil Caine
46 minutes ago, 201p said:

Anywhere in Africa I would have thought - they won't be locked down as much and won't have as much of their lives changed after this.

My thoughts too. They will be impacted by the economic  recession but will have dodged all the other bullets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

We are not anywhere near the end. Winter is going to be hell.

Even the UK Government will be forced into total lockdown.

Edited by Errol
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Errol said:

We are not anywhere near the end. Winter is going to be hell.

Even the UK Government will be forced into total lockdown.

No. London is immune to everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ashestoashes
4 hours ago, Errol said:

We are not anywhere near the end. Winter is going to be hell.

Even the UK Government will be forced into total lockdown.

government said it was going to be bumpy. Is hell bumpy ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Austin Allegro
On 09/10/2020 at 18:04, JoeDavola said:

Yes, this has exposed what I had already seen many times first hand, how lazy the average UK person is compared to the US.

Big cultural difference; more and more people in the UK expect the government to pay for everything forever; working or producing something of value is for 'other people' but not for them.

This attitude clearly extends to the UK government. Question is, why do they seemingly want so many people reliant on them? What's the big plan here?

I think the country to fare best will be the USA. But only if Trump wins. If Biden gets in it will  just be a gradual coast down to the level of bennie-dependency we have in the UK.

In answer to your question, I think the UK is still essentially a feudalistic society. Those in power want to be the lords of the manor who dole out largesse to the peasants. It's a master/servant relationship, part of the blood and soil of these islands for millennia.

The USA is different; it was built by those Britons and Europeans who did not want to live like that and who believed that a man's worth was measured by how much he could do for himself, not how much he could get others to do for him.

  • Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
swiss_democracy_for_all
1 hour ago, Austin Allegro said:

I think the country to fare best will be the USA. But only if Trump wins. If Biden gets in it will  just be a gradual coast down to the level of bennie-dependency we have in the UK.

In answer to your question, I think the UK is still essentially a feudalistic society. Those in power want to be the lords of the manor who dole out largesse to the peasants. It's a master/servant relationship, part of the blood and soil of these islands for millennia.

The USA is different; it was built by those Britons and Europeans who did not want to live like that and who believed that a man's worth was measured by how much he could do for himself, not how much he could get others to do for him.

Yes, in the end they'll have cleared out their dry tinder and will have a good level of herd immunity. I suspect it's done for Trump though, which will cost them.

Not sure what Jacinda in NZ thinks she's going to do in the long term - forced vaccinations would be about right for a Blairite, if she thinks she can get away with it.

  • Agree 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
wherebee
On 10/10/2020 at 02:51, Stuey said:

Aus and NZ worst

Europe middling

US best

China thought they'd win but you can't out-tactic the white man.

 

Oi!

 

I fear you could be right.  Although - it has stopped 350,000 immigration numbers this year, and probably another 100,000 next year.  Which is amaxingly good for the country in my view.  Every year it delays a white minority in time for the flames of europe to change peoples views is a good thing.

 

re the virus - Australia is called the lucky country, but people misunderstand what it means.  It does NOT mean the people are clever and make their own luck.  It means the leaders are shit but despite that we do very well through blind chance.

I suspect that we'll come out into a world which wants lots and lots of dirt and stuff we have.

  • Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...