DOSBODS
  • Welcome to DOSBODS

DOSBODS is free of any advertising.

Ads are annoying, and - increasingly - advertising companies limit free speech online. DOSBODS Forums are completely free to use. Please create a free account to be able to access all the features of the DOSBODS community. It only takes 20 seconds!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Poppy - honouring those who fought for freedom Mask - accepting totalitarianism Pretty simple really. Anyone wearing both will get some words.

I think the point is we seem to be still treating this like it's ebola, when it's clearly not. The pubs stayed open in the 17th century when we had the actual plague

I will probably be calling out those who virtue signal with both a poppy and a mask. Do these masked fools realise what they are succumbing to.

Posted Images

Sorry, fail to see your point on this one. 

The remaining folk that fought for our freedom are the very people that this virus is most likely to kill. 

I appear to be in a minority on this site of people that wear a mask when out. I hate wearing one, so i rarely go out. But I'm giving the fuckwits in charge the benefit of the doubt at present. 

I will also reasses my wearing of one come Spring. 

I wont wear a Poppy as i stopped it years ago due to BBC prrsenters wearing them for weeks on end. I eill still donate though. 

I know a couple of people in real life (!) that don't wear a mask delibratey.  One was in the bank for some kind of meeting a few weeks ago and got offered one and explained they were against or something.  The bank employee apparently took it all very well although I pointed out they were the customer after all.

In a way I respect those that don't as maybe there is a lot of BS coming out and I'm glad people making a stand against bullshit and if it exists more sinister things going on.   Better than 90%+of people that follow wherever crap gets ladled to them without question.

I get the bus most days and quite a few people don't wear a mask...tbh I don't think mainly there making a attend stand against anything.  Maybe I'm being cynical think mainly there just lazy fucks.

Not seen a bus driver in one in weeks (fine)

21 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

I know a couple of people in real life (!) that don't wear a mask delibratey.  One was in the bank for some kind of meeting a few weeks ago and got offered one and explained they were against or something.  The bank employee apparently took it all very well although I pointed out they were the customer after all.

In a way I respect those that don't as maybe there is a lot of BS coming out and I'm glad people making a stand against bullshit and if it exists more sinister things going on.   Better than 90%+of people that follow wherever crap gets ladled to them without question.

I get the bus most days and quite a few people don't wear a mask...tbh I don't think mainly there making a attend stand against anything.  Maybe I'm being cynical think mainly there just lazy fucks.

Not seen a bus driver in one in weeks (fine)

I don't wear one wherever possible as I think it's all a load of shite. 

14 minutes ago, ccc said:

I don't wear one wherever possible as I think it's all a load of shite. 

Respect then for standing strong.  I know you mentioned before someone you vaguely knew who was affected really badly.  Kind of strengthens your stance to me if anything.

34 minutes ago, Dogtania said:

Respect then for standing strong.  I know you mentioned before someone you vaguely knew who was affected really badly.  Kind of strengthens your stance to me if anything.

Burds cousin. She works in very busy pharmacy. Was ill for few weeks put on various medications - then was fine.

That's about it that I know of. Pals dad died "with it" but I'm very dubious how much of an impact it had - if any. 

It's just all very ridiculous imo for the tiny impact it has. 

Edited by ccc
1 hour ago, Knickerless Turgid said:

I have had a few glasses of wine, but I can't grasp the thrust of this thread?

I think that the original poster may be pointing out the contradictory juxtaposition of simultaneously kowtowing to fascism, whilst wearing a symbol which shows support for a war fought against fascism  in the early 20th century.

Edited by Straingone
2 hours ago, Stuey said:

Poppy - honouring those who fought for freedom

Mask - accepting totalitarianism

Pretty simple really. Anyone wearing both will get some words.

Poppy - In agreement 

Mask - If you dont want to wear one fair enough. I won't point at you and do a Donald Sutherland from the Bodysnatchers. I'm not accepting totalitarianism, i'm bundling through the strangest year I've ever lived through. I don't wear a surgical mask. They seem pointless to me. I wear a mask that protects me, rather than others. As I've said on here before, i'm ruddy sure i had Covid back in March. I thought i was done for at one point and i still have various issues 7 months later, including something with my right lung. I'd like to not catch whatever i had back in March again. I know of someone younger and fitter than me that also believes he had it, and he was unable to get off a couch for 5 weeks. Until a bit more is known about it, i will err on the edge of caution. 

Do i believe the damage to the economy is worth all the lockdown? No, i believe the vulnerable should be shielding and the rest left to choose if they wear a mask or not. 

I don't think posting a daft meme helps your argument though, nor does calling someone a cunt and offering then on for saying grow up, in response to you saying you'd have words with someone for dearing to wear a mask and a Poppy. 

58 minutes ago, Wight Flight said:

What is your problem with that view?

With the bit about Poppies, no problem.

With the patronising assumption that anyone wearing a mask is doing so because they are told to, rather than exercising their own judgement, a lot. And the suggestion of totalianarism is ridiculous. I wear a mask becaiuse I choose to, and want to avoid catching Covid19, as well as avoiding spreading it. Opinion on mask effectiveness is divided, but that is no reason to attack or criticise people who choose to. If Stewie doesn't like me wearing one, he can go cry in in his bedroom.

As fo anyone 'having words' from keyboard warrior Stewie, he'd probably get some back.

It was a bit early in the evening for it to be his shandy talking, so I guess it was just twattishness.  Or being from Yorkshire.